Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Hi Tassie4ever,

There isn't a Brisbane based family day planned this year, so we will be holding more regular signing sessions on game days at the Gabba or post-games instead.

We are having our Melbourne family day this year on Sunday March 10

I find this extremely disappointing. If I could pose this simple question- why not?

It's terrific that you have arranged a Melbourne family day. However, why not for the many more family Members in Brisbane though. Or don't, as the so-far arranged pre-season activities suggest, you actually give a c**p.

Can I ask whether whether we have such a solid supporter base IN BRISBANE that the Club can afford to once again dis the kids, for example in my family, who look forward to the once-off annual opportunity to meet their heroes.

Then again, as a Member since 1997 when we relocated from Skase central, and having had to put up with regularly having to put up with lunatic eg , Melbourne club supporters sitting right behind me throughout last season, and subsequently having to move seats, nothing would surprise.

Anyway, a simple response to my question- why not a Brisbane family day? would be good.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fair question too.

When looking at the events schedule we decided to try something different this year and spread out the events at the Gabba. We will start hosting post-game signing opportunities and also open up more Gabba training sessions during the school holidays. We've got our first open training session for a while tomorrow, and will keep trying to run these throughout the rest of the pre-season where possible.

Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Fair question too.

When looking at the events schedule we decided to try something different this year and spread out the events at the Gabba. We will start hosting post-game signing opportunities and also open up more Gabba training sessions during the school holidays. We've got our first open training session for a while tomorrow, and will keep trying to run these throughout the rest of the pre-season where possible.

Without wishing to be rude, can I ask you for an answer to my very simple question.

Put another way- why do Melbourne Members get a family day, and we [far more numerous] Brisbane Members not.

Without wishing to be rude, can I ask you for an answer to my very simple question.

Put another way- why do Melbourne Members get a family day, and we [far more numerous] Brisbane Members not.

If you read the info its pretty clear that instead of a stand alone day they have elected to run post game signing and more open training sessions. They've answered the question. Now you're well within your right not to agree with it but the question was actually answered.

Haha. Ok yeah. Try this-
4FABBAC1-63B4-4457-8718-E6312828397D.png

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks

Swap you the five games we get in Melbourne and a family day for the 11 games you get up there and the opportunity to meet the players after games and at a plentiful number of training sessions.

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
Swap you the five games we get in Melbourne and a family day for the 11 games you get up there and the opportunity to meet the players after games and at a plentiful number of training sessions.

Six games in Vic

3 at Marvel
2 at MCG
1 at Mars

Hey Lions_Insider , near the 1 minute mark of the vlog 3 video one of the training team is wearing a long sleeve shirt with sponsors and a white Lion across the front. Will that be available at the store by any chance? Looks awesome, I'd love it for running in cooler weather!
*cough* So, Lions_Insider , about that thing? ;)

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Hi Lions_Insider , I bought 3 adult 11 game memberships + 3 kids 3 game memberships last year and received the full memberships early January, still haven't received the kids 3 game memberships, should I ring the membership team and chase this up or is this the normal delivery timeline for the 3 gamer's?

BigCat2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Lions_Insider , I bought 3 adult 11 game memberships + 3 kids 3 game memberships last year and received the full memberships early January, still haven't received the kids 3 game memberships, should I ring the membership team and chase this up or is this the normal delivery timeline for the 3 gamer's?
Last year I received my season membership about a month before my wife's 3 game membership.

Mar 27, 2006
Bribie Island
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team
Just wanted to say how handy the shopping bag is from the members pack . It’s a great size for groceries and fits nicely in my bag when not being used . Nice to get something that is useful .Thanks Lions .

Mavlions1961

Club Legend
Jan 31, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners, Seattle Seahawks
Just wanted to say how handy the shopping bag is from the members pack . It’s a great size for groceries and fits nicely in my bag when not being used . Nice to get something that is useful .Thanks Lions .

Wish I could say the same. Only got the membership cards. Not even a lanyard which is a bummer. My first year as a Gold member and no lanyards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Wish I could say the same. Only got the membership cards. Not even a lanyard which is a bummer. My first year as a Gold member and no lanyards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s odd. I definitely got one.
5ED32021-E805-4B8C-8E08-CB585AD8C591.jpeg

Got a bumper sticker and a badge too.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Received our supporters packs recently. Apparently they was sent to someone else by mistake.

Happy with the goodies in the pack, especially the shopping bag.

Reading other members posts, we appear to have received everything, which is great for first year members, but it’s also somewhat disheartening when you read long term members aren’t receiving the same.

Received our supporters packs recently. Apparently they was sent to someone else by mistake.

Happy with the goodies in the pack, especially the shopping bag.
Reading other members posts, we appear to have received everything, which is great for first year members, but it’s also somewhat disheartening when you read long term members aren’t receiving the same.
12 yr Gold Member, got no Bag.
Did get a Lanyard though.

Back