Multiplat Assassins Creed Odyssey

Remove this Banner Ad

The hidden blade is ok but the other DLC is awesome. FWIW I played it for 200 hours probably and was invested the whole time. If the Witcher was a 10 this is a 8.5.

Yea I chucked 200 hours into the standard edition when it came out and got all the achievements. I recently bought the Atlantis expac and sunk like 50 hours into it since Qurentine etc. Atlantis is really good, i'm on the 3rd episode which I assume is the final one. I didn't play the other expac The Hidden Blade because the story didn't interest me much and I heard it was bad.

With regards to endgame you can gear your toon out and do forts, merc hunt, battlegrounds on hard mode which is fun. Or you can do the DLC. I also do the Oricalchum daily quests so I can buy stuff at Oikos merchant in Phokis. He has 2 new legendary items each week to sell.

wow that's a hell of a lot of hours to sink in to one game! The only game I've sinked that many hours in would be football manger and that's only due to doing other stuff while playing it or just on in the back ground on the computer! I think I've spent around 80 hours on Origin and it felt that game was never gonna end! Odyssey must feel never ending!

Last edited:
wow that's a hell of a lot of hours to sink in to one game! The only game I've sinked that many hours in would be football manger and that's only due to doing other stuff while playing it or just on in the back ground on the computer! I think I've spent around 80 hours on Origin and it felt that game was never gonna end! Odyssey must feel never ending!

You played Witcher 3? That with the DLC is an easy 100+ hours of content.

You played Witcher 3? That with the DLC is an easy 100+ hours of content.

Yes I have played Witcher 3! Not sure how many hours I've done in that game would be close to Origins hours 80+ maybe more considering I did play Heart of Stone DLC too..

Their was way to much to try and complete in the Witcher 3 for me, through I did enough to satisfy myself.

How many hours have you sunk in to that?

Yes I have played Witcher 3! Not sure how many hours I've done in that game would be close to Origins hours 80+ maybe more considering I did play Heart of Stone DLC too..

Their was way to much to try and complete in the Witcher 3 for me, through I did enough to satisfy myself.

I couldn't give you a number off the top of my head but all up over 3 playthroughs it would be somewhere around 150-200 hours each time.

I put about 160 hours into both Odyssey and Witcher 3.

Odyssey felt like it was dragging along. Particularly as they released a new Tales of Greece episode every month, made you feel like you could never finish it. I enjoyed Origins more but Odyssey is still worth playing.

I just finished a playthrough and ended on completing The Gates of Atlantis quest line for the first time. Honestly, I am glad I did because for some reason finishing that story gave me a sense of closure that I haven't felt from any of the AC games since Revelations gave us closure on Ezio and Desmond's story.

I platinumed this the other night after about 100 hours, and it's effectively only the third ps4 game I've platinumed behind Spider-Man and HZD (I don't count the Telltale games I platinumed because you do that just by finishing them).

I don't think the game is out of this world amazing but it was one of the most enjoyable timesinks I've played. I think it could have benefited from having no level scaling and making the entire map playable from the start, that way you would have gotten a better sense of adventure. But as it is, I really do feel like this lives up to its name and that Kassandra (and I'll only recognize Kassandra as the canon protagonist) had hersel a real wild odyssey.

I'm still playing the DLC at the moment and I've only been to Elysium but boy is that one hell of a picturesque map.

Not sure if I should buy Legacy of the first blade. Reviews are pretty iffy. I dumped 300 hours into the game proper so far and just finished Atlantis all 3 chapters which were pretty good. I'd say Underworld > Atlantis > Elysium. Would have to say Atlantis was the nicest looking map and fun to play but the final boss was too easy. I one shot it on hard mode which I haven't done for any other major boss, it probably should be played on nightmare.

This is still a very pretty game on the Series X
Just hit level 24 there was a hump around level 9 in Megara, respec at level 15 made a massive difference to my survivability as well
Cruising along now but damn its a big game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big but amazing. It still ranks number 1 for me since the Ezio games.
Yeah the Ezio trilogy was a different beast
I played the Desmond ones, never played black flag tried and lost interest in unity, never touched syndicate
Really enjoyed Origins, I'm probably enjoying this a little more than Origins do far but I loved Bayek
Playing as Kassandra and given what I've seen, well heard really of the alternative voice I'm glad lol

Kassandra is an awesome character and has much better voice acting. The setting is one of the big things that I prefer over Origins and Egypt has never really fascinated me.

Definitely give Black Flag a go. It isn't really Assassins Creed but it is still a helluva lot of fun.

I didn't think Unity and Syndicate were that good but they do get a lot of love from the AC fandom.

Pretty sure Unity was universally panned. I didn't mind it, but Arno was a dull protagonist.

Syndicate was good, but people were getting fatigued by the same thing by that stage.

None of Black Flag, Odyssey or Valhalla are really Assassin's games. More pirate, mercenary and Viking respectively.

I went with Valhalla being the newer game but sounds like i should've got Odyssey. About 40 hours in and not sure I will continue. It was good at the start but its too overwhelming with the amount to do. Also just gets a bit samsey, its beautiful when the sun is out but its way to dark normally and ive lost track of the story.

AC2, Odyssey and Black Flag the clear standouts along the way for me.

Odyssey was simply incredible and I would say it was by far the longest I have spent playing a game, last time stamp was something like 97 hours. I just had so much fun with it to the point I was showing the world to my Mum as we are Greek. The world is beautiful.

AC2 was a classic, as is the entire Ezio trilogy. I haven’t played BF in years and I should as it’s up there in many rankings as one of the best AC games, I didn’t appreciate it at the time. I am so glad all but one (first AC game) of the games have been brought to the PS4, so they haven’t been lost during this console generation if you don’t own a PS3.

You just need to send Ikaros up anytime you see an undiscovered mercenary on your HUD. It becomes a bit of a luck of the draw, really.
I just kept killing mercs until one of them just now revealed the one I was missing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back