WikiLeaks Assange

Remove this Banner Ad

So you're saying the FBI is providing Assange with the leaks?

I'd suggest that given the leaks are exposing many dirty secrets of US agencies the FBI would be doing their best to avoid leaks (let alone the CIA which has clear rules relating to not spying on their own citizens).

Given the last election was pretty well Trump/F.B.I vs Hilary/C.I.A....I'd say it's an open secret.

Anything anti U.S, is only pro Russian, if one buys into the dialectical Neo-McCarthyite spin....A C.I.A red-herring if ever there was one.

There's also the NSA to consider....These are nothing other than deep-state turf-wars....And it's getting very dirty due to high stakes.

He's releasing information gathered by Russian hackers that further Russia's political interests.

Do you have an alternate opinion that you're able to express in any form resembling a civil discussion?
First of all there is no credible evidence that the Russians provided Wikileaks anything.

On the contrary, the evidence strongly points to a disgruntled DNC employee.

The first version is based on the CIA/FBI who are patently at war with Trump. A number of aspects of this version are considered dubious at best: the timing of the release of this information was months after it supposedly ocurred. The server itself was never inspected. And yesterday we discovered from Wikileaks that there is capability to leave false finger prints.

There are a heap of more reasons to believe this is a totally fake story. Not least in the garbled way it came to become public.

On the other hand, Assange has as strongly as possible - given Wikileaks prime directive to protect sources - categorically ruled out a state players. Further, whatever you might think of Wikileaks it's record for veracity is unquestioned - not even a single suggestion that the information they provide is ever in anyway false.
And finally,although the MSM have not reported it - a retired British ambassador has gone on the record that he acted as an intermediary and received the data from a disgruntled Sanders supporter.

Could the Russians still be involved? sure! but given the heightened emotions and what is at stake here - the Russians are as likely to be involved as the Albanians or Australians.

The long history of CIA mendacity does not stand up against Assange for even a moment. Assange has nothing but Wikileaks reputation. He guards it better than his own children.

You mean continuing to release information that is harmful to the anti-Russian US interests and supportive of pro-Russian US interests?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/mar/07/wikileaks-cia-documents-us-russia-conflict
You are echoing the line of defense/attack emanating from the US intelligence community.
Unfortunately, this is sadly all too commonly accepted as fact.

The very purpose of intelligence is to protect its citizens by informing the political arm - the elected officials of the intelligence who decide what action is in the best interests of the countries citizens.

This technology is new and very powerful and thus demands a public debate to establish appropriAte protocols and safeguards against and for its use.

Clearly, Assange obtained this from US personnel who have the very same concerns. They have chosen to risk their very lives with no possibility of personal gain to inform the public.

What repeatedly floors me is how many westerners will become enraged at any slight against anyone regarding their identity.

But facing the very cause of real harm and evil which enslaves and impoverishes so many throughout the world - you fall in line like an obedient dog.

This abuse of power by US intelligence which informs directs enables and instigates wars, regime change and economic ruination - this is enabled by secrecy. It is extra-judicial and a law unto itself.

I get the reluctance to condemn, the power of their authority supported by MSM is not to be denied. But it costs you nothing to question it. There are lots of historical instances which prove the mendacity and ill intent of the IC.

You don't have to totally dismiss them but to sprout their every word as gospel is simply not an adult response of your own volition.

First of all there is no credible evidence that the Russians provided Wikileaks anything.

oh please, lol. someone call the asymmetrical scepticism police :D

if the dossier had been compiled against somebody other than trump, you partisan hacks would be falling all over yourselves championing the ironclad evidence contained therein. especially after sources turned up dead. christ, we'd never hear the end of it haha. in this instance though- nothing to see here! :drunk:

So you're saying the FBI is providing Assange with the leaks?

I'd suggest that given the leaks are exposing many dirty secrets of US agencies the FBI would be doing their best to avoid leaks (let alone the CIA which has clear rules relating to not spying on their own citizens).
the leaks are misdirection.

Why focus on a South Korean firm? They are not leaking secrets to hit someone like apple. *

oh please, lol. someone call the asymmetrical scepticism police :D

if the dossier had been compiled against somebody other than trump, you partisan hacks would be falling all over yourselves championing the ironclad evidence contained therein. especially after sources turned up dead. christ, we'd never hear the end of it haha. in this instance though- nothing to see here! :drunk:
Maybe if it didn't have the urinating
But given that it did - it was clearly designed to be a joke.

