Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

BrainOfMorbius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not stressing at all, just noticed that this one hasn't been responded to in the two weeks since it was posted, while others had, so was guessing it's not a priority this year. Not a biggie if that's the case.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi LI.
Just some feedback regarding the time for the Victorian Junior clinic this Sunday. I coach an under 9s side and we play each Sunday starting at either 9.00 or 10.00. The under 10s follow after that and so on. This makes it basically impossible for any of these children to attend the clinic and they would have to abandon their own game and teammates in order to go. My boys are in between a rock and a hard place as to what to do, but I told them that they need to play with their mates and will have to miss the clinic. They are pretty shattered about this, as are the other 2 lions fans in the team that can’t go. I can understand and appreciate that the boys have to head back to Brisbane and can’t be hanging around all day in Melbourne, but could this be organised some time on a Saturday, possibly before a Brisbane Sunday game in future? This would make the decision to choose between having a kick with your heroes and supporting your teammates a lot easier for our young kids. Cheers.
That's a shame to hear. It is very hard to make these sessions available to everyone while also keeping the boys on their footy schedule.

Hey Lions_Insider, the article on our website / the app on our “Over 30’s” players says that John Rantall played six games for Fitzroy in 1960, but it was actually in 1980. Worth correcting that in the interests of accuracy.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Just noticed the online lions store looking pretty bare, any reason?

Probably not overcapitalising knowing that Neds will be replaces by a more palatable sponsor next season.

Milpool

Cam Rayner Fanclub Jr. Vice President
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just noticed the online lions store looking pretty bare, any reason?

Yeah I noticed that too. My missus was looking into getting me a clash guernsey for my 30th but there's only 7XL's left. Is there likely to be a re-stock or is that kind of it for the year?

Yeah I noticed that too. My missus was looking into getting me a clash guernsey for my 30th but there's only 7XL's left. Is there likely to be a re-stock or is that kind of it for the year?
The 8XLs will be back next year.

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Lions_Insider.

I will be in Brisbane on Sunday attending the game. I am a Silver member. Does this provide me entry into the ground but I need to purchase a reserved seat or can I sit in a section that doesn't require purchasing a reserved seating.. such as the Lions section on level 3 at Marvel?

Cheers

Mavlions1961

Club Legend
Jan 31, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners, Seattle Seahawks
Hey Lions Insider,

As per previous years, will the Members Lounge be open for this Sunday's curtain raiser against Redlands

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tassie4ever

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Probably not overcapitalising knowing that Neds will be replaces by a more palatable sponsor next season.

I was in Hobart very recently with a first priority to obtain a Lions beanie for my number one grandson [who is on the sliding scale whatever it is to turn out about 6ft 6in- we're in early contract discussions with Lions' management, seeing he is just 8yo].

Not much Lions AFL stuff to be had, more or less. A big run on Lions AFL stuff of all descriptions. Sign of the times.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Lions_Insider.

I will be in Brisbane on Sunday attending the game. I am a Silver member. Does this provide me entry into the ground but I need to purchase a reserved seat or can I sit in a section that doesn't require purchasing a reserved seating.. such as the Lions section on level 3 at Marvel?

Cheers
We would need a name so we can look at the type of membership they have to determine if they have game access or not.

Alternatively, call the membership team on 1800 216 885 or jump on the chat on the membership website and ask.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey Lions_Insider, can the boys from Marist College Ashgrove be at Lions matches again, loved it the other week.
That was a ticketing program we have recently launched to get more kids and families along to our games. They are more than welcome back and we have sent them and other schools around Brissie subsequent offers, but they won't be on the field again this year, no.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Really disappointed to hear Fish and Dom pumping up NEDS and having a bet at the end of the latest Roar Deal podcast.
I think we'll have to get used to Neds getting a more prominent airing from our media team given the extension of their sponsorship.

IIRC wasn't there a club directive that the Neds logo was not on certain guernsey's? Maybe junior size merchandise?? I wonder if that changes, I don't think we'll see Bundy involved in any promotions for Neds.

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
I think we'll have to get used to Neds getting a more prominent airing from our media team given the extension of their sponsorship.

IIRC wasn't there a club directive that the Neds logo was not on certain guernsey's? Maybe junior size merchandise?? I wonder if that changes, I don't think we'll see Bundy involved in any promotions for Neds.
Can't think of a single betting promotion which features current players at all so shouldn't be much of an issue.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Lions Insider, every game for the last couple of years I have gone to the members bar and brought in a friend as a guest. The rule was if someone had an allocated seat they could come in as a guest with a member. At the game this weekend we were told of a change in policy, guests no longer allowed. This change was not communicated in advance in any way. 2 of my mates bought tickets with the express purpose of watching the game from there with my friend and i and they couldn't. The bar was emptier than normal btw. I am very disappointed this policy was changed with no advanced notice to members.

Back