Multiplat Assassins Creed Odyssey

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I'd say the Viking one (if they do one) will be after the last game in the trilogy. You can't do Ancient Greece and Egypt as part 1 and 2 of a trilogy and then skip ahead 1000 years for the 3rd game.

This is the reasoning I am using too, however these rumours are about the AC game releasing in 2020. Since there will be no new AC game this year as they will be supporting Odyssey right through 2019 with DLC this Viking game would be the third game of the trilogy. Rome made sense, this doesn't. Schreier has been over this one for a little while now and in this instance I hope he is finally wrong with his early AC mail.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/04/o...spills-the-beans-on-the-next-assassins-creed/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be surprised if they haven't thought of it, we've had modern stuff as is. I just don't think it would work as a whole game, part of the charm of AC games is the history element.

I'd be surprised if they haven't thought of it, we've had modern stuff as is. I just don't think it would work as a whole game, part of the charm of AC games is the history element.
Agree with this.

I think AC3 showed how the game doesn't really work in a modern day setting (where you bust into Abstergo to rescue Desmond's dad). The core gameplay of AC games is to sneak around and stab people and/or get into close quarter combat. Anything after the 1800s where guns are readily available makes it harder to stick to that type of game play. Syndicate was right on the edge of that I think, and the shitty cane sword didn't really cut it (pardon the pun). It works best sticking to a time period where it's not strange to be walking around with a sword.

Watch Dogs is almost modern day AC I guess minus the parkour. There are enough cross references and just waiting for Ubi to one day confirm they're the same universe. Abstergo and Blume = Templars.

Arguably games like the Division as well could be considered in the same Universe.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Arguably games like the Division as well could be considered in the same Universe.

If you draw a really long bow I'm sure you could argue that. Most Ubi games contain Easter eggs for others but nothing as substantial as AC Origins having a surveillance camera image of Aiden and Watch Dogs having a side mission to kill an Abstergo guy from Black Flag. If a modern day setting for AC can't work for reasons others have mentioned it might be why Watch Dogs exists. Given the cross overs I'm more inclined to believe those two are genuinely connected at this point.

If you draw a really long bow I'm sure you could argue that. Most Ubi games contain Easter eggs for others but nothing as substantial as AC Origins having a surveillance camera image of Aiden and Watch Dogs having a side mission to kill an Abstergo guy from Black Flag. If a modern day setting for AC can't work for reasons others have mentioned it might be why Watch Dogs exists. Given the cross overs I'm more inclined to believe those two are genuinely connected at this point.

They are definitely genuinely connected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back