Multiplat Assassin's Creed Mirage - October 5th, 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

As a long-term AC fan that has had Valhalla there since release but hasn't played because the size is just overwhelming, this sounds like a good move. I'm just done with the "more is more" approach to open worlds.

Is it the same team that made Odyssey? Or the one that made Valhalla?

Hopefully the former.

Still can't believe they can't just give us a sequel to Black Flag, or at least a spiritual successor. It's probably the one game everyone wants Ubisoft to make. And no, a soulless co-op game like Skull and Bones doesn't count.

Still, will check this out if it's try they simplified it.

Still think Origins was the best, the Egyptian location looked gorgeous and the gameplay was solid.
Origins is probably my favourite AC too. Good setting, I liked Bayek as the protagonist and it had one of the biggest gut punches in gaming!

Everytime they announce a new AC age period / setting...

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

...then after a dozen gameplay hours I realise it's the same s**t all over again. Until that next sexy location announcement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we finally got a confirmation of the Japan game.

Not sure what the Hexe reveal was, too vague on first look, all I can think of is Witches/curses and Britain/Wales/Ireland, but that can't be right because it's too close to Valhalla's setting. Maybe Germany, or Romania.

Is it the same team that made Odyssey? Or the one that made Valhalla?

Hopefully the former.

Still can't believe they can't just give us a sequel to Black Flag, or at least a spiritual successor. It's probably the one game everyone wants Ubisoft to make. And no, a soulless co-op game like Skull and Bones doesn't count.

Still, will check this out if it's try they simplified it.
Actually playing Black Flag now. Looks good on the series and it's hasn't even been remastered.

Really decent price.

Keep in mind it was originally supposed to be DLC for Valhalla, not a stand alone game. It will be a lot more streamlined.

They said the Japanese one will be huge RPG like the last few have and it's being developed by the Odyssey team.

Ubisoft like to show their cards often don't they. Stark contrast to say Rockstar or CD Projekt who use the less is more approach to marketing new games.

Christ, it's looking like 3 major AC titles in the space of about 4 years again. Mirage 2023, Japan 24/25 and Hexe 26/27

For all that I've enjoyed the last three games, AC is clearly meant to be an urban game. And also with regards to the last three games, the protagonists have hardly been what you would call 'assassins'. Well, at least not the way I've played them anyway.

For all that I've enjoyed the last three games, AC is clearly meant to be an urban game. And also with regards to the last three games, the protagonists have hardly been what you would call 'assassins'. Well, at least not the way I've played them anyway.

The exact meaning of assassin is only to murder for political or religious reasons so they all fit the definition.

The exact meaning of assassin is only to murder for political or religious reasons so they all fit the definition.
No doubt you could call some of their killings 'assassinations', but not the vast majority which were more along the lines of wiping out entire villages or fortresses.

I mean, you could argue Bayek was an assassin. Hell, Kassandra was as well when you separate her storyline taking out the cult and the rest of the game.

They definitely weren't assassins the same way Ezio et al were though, were they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back