Maybe if it didn't have the urinating
But given that it did - it was clearly designed to be a joke.

really? i thought that was one of the less contentious parts haha. i mean, who hasn't done dodgy s**t in the bedroom? and i think we can all agree that the donald would've had more than his fair share of dodge.

really? i thought that was one of the less contentious parts haha. i mean, who hasn't done dodgy s**t in the bedroom? and i think we can all agree that the donald would've had more than his fair share of dodge.
And s**t!!!!

foucalt auditioning for kraftwerk innit

i would pay to sit down for a cup of tea with suelette dreyfus about JA. she may know him better that any of the cats like Manne putting the books out on him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_World

I listen to Kraftwerk all the time - they have been my constant companion for 35 years - and the Go Betweens

er. and aren't we all frightened of the secret bomb of internet information?

the dude is a master of the information revolution.

I always suspected that nothing was safe but no-one believed me and now I am gratified that it tells me that I am
not as glittering as I always led people to believe.... ;)

Vice President Pence on Thursday vowed that the Trump administration would "use the full force of the law" to go after those involved in WikiLeaks' latest document dump if the materials they released are shown to be valid CIA documents.

"Trafficking in national security information, as is alleged WikiLeaks has done here, is a very serious offense," Pence said during an interview on Fox News's "Special Report."

"It represents a compromise of the security of the American people," he said.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/323315-pence-sharing-intel-a-very-serious-offense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah....How dare he unmask the farcical pretense that is U.S democracy....Layer by layer.

What a rogue.

Doing the job most of the 4th estate has completely reneged upon these past 75 years or so.

Journalism: Bought-out, sold-out, infiltrated, homogenized, sanitized & gutted.

Yeah....How dare he unmask the farcical pretense that is U.S democracy....Layer by layer.

What a rogue.

Doing the job most of the 4th estate has completely reneged upon these past 75 years or so.

fourth estate always been gatekeepers

What a rogue.

That statement by Pence shows who has the power in the USA... the government once again on its knees to the CIA.
The CIA job is to protect Capitalism and nothing else.

That statement by Pence shows who has the power in the USA... the government once again on its knees to the CIA.
The CIA job is to protect Capitalism and nothing else.
once in the CIA, always in the CIA.

who is that talking head pundit? Baer? what a wanker, and that is why i luv FigBooty, Chief, he of unmatched wisdom does not sensor wanker in the swear filter. It should have been word of the year in the Macquarie Dictionary ten years running

The CIA's job is to protect Capitalism and nothing else.

The interests of it's Robber Barons, I think you mean to say.

True Capitalism entails an unregulated free-market....Not a system where the dice are loaded for corporate crooks.

The interests of it's Robber Barons, I think you mean to say.

True Capitalism entails an unregulated free-market....Not a system where the dice are loaded for corporate crooks.

True capitalism can never exist because it will always end up as a ponzi scheme... the robber barons don't want to loose thier spot on the ladder.
Unregulated will always lead to what we have now.... it's human nature to want more... so those with capital will always have more power than those with out.

True capitalism can never exist because it will always end up as a ponzi scheme... the robber barons don't want to loose thier spot on the ladder.
Unregulated will always lead to what we have now.... it's human nature to want more... so those with capital will always have more power than those with out.

It's morphing into a corporate fascism is not necessarily a fait accompli....That, of necessity, requires collusion & corruption of the government via it's control of ethical regulations, Through congress, the electoral system, the military defenses & the Branches of Law enforcement....All of which has now happened in contemporary U.S.A....And control of the money-making system - outside the govts hands, through the Federal reserve - is what makes that all possible.

It's morphing into a corporate fascism is not necessarily a fait accompli....That, of necessity, requires collusion & corruption of the government via it's control of ethical regulations, Through congress, the electoral system, the military defenses & the Branches of Law enforcement....All of which has now happened in contemporary U.S.A....And control of the money-making system - outside the govts hands, through the Federal reserve - is what makes that all possible.

yVT97SL63LzIwE63Bb6szfdkAJReSYlBKQnHjkJsSbo.jpg

And control of the money-making system - outside the govts hands, through the Federal reserve - is what makes that all possible.

monetary policy is controlled by the board of governors- an independent government authority appointed by the president and confirmed by the senate. the board has majority votes on the FOMC. the fed's "profits" are returned to treasury. it's audited by the GAO.

sheldon wolin, inverted totalitarianism https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/alerts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back