Assad's Genocide in Ghouta

Remove this Banner Ad

Absurdity is questioning a dictator's motives

Bashar al-Assad is bad. He has been murdering his own people for more than six years now. Before that, his father did the same. And not once in the decades the Assad family has held power in Syria did it need "justification" for its crimes against humanity.

Assad knows, six years in, that the entire international community isn't willing to take concrete steps resulting in his removal. And that is why it is completely ridiculous to even entertain questions like: "Why would the regime do this?"; "Why would the regime use chemical weapons?"

Dictators kill because they can. They use chemical weapons because they are simply another tool at their disposal. It is not surprising that a regime which has dropped countless barrel bombs on its own people and invited occupiers into its country would use chemical weapons, and it is quite absurd that Syrians who have had to physically and ideologically fight Assad, Russia, Iran, ISIL and al-Qaeda all at once are constantly called upon to combat the narratives of these "woke naysayers" when their bigger concern is surviving whatever the regime and its allies throw at them next.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2017/04/assad-chemical-attack-rebels-170420094244949.html
Was it Novi chok?
I think we should wait until we hear from Boris

Thank ISIS
Thank the CIA for funding, training and supplying weapons to ISIS (a fact)
Thank MI6
Thank Mossad
Don’t forget that it is a known fact that the first red line chemical attack that occurred when Obama was POTUS was proven to be carried out by ISIS backed rebels
Your shillary is not welcome here!

Thank ISIS
Thank the CIA for funding, training and supplying weapons to ISIS (a fact)
Thank MI6
Thank Mossad
Don’t forget that it is a known fact that the first red line chemical attack that occurred when Obama was POTUS was proven to be carried out by ISIS backed rebels
Your shillary is not welcome here!

ISIS is the bastard child of your beloved genocidal Assad terrorist, everyone knows that.

Assad Henchman: Here’s How We Built ISIS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ScreenHunter-566-1.jpg

Captured in east ghouta by the government days before the attack, weaponised German chlorine.
Also apparently captured were British, us and Israeli operatives.
https://www.veteranstoday.com/2018/...lton-behind-syria-chemical-attacks-confirmed/

A few words from Palestinian writer-activist Iyad el-Baghdadi for the self-appointed Western "Syria experts" who support the fascist mass murdering Chemical Assad.

Last edited:
A few words from Palestinian writer-activist Iyad el-Baghdadi for the self-appointed Western "Syria experts" who support the fascist mass murdering Chemical Assad.

Powerful stuff from Iyad but pointless aiming his barbs at Westerners on Twitter. The supporters of Assad are within Syria. The ethnic minorities who fear at worst: death for the men and sexual slavery for the women or least: displacement and brutality by a Sunni majority with a long regional history of theocratic imperialism and not respecting minority rights.

Iyad has his own privilege, that of a UAE based Sunni, something that regionally is far more relevant to the civil war in Syria.

I sympathise with him dealing with nincompoops on Twitter but it has nothing to do with the sources of conflict.

Funny how every time the terrorists are losing a chemical attack supposedly occurs & the U.S threatens reprisals.....What exactly is Assad & Syria supposedly to gain by gassing people when victory is in sight?.....Are the U.S admitting they're on the Terrorists side after all?....LOL

This is getting oh so terribly predictable & boring.

We all know who the mass-murderers are....The U.S/NATO, Israel & Saudi Arabia.....And they have been since 2001 onward. And are looking for any excuse to continue on with it in Syria, until they get what they want.....It's land, it's oil, mass depopulation & access into Europe.

As if the mass extermination going on in Yemen isn't bad enough.....Pure greed & lust for power with zero concern for humanity.....Corporate capitalism to a tee & Fascism by any other name.

John is just here spruiking for propaganda points.....Don't expect any comprehension on his behalf for regional intricacies....Facts just muddy the waters.
Even though it's a bit spammy, he's keeping the thread ticking over with new sources and new angles to argue about. I don't mind it. I particularly enjoyed the anti-imperialist defenders of Ghouta post, that was really a new angle.

What chance out of 10 would you give Assad using chemical weapons to clear out the suburbs of Ghouta? I'm very skeptical considering the state of the war but I would still give it an 8/10. Trump said they're pulling out but they were out of options in lower Syria anyway.

Even though it's a bit spammy, he's keeping the thread ticking over with new sources and new angles to argue about. I don't mind it. I particularly enjoyed the anti-imperialist defenders of Ghouta post, that was really a new angle.

What chance out of 10 would you give Assad using chemical weapons to clear out the suburbs of Ghouta? I'm very skeptical considering the state of the war but I would still give it an 8/10. Trump said they're pulling out but they were out of options in lower Syria anyway.
I'd say 2 out of ten and it would be rogue elements in the army , not ordered from above. What out of ten would you say the chance would be that jaish al Islam may have done this, hoping to bring down the rage promised by Nikki Haley only weeks earlier?

I'd say 2 out of ten and it would be rogue elements in the army , not ordered from above. What out of ten would you say the chance would be that jaish al Islam may have done this, hoping to bring down the rage promised by Nikki Haley only weeks earlier?
I suppose it's a chance but it's a super high risk strategy when Trump has already shown he's not interested in using US troops as anything other than intel, training and air targeting. There would need to be a major US ground force to tip the balance of the war, air strikes at this stage are just about show as the various southern rebel groups don't have anywhere near the strength to go on the offensive. As far as I understand it, the US has long given up on overthrowing Assad and are holding parts of Kurdish Syria as a bargaining chip for peace talks.

It's a sectarian war, never underestimate the centuries old hatreds and fears this war has brought to the surface and in the overall scheme of civilian casualties attributed to Assad's forces from the war, this is pretty minor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back