Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions_Insider would it be possible to get Majestic to produces jumpers with the 2015/16 clash design with the current sponsors just in-case we get forced to wear a clash jumper in the Grand Final? Could realistically happen if we finish below the Eagles and verse them in the big one, would be a lot of controversy if we wore a Fitzroy or Bears design.
Why would it be controversial, it's all our heritage. We wear the Fitzroy colours every second week, there won't be significant numbers of people in Brisbane going into melts about it. I can't speak for the Roys, but they ought to accept the inverse situation too from the same logic. And that 2015-16 clash was clearly an homage to an old Fitzroy guernsey anyway.

Why would it be controversial, it's all our heritage. We wear the Fitzroy colours every second week, there won't be significant numbers of people in Brisbane going into melts about it. I can't speak for the Roys, but they ought to accept the inverse situation too from the same logic. And that 2015-16 clash was clearly an homage to an old Fitzroy guernsey anyway.
Personally I just have that gut feel it would be different in a grand final

Edit: It wouldn't bother me personally as someone who was very young when the merger happened.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lions_Insider would it be possible to get Majestic to produces jumpers with the 2015/16 clash design with the current sponsors just in-case we get forced to wear a clash jumper in the Grand Final? Could realistically happen if we finish below the Eagles and verse them in the big one, would be a lot of controversy if we wore a Fitzroy or Bears design.

We'll cross that bridge if we come to it, but no we won't be rolling out an old design. All our jumpers are produced pre-season to the year's fixture of jumpers.

Milpool

Cam Rayner Fanclub Jr. Vice President
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Does that go for the supporter jumpers too? Do the current ones for sale at the Gabba or lionshop have the Ned's logo? That Soow debacle must've been a logistical nightmare.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Hey LI

I love AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" being blasted out on the PA in the lead up into to first centre square bounce.

So much more earthy and inspiring than the tired old hackneyed, safe and over-used "We Will Rock You" that so many stadia fall back on.

And very apt as an intro for a game of Australian Rules Footy, them being an iconic Aussie band

Just wondering if it would be possible to have the Thunderstruck videoclip put up on the screens at the same time as the music comes over the PA?

That would be a blast.

Hey LI

I love AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" being blasted out on the PA in the lead up into to first centre square bounce.

So much more earthy and inspiring than the tired old hackneyed, safe and over-used "We Will Rock You" that so many stadia fall back on.

And very apt as an intro for a game of Australian Rules Footy, them being an iconic Aussie band

Just wondering if it would be possible to have the Thunderstruck videoclip put up on the screens at the same time as the music comes over the PA?

That would be a blast.
I was shocked and dismayed to see that the Bombers also use Thunderstruck in their pre-game gee up. It has taken the lustre off for me.

I did like it when we had Welcome to the Jungle. My inner hair metal bogan was extremely pleased.

Lion for Life

All Australian
Feb 14, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club,Chicago Bulls
Hi Lions_Insider,
I would just like to enquire on behalf of my uncle if holding a gold membership automatically entitles you to the benefits of a September membership in that you are first in line for a GF ticket? I was under the impression that no matter what level member you are you would still need to pay for the upgrade to enjoy the guaranteed GF ticket that comes with a September membership.
Cheers and thank you very much for contributing to this board, it means a lot to us members that we have a forum like this to discuss issues directly with the club

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Hi Lions_Insider,
I would just like to enquire on behalf of my uncle if holding a gold membership automatically entitles you to the benefits of a September membership in that you are first in line for a GF ticket? I was under the impression that no matter what level member you are you would still need to pay for the upgrade to enjoy the guaranteed GF ticket that comes with a September membership.
Cheers and thank you very much for contributing to this board, it means a lot to us members that we have a forum like this to discuss issues directly with the club

I’ve been a member since day dot and have to pay the $40 September member to guarantee access if that helps. Surprised if the answer is anything other than ‘no, he has to upgrade and become a September member’

Lion for Life

All Australian
Feb 14, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club,Chicago Bulls
Yeah, i was trying to explain this to him but he was adamant that he was already entitled as a gold member and didn’t need to pay for any upgrade, i thought it would be worth asking for some clarity on the issue

kylegee28

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would love to hear the whole Gabba belting out Covered in Chrome. I've got a funny feeling that would never happen though :think:

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Yeah, i was trying to explain this to him but he was adamant that he was already entitled as a gold member and didn’t need to pay for any upgrade, i thought it would be worth asking for some clarity on the issue

It’s been confirmed that the club won’t sell more SM upgrades than there are allocated tickets for members. So if the option is still there, which is mostly likely is, I’d tell him to pay the $40 and upgrade. Worst case is we don’t make it and he’s made a donation to the club ;) Best case is we make it and he doesn’t need to fret.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Don’t know the name of it, but that pop/quasi-rap song that plays as the players are introduced on the Gabba screens is kind of catchy.

As for a rev-up song, nothing beats Thunderstruck. Jungle is an excellent alt though.

Wide brim hats - preferably in Maroon or Blue with the Lions logo on the front
And to fit all head sizes.
Be bloody handy all year round in the tropical sun for all ages!!!

Wide brim hats - preferably in Maroon or Blue with the Lions logo on the front
And to fit all head sizes.
Be bloody handy all year round in the tropical sun for all ages!!!

This!!
Made from omnishade fabric with mesh panels to make it cooler and light weight enough so you can fold it up and stuff it in your pocket - like this one below.

I'd place a pre order for six.

Don’t know the name of it, but that pop/quasi-rap song that plays as the players are introduced on the Gabba screens is kind of catchy.
I can actually assist with this - I got it stuck in my head last season and it bugged me until someone here told me:

I'm a fan of Welcome To The Jungle - but I actually quite liked the drum instrumental and intro from Black Skinhead too.

Back