Multiplat Assassins Creed Odyssey

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't know about this just yet. I haven't played Origins so can't judge on the link it has with it if any but with the RPG elements and the whole Spartan thing it looks like its Assassins Creed in name only, looks like Ubisoft are moving in a direction in which the franchise wasn't intended for. But just like most games this gen RPG elements and customization is part and parcel. Just don't know if it fits the Assassins Creed lore. To me Assassins Creed is Templers V Assassins. Guess we have to wait and see. In the meantime I should really get moving on playing Origins.

Looks fabulous through.

Go play Origins by the far the best AC game.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
I still don’t get why the need for RPG element apart from just for the sake of it going with the modern trend that the gaming market is demanding it this current gen. I mean isn’t the idea of assassins creed reliving past genetic memories? how does having choices fit in to that? Because it’s not time travel we’re not changing history. Or is the animus and the modern stuff being scrapped for this one?

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I still don’t get why the need for RPG element apart from just for the sake of it going with the modern trend that the gaming market is demanding it this current gen. I mean isn’t the idea of assassins creed reliving past genetic memories? how does having choices fit in to that? Because it’s not time travel we’re not changing history. Or is the animus and the modern stuff being scrapped for this one?

Most of the games you've been able to make choices anyway which isn't changing history. Previously you could choose to do a full sync for a mission or you had multiple ways to assassinate a target. Whatever you chose is what happened and it'll be the same for dialogue.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

I spent stuff all time with the Animus and the present day it in Origins i think it's now just an option for people who like it.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Birth of the Templars, I like it! Going by the developers talking in the videos there will be more about the Isu too which is cool.
I agree, but it feels like this story should have been told before Origins tbh

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Most of the games you've been able to make choices anyway which isn't changing history. Previously you could choose to do a full sync for a mission or you had multiple ways to assassinate a target. Whatever you chose is what happened and it'll be the same for dialogue.

True I guess but the end result was always the some. I just hope they don't divert to far from what Assassins creed really is. like I said in a previous post the game looks fabulous and i'm still looking forward to playing it.

Last edited:
Only ever played the very first one and recently finished Origins. I loved Origins and if this is similar i will 100% be getting it.

Defo go back and play the Ezio trilogy. Easily the best character and AC2 and Brotherhood are the best AC games.

I do own 2 and 3 but never got around to playing it. Is it different to one? I played 3/4's of it and got pretty bored.

Much different. I refuse to play 1 again. 2 and Brotherhood I have replayed on multiple occasions.

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1 got me hooked even though it was a bit repetitive. Enjoyed Ezio's story, but Black Flag was the most enjoyable. 3 was the least enjoyable

1 was great at the time, the mechanics are just very dated so it's hard to go back to.
Ezio collection still holds up.
3 was just a pile of s**t.
4 was good, but more Pirate's Creed than Assassin's.
Unity I didn't mind gameplay and story wise, but had probably the worst protagonist (slightly worse than Connor).
Syndicate was pretty good, but more of the same really.
Origins was great.

My order would be Origins, Brotherhood, 2, 4, Syndicate, Revelations, 1, Unity, 3.

Charliebrow 16

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Federer, Birmingham FC
I haven’t even played Syndicate or Origins yet. I decided to platinum every game in the series including Liberation and Chronicles about a year back in amongst other games, I’m halfway through Rogue now. Looking forward to eventually diving into the new entries.

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I haven’t even played Syndicate or Origins yet. I decided to platinum every game in the series including Liberation and Chronicles about a year back in amongst other games, I’m halfway through Rogue now. Looking forward to eventually diving into the new entries.

giphy.gif

Back