Mod. Notice Ask not what your board can do for you, but what you can do for your board.

Remove this Banner Ad

shawthing09

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
We are in the midst of working out some regular threads / features for the board this year. As these are your boards we are looking to see who is willing to help out with some of the ideas. In some cases there will be very little help needed as people who have done them will continue to do so, but it would still be worth knowing who is interested in covering these threads for the times where the poster who generally runs them is missing. In other cases we will be after a few posters to be responsible for the idea completely.

We are likely to create a user group for people who are wanting to help out and volunteer in these threads so you have a place to discuss things.

Match preview- We are lucky to have Dave86 doing the best previews on bigfooty again this year. We don't need much help in this area but if your interested in helping out and giving dave86 a chop out incase he is unable to do one put your name down below.

Match review - Quicky did this last year but will be unable to do so this year. If someone wants to take responsibility for it on a weekly basis let us know, also if your don't want to do it weekly but want to be part of a rotating team let us know and we will work something out.

VFL Preview, discussion and review - This is where we need the most help IMO. Anyone who goes to the VFL a bit let us know here, hopefully we can organise enough posters that we get some feedback from someone at the game everyweek. This is one where we really need more people to take part so if you do think your going to go to the VFL a bit this year please let us know and help us out whenever you can.

BF poster of the year - Bushpie does a great job with this and is going around again, I don't think he needs much help in this regard. One thing we are looking at doing is getting the votes submitted monthly to increase the amount of voters and the awareness of the award.

BF Poster team of the week - Optimax did a great job with this a couple of years ago and it is something that I think may help to keep posters thinking of who they will vote for in the poster of the year. What we will need is a mock selection comitee to decide the team of the week each week.

Bigfooty board voted player of the year - Robertg22 does a fantastic job with this and is continuing, again it would be nice to know if anyone is interested to give him a hand incase there are weeks he is unable to do it.

The goal kicking game - As far as I know Dthomas is happy to handle this one again.

The banner thread - A great idea that came from our search for new threads. Each week posters will post there idea for a funny / witty banner. All it really needs is someone to be responsible for starting it each week.

Time capsule thread - Will allow people to have a quick look and week to week summary of the way the year went. Half back flank has kindly volunteered to do this but anyone willing to give him a hand would be welcome.

I am bang up for doing match reviews this year.

I did a bunch of them a couple of years ago, but mostly, I want some of that sweet adoration that DaVe86 gets.

I think I should be handed the keys though.

Just like the boys, there seems to be no easing up in the pre season and we are going harder than ever on the boards getting ready for 2011. I have a peek at the other clubs boards whenever tragedy hits their club and we must have one of the best organised boards going around. :thumbsu:

Would not be much help myself being o/s but a big thanks in advance for those that will contribute and I wonder if we will do any of this for the NAB?

BF poster of the year - Bushpie does a great job with this and is going around again, I don't think he needs much help in this regard. One thing we are looking at doing is getting the votes submitted monthly to increase the amount of voters and the awareness of the award.

BF Poster team of the week - Optimax did a great job with this a couple of years ago and it is something that I think may help to keep posters thinking of who they will vote for in the poster of the year. What we will need is a mock selection comitee to decide the team of the week each week.

I can't entirely remember The Poster of the year award... I had about a thousand drinks and I was supposed to do some interview thing for the Footy Show at the night but all I remember is waking up in someones room at The Crown while someone was in the shower. I obviously high tailed out of there quick smart. Seriously good night by all reports.

As for team of the week... The water bottles have all been replaced after the Grand Final celebrations when you guys decided on filing the old ones with Stones Mac. I'll be ready to carry the bottles again this year.

I can't entirely remember The Poster of the year award... I had about a thousand drinks and I was supposed to do some interview thing for the Footy Show at the night but all I remember is waking up in someones room at The Crown while someone was in the shower. I obviously high tailed out of there quick smart. Seriously good night by all reports.

Did you remember store the photos on your computer Sam Gilbert?

I am bang up for doing match reviews this year.

I did a bunch of them a couple of years ago, but mostly, I want some of that sweet adoration that DaVe86 gets.

I think I should be handed the keys though.

Oh so its GAME ON in 2011 :) Let the Posts begin ..........

Just remember who counts the votes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:D

As for team of the week... The water bottles have all been replaced after the Grand Final celebrations when you guys decided on filing the old ones with Stones Mac. I'll be ready to carry the bottles again this year.

Hmmmmm yes I had wondered what you had put in my drinks...... I woke up in Hawaii with Taylor Swift singing "You Belong With Me"....... the board Awards are truly an amazing show:p

I've moved into the city and consequently plan on attending a fair few VFL games, chances are i won't get to more than half of those i plan on attending, but if i do i will try put up a report/take some pics

happy to help organise any of the other things, vote counting, etc
just let me know if needed

Thanks you for your offers. I have to say it's genuinely exciting that we have had such a good response for people planning on checking out the VFL and report back.

I am equally excited that VV has put his hand up to do the reviews could not have had a better candidate IMO.

Another thing I forgot to mention was training reports, we have had fantastic write ups from Jelly Bean and Pissi over the pre-season but obviously with people returning to work and school that may change. It's pretty hard but if you are someone who gets to training a bit please let us know and just post a quick summary here if you get a chance.

I will be in Europe in June so there will be a 4 week period where someone may have to do the match previews. Otherwise I'm good for the rest of the year.

Also, I've been saying it for a while but I still intend to go to training on Monday's and Wednesday's. Pissi seems to have the training reports under control but I'm still happy to do a few reports of what I'm seeing as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back