Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

The food options haven't changed in about 10 years i reckon
Yep. Most outlets are a choice between a dry hotdog, or a reheated meat pie, badly cooked hot chips, poorly cooked calamari and chips, or questionably bumpy chicken strips and chips. Yay. I don’t even bother anymore.

As for the security and their politeness, I had one rip into me this week because I had the audacity to stand in the wrong queue for my bag to be inspected, the only reason I chose it was because the line up was shorter and I could clearly see bags being looked into up ahead. When I asked if there was a sign that could have told me which queue was for bags, I got told to go away and get to the back. The next three people after me with bags? They got to cut into the front of the queue I had to go to the back of. What a lovely lady. I do hope that little power trip got her rocks off sufficiently.

Last edited:
Yes the food options are truly uninspiring and what is worse the supposed Prime seats in 18-20 only have access to the same old dry hotdog, 4&20 or cold chips that are available at the goal post end. We don't even get the calamari.
The little dumpling cart has been a bit of a godsend but I don't see them lasting as the GA opposition end ddin't seem interested in eating.

Lions_Insider hey LI, not sure who the security company is managed by. But to watch the reserves today, I went to the upper deck as one of my mates (who couldn't make it) sent me his ticket.

However, was told to vacate the area immediately as no one was allowed.

As soon as I came back down, they started letting people back in. Is there some rule the security guard was following? He was pretty rude too.
Yeah, upstairs shouldn't have been open to anyone. We had more fans than usual to a NEAFL game but only lower level access should have been available.

Had a feedback survey sent to me about attending a game from a few weeks ago, didn't bother answering it but after the weekends experience I did. Gave lots of feedback on the food and beverage options and service. Won't expect to ever see a change but at least I've had a good vent.

Hi LI, I just wanted to pass my praise and thanks to those responsible for the hugely entertaining player announcement videos you've been doing before the games this year and last. Really endearing way to allow the players to show a bit of their personality to supporters. Hope to see more next year!

Lions_Insider while the standard catering on Gameday has been well covered and I echo sentiments, I thought I'd share a bit of positive feedback on my experience in the Premiership Suite.

I put forward a request for my dietary requirements with the expectation I may get some chips at most (which I was fine with given how awesome the prize was) given vegan food and football don't go hand in hand. The catering team were incredibly accommodating was absolutely blown away with the variety of food brought out. Very grateful for Erin at the club to have put in the request and for the catering team to go out of their way to ensure I had a great variety of options.

.the overall experience in the Premiership Suite was fantastic. The staff were great, the environment was special (sitting next to the 2003 Premiership cup with my Collingwood supporting mate who tagged along was something sweet!) And the pre game address by David Noble was something all fans of football could appreciate and gave the suite a strong feeling of exclusivity.

For all fans wondering if the Premiership Suite is worth the price tag - I'd say with certainty it is. While it isn't something I'd do often as I love he environment in the stands, it is the perfect way to spend a birthday or event and a day you will thoroughly enjoy (in particular with Brisbane smashing the Suns!)

Lions_Insider, can the Brisbane Lions club song be played at least twice instead of just once after the final siren, it allows more of a celebration of a win. When you see broadcast from the MCG and Marvel, the club songs get played up to about four times after the final siren.

EDIT: For the final series, can the Holy Grail be played in the lead up to the game too, perhaps after the Lions players team line up? It could be a nice touch this weekend too.

Lions_Insider, can the Brisbane Lions club song be played at least twice instead of just once after the final siren, it allows more of a celebration of a win. When you see broadcast from the MCG and Marvel, the club songs get played up to about four times after the final siren.

EDIT: For the final series, can the Holy Grail be played in the lead up to the game too, perhaps after the Lions players team line up? It could be a nice touch this weekend too.

The theme was played twice fyi. First before the speech then following.

Thought the same thing, they're pretty much just the Roar Deal with the very odd interview.

Would be great if it could be kept up to date given its nigh on impossible for even the most hardcore Lions fan, which most of us all are on here, can listen or know about all interviews, despite wanting to listen to them all.
Couldn’t agree more. Was really good for a while now it’s non existent. I spend half am hour a day scouring all the pod cast and radio stations all over oz to find them. Pretty frustrating really

The radio interviews? We haven't had many in the past week or two, to be honest.
Yep that’s it. There wasn’t anything at all on audioBoom for weeks. There definitely hasn’t been as. Any of late but would still love to see put up,for the fans instead of having to search every radio stations pods for the.

Couldn’t agree more. Was really good for a while now it’s non existent. I spend half am hour a day scouring all the pod cast and radio stations all over oz to find them. Pretty frustrating really

Jason pm us all over this usually. How about he’s made a moderator and chasing down interviews becomes his thing

FFS surely there’s time in the day to eat before or after the game, can’t youse go a couple of hours without filling your bellies?

Or take your own food.

Wish I could take my own beer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep that’s it. There wasn’t anything at all on audioBoom for weeks. There definitely hasn’t been as. Any of late but would still love to see put up,for the fans instead of having to search every radio stations pods for the.
he Rush Hour with Dobbo is good value. Has a lion's player on most weeks.

You can take your own food? Seriously, I’ve been over paying for garbage for all these years (not really, only since I’ve been taking the kids). But you can take your own food?

You can take your own food? Seriously, I’ve been over paying for garbage for all these years (not really, only since I’ve been taking the kids). But you can take your own food?
Yes.

Sandwiches, home made burger, carrots and dip. Anything prepared at home.

Can’t take in MacDonalds, etc.

I almost always take my own food. And when I don't, I'm getting a lovely meal from Zio Mario's up the road (recommended!).

melbournefans.jpg
WbgkusG.jpg

Hi, can you please confirm finals tickets purchasing policy? Family members are keen to book tickets and accommodation now as they have faith in us winning the flag. I have vaguely heard of members going into ballots so am seeking clarity prior to committing $$$$, so...

Do all members get the right to purchase a ticket to home finals prior to them going on sale to the public? or
Does it vary with platinum/gold/silver/general/three game/Melbourne membership status.

Same two questions above for away finals

Do September members get to purchase a grand final ticket no matter what once we are confirmed as participating in the grand final?
Do non-September members have any way to get priority access to grand final tickets?.

Thanks you.

Hi, can you please confirm finals tickets purchasing policy? Family members are keen to book tickets and accommodation now as they have faith in us winning the flag. I have vaguely heard of members going into ballots so am seeking clarity prior to committing $$$$, so...

Do all members get the right to purchase a ticket to home finals prior to them going on sale to the public? or
Does it vary with platinum/gold/silver/general/three game/Melbourne membership status.

Same two questions above for away finals

Do September members get to purchase a grand final ticket no matter what once we are confirmed as participating in the grand final?
Do non-September members have any way to get priority access to grand final tickets?.

Thanks you.
This thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2019-finals-faq.1225500/
And this page: https://www.lions.com.au/news/2019-08-09/finals-faqs-

Will help. Depending on your membership type you can possibly go into one of two buckets for QF/SF/PF tickets and one of three buckets for GF tickets.

AFL take over the running of match days on Finals, but we will try to keep it as Brisbane as possible.

Hi LI,

Who won the hat design competition? Looked for news on the Club site and couldn't see anything.....comp ended yesterday if memory serves......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back