Official Club Stuff Ask Lions_Insider!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Lions_Insider, I'd like to see the Lion's collaborate with the Bronco's (34,681 Members) & both offer their Members an option for a "Special 3 game Reciprocal Membership" add on, with a cap &/or scarf thrown in. I reckon it would instantly attract at least an extra 1000 new members our way next year, with the chance to even swing some into becoming Full Members down the track. It would be a positive for both Clubs initially & the upside would be greater for the Lions in the short to medium term at least. I'd buy one & take the kids to three Bronco's games during the year when the Lions played interstate & game days did not clash. I reckon plenty of Bronco's Members would do the same. What do you think?
Cheers

edit*
*PS: you're welcome to pm me about the implementation of some other ripper marketing strategies I have to maximise next season's Membership numbers. With a proven successful marketing background, I could do with picking up one more part time gig.

Last edited:

Hi Lions_Insider ,

Do you know if members will have the ability to purchase their home and away seats for any home finals? I know we could 10 years ago but believe things have changed.

Thanks in advance.
With AFL taking over ticketing for finals, existing seats will have no impact on finals tickets.

With AFL taking over ticketing for finals, existing seats will have no impact on finals tickets.

I figured that was probably the case. It's a shame as most of the people in my section have been through the hard times together so it would have been awesome to experience it together but alas a small, irrelevant issue considering we've made finals and will get to experience it nonetheless! :)

Appreciate the fast response.

This is a big shame. I know it’s not the clubs fault but I think the AFL underestimates the family type connections that build in membership sections over 10 years of disappointing losses. It really sucks not being able to experience finals magic with your “extended family” in your membership section.

A lot of people in my section were disappointed about this last night. It felt really weird to do the “see you next season” stuff yesterday knowing we have home finals to come.

Oh a question...

Can the club please continue to lobby the AFL about how disappointed this makes fans?

There is no reason the AFL can’t take over finals ticketing while still respecting membership rights. A 24 hour window of access to your own seats would be easily achievable if the AFL cared enough to do some basic problem solving.

This is a big shame. I know it’s not the clubs fault but I think the AFL underestimates the family type connections that build in membership sections over 10 years of disappointing losses. It really sucks not being able to experience finals magic with your “extended family” in your membership section.

A lot of people in my section were disappointed about this last night. It felt really weird to do the “see you next season” stuff yesterday knowing we have home finals to come.

Oh a question...

Can the club please continue to lobby the AFL about how disappointed this makes fans?

There is no reason the AFL can’t take over finals ticketing while still respecting membership rights. A 24 hour period of access to your own seats would be easily achievable if the AFL cares enough.

Yeah I only realised after I'd left the stadium that I wouldn't get to see anyone in my section again until next year.

Bit sad as the majority of the people in my section are rusted on, 20+ year supporters and it would have been really special to see them experience a final again as I wasn't a member last time we were playing finals.

Not the club's fault but I'd love the opportunity to echo that feedback formally if the club pushed it.

So what happens?

Is it first in best dressed and if not, how are seats allocated?

Is there an "official" AFL policy on the matter?

It makes me sad that having been a fully paid up member of the club continuously since 1995, that I may be at the mercy of the AFL as to what seat (if any) I can get to see my beloved Lions at long last participate in another Finals campaign. :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Verandah stays.
Mates place stays but with AFL-approved branding.
Obviously we know that we'll have to buy a ticket to any home final we play in but will a September membership be enough to get into the mates place? Or will we specifically need to buy a ticket in there? Or will it become open just like every other standing area in the country?

Obviously we know that we'll have to buy a ticket to any home final we play in but will a September membership be enough to get into the mates place? Or will we specifically need to buy a ticket in there? Or will it become open just like every other standing area in the country?
Pretty sure it’s not your usual standing area. You needed to buy a ticket for that area much like all reserved seating areas in the country

Pretty sure it’s not your usual standing area. You needed to buy a ticket for that area much like all reserved seating areas in the country
I am aware. I'm just hoping the AFL uses common sense and allows at least one open standing area as finals matches are under their control (It was also an open area last season)

Lions_Insider - I know you care getting bombarded ATM but I just wanted to ask this in preparation for Monday morning. I haven't had to buy finals tickets as a member before. I have read the infograph you sent out, which was great.

In it's purest form, do we get sent a priority link to purchase as members during a member priority time? do we then follow the link and and enter barcodes and select tickets?

Lions_Insider - I know you care getting bombarded ATM but I just wanted to ask this in preparation for Monday morning. I haven't had to buy finals tickets as a member before. I have read the infograph you sent out, which was great.

In it's purest form, do we get sent a priority link to purchase as members during a member priority time? do we then follow the link and and enter barcodes and select tickets?

For what its work LITS, thats how I read it, email will be sent, click on the link, and follow the prompts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Basically this.
  1. Priority can buy tickets, calculated by entering membership barcode, for a set window.
  2. Non-priority can then buy tickets left over.

So what happens?

Is it first in best dressed and if not, how are seats allocated?

Is there an "official" AFL policy on the matter?

It makes me sad that having been a fully paid up member of the club continuously since 1995, that I may be at the mercy of the AFL as to what seat (if any) I can get to see my beloved Lions at long last participate in another Finals campaign. :huh:

You'll get an email today explaining how to purchase.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back