Multiplat Assassins Creed Odyssey

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, finally getting around to playing this (haven't played AC since maybe AC2). Do I need to play Origins first to understand the storyline in Odyssey? Or is it ok to just jump straight into Odyssey? Not really feeling like sinking 100+ hours into Origin at this point as the Egyptian setting doesn't really grab me.
nope stories arent really connected

Origins was probably a little bit better setting imo

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Ok, finally getting around to playing this (haven't played AC since maybe AC2). Do I need to play Origins first to understand the storyline in Odyssey? Or is it ok to just jump straight into Odyssey? Not really feeling like sinking 100+ hours into Origin at this point as the Egyptian setting doesn't really grab me.

If you don't want to play Origins (you should since it is a great game), you can watch the ending of the game which is the birth of the Assassin's Creed.

If you don't want to play Origins (you should since it is a great game), you can watch the ending of the game which is the birth of the Assassin's Creed.

and then the next assassins creed goes further back in time

Did anyone struggle early with this game?

Even the graphics on 4k look s**t compared to Origins. Played about 3 hours and bored already. Combat and story line is all over the shop.

Can't remember what hour it was, but it wasn't until around the steps of the main quest after the first area you hit following leaving Kefalonia (I think it was Megaris?) that I finally found my groove and got into the rhythm of the grind. I still preferred the setting of Origins, but the expanse and self contained side stories of Odyssey got me in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't remember what hour it was, but it wasn't until around the steps of the main quest after the first area you hit following leaving Kefalonia (I think it was Megaris?) that I finally found my groove and got into the rhythm of the grind. I still preferred the setting of Origins, but the expanse and self contained side stories of Odyssey got me in the end.
I was similar.

It took me 5 or so hours to get into the game. Then it hooked me in

Origins was still a better setting though

Love this game. It’s too long to contemplate replaying though at the moment, especially if you get sidetracked like me.

I did start a kassandra play through but I lost interest because I had just finished the game as Alexios

Craving myself some assassins creed as I do but have been hesitant to play this one, I loved Origins even through it dragged on a bit, but from what reports I’ve read and heard is that this game is assassins creed in name only. Reading through this thread it didn’t give me that impression but the best part of Assassins creed to me is the stealth element is that still prevalent in Odyssey? Does it go in to the lore much? Which I also love. I know it looks good and plays well but is it Assassins Creed?

Craving myself some assassins creed as I do but have been hesitant to play this one, I loved Origins even through it dragged on a bit, but from what reports I’ve read and heard is that this game is assassins creed in name only. Reading through this thread it didn’t give me that impression but the best part of Assassins creed to me is the stealth element is that still prevalent in Odyssey? Does it go in to the lore much? Which I also love. I know it looks good and plays well but is it Assassins Creed?

Stealth is there if you want it to be. I do because I love the stealth and assasination aspects of the series. Stealth completion of forts and camps I could do all day.

This and Origins are purely open world actions games. I doubt they'll ever go back to the old formula which got pretty tired.

With Origins it lead to something! The begin of the Assassins Creed which had you hanging in to the end game! and I enjoyed that ending which to me was fitting in a way.

What is there to suck me in with odyssey’s end game? considering it takes place 400 years before origins? The hidden blade? through that’s a DLC right?

With Origins it lead to something! The begin of the Assassins Creed which had you hanging in to the end game! and I enjoyed that ending which to me was fitting in a way.

What is there to suck me in with odyssey’s end game? considering it takes place 400 years before origins? The hidden blade? through that’s a DLC right?

Story more than anything as it's so far before the formation of the order. It's the earliest look into the universe as we've got so far.

Yea I chucked 200 hours into the standard edition when it came out and got all the achievements. I recently bought the Atlantis expac and sunk like 50 hours into it since Qurentine etc. Atlantis is really good, i'm on the 3rd episode which I assume is the final one. I didn't play the other expac The Hidden Blade because the story didn't interest me much and I heard it was bad.

With regards to endgame you can gear your toon out and do forts, merc hunt, battlegrounds on hard mode which is fun. Or you can do the DLC. I also do the Oricalchum daily quests so I can buy stuff at Oikos merchant in Phokis. He has 2 new legendary items each week to sell.

I really liked Odyssey but my favourite is Origins love ancient Egypt history
Odyssey probably the better game but Origins might be a little more enjoyable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back