Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

Reducing that has been discussed too.

I’ve always been curious about how much the AFL regulates this sort of stuff.

Like for example, if we wanted to play a sad trombone sound effect every time the opposition kicked the ball out on the full, could we?

For the record, I don’t actually want that, but it would be interesting to know how much freedom clubs have to tweak their in-game experience at their home ground.

Yeah, reducing the excitement for an opposition goal would be fine by me. Should be a "cool story, bro" jpeg imo, but that's probably pushing the boundaries.

2. When the inevitable trip to the facilities is required during a quarter, I know whether it was a lions goal or not ;)

It could be coming from the cubicles.

“Jeez, we are on a hot streak here!”

I’ve always been curious about how much the AFL regulates this sort of stuff.

Like for example, if we wanted to play a sad trombone sound effect every time the opposition kicked the ball out on the full, could we?

For the record, I don’t actually want that, but it would be interesting to know how much freedom clubs have to tweak their in-game experience at their home ground.
I went to a basketball game once and every time the home side had a penalty throw they advocated silence over the loudspeakers, and whenever the opposition had one they yelled "be loud, be proud, make some noise" and played some klaxon sounds as well because the crowd was apparently insufficient. Bugged the hell out of me and I eventually switched to supporting the away team halfway through the match on general principle (I had gone in without any particular allegiance except that the home team was where I lived at the time).

That does still seem milder though.

Hi LI, just wondering if you can elaborate at all on this statement by Eddie today? Is this AFL Queensland? Who are the Collingwood people being brought to Queensland, and why? Seems a bit strange.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/pa...ires-big-call-to-wa-government-ng-b881163947z
e6b141f6d1333c2f221f9b6bcf742897.jpg

The State Government is working with Collingwood to bring people up for the long weekend, that's correct. It's a tourism thing.

Hi LI, just wondering if you can elaborate at all on this statement by Eddie today? Is this AFL Queensland? Who are the Collingwood people being brought to Queensland, and why? Seems a bit strange.

There are now realistic expectations it could be a sell out. It means a sell out of the entire stadium.
Hi LI, in the bailey injury update website article it says the Collingwood game is set to be a sellout. Does that mean sell out of the open areas or all areas are open and all areas sell out?

The State Government is working with Collingwood to bring people up for the long weekend, that's correct. It's a tourism thing.
There are now realistic expectations it could be a sell out. It means a sell out of the entire stadium.

Well - if it's a State Government initiative and we are benefitting financially, then that's a good thing. :D

A sell-out? That's awesome.....god I hope win this weekend.

Thanks for the responses LI - I tweeted a response thanking the media team yesterday, and I guess you might be part of that area, so in case you don't see it, thanks for dropping in to answer questions and provide information as you are able :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wowee. Really hope the weather does us a favour. This game is going to pay some bills.

LR weather forecast shows a roughly 50/50 chance of a shower in the evening - but hey, it's a week away so anything can happen.

And a shower shouldn't keep TOO many away.

We've blocked out sections for Collingwood, they've been selling those tickets themselves as well.

Verandah remains as normal.
Thanks. Any crowd exceeding 30,000 will be a big success. I imagine wins for both Brisbane and Collingwood this weekend would add a thou or two.

We are planning to go to the Ballarat game and it's our first away game.

do our full memberships get us in or do we need to buy tickets? If we are buying tickets can we do it through the club? And is there a lions fan seating area? Any other info that you think is relevant would be appreciated.

Cheers

Did ya get an answer on the lions supporters seating area? Taking my young bloke and would rather sit surrounded by fellow lions legends.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back