Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Hi Lions_Insider. Half time at the game yesterday they had the boutique beers bar closed and the line up at the main bar was ridiculous. Was there an expectation the crowd was going to be a lot smaller or is this a permanent thing?

I know a little bit relevant to this - in the post game interview fagan said the club budgeted for a crowd of 17k but 25k showed up. Figure that impacts on catering

I know a little bit relevant to this - in the post game interview fagan said the club budgeted for a crowd of 17k but 25k showed up. Figure that impacts on catering
Pretty sure in Fages mid week interview he said that with ticket sales to that point they were hoping for a crowd of around 20k.
So to get to near 25k is good going and may have left them a bit short in a few areas.
The Brisbane crowds are coming back Baby!

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Lions_Insider. Half time at the game yesterday they had the boutique beers bar closed and the line up at the main bar was ridiculous. Was there an expectation the crowd was going to be a lot smaller or is this a permanent thing?
That's a Gabba staffing question, not a Lions question unfortunately.
We budgeted for nearly 22k as of last week and nearly 25k turned up...

CoZi36

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Roar, Bolton Wanderers
That was a ticketing program we have recently launched to get more kids and families along to our games. They are more than welcome back and we have sent them and other schools around Brissie subsequent offers, but they won't be on the field again this year, no.

Can we at least get them in the top tier again being a cheer squad for the Lions at the other end of the ground (as they were last time)? It was amazing and blanked out the opposition cheer squad.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Lions Insider, every game for the last couple of years I have gone to the members bar and brought in a friend as a guest. The rule was if someone had an allocated seat they could come in as a guest with a member. At the game this weekend we were told of a change in policy, guests no longer allowed. This change was not communicated in advance in any way. 2 of my mates bought tickets with the express purpose of watching the game from there with my friend and i and they couldn't. The bar was emptier than normal btw. I am very disappointed this policy was changed with no advanced notice to members.

Loins_Insider, any chance of a comment on this or better yet a reversal of this policy change? Communication = 0

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Loins_Insider, any chance of a comment on this or better yet a reversal of this policy change? Communication = 0
Apologies, membership team told us they had a similar complaint they were dealing with, thought you may be the same person.

It was an inexperienced GABBA security guard who made this call, there is no change.

BrainOfMorbius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Loins_Insider

XSvEiht5eLeSI.gif

Back