Multiplat Assassin's Creed Origins

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the setting being something very different from previous games

But the modern day story always intrigued me more than the historical story (at least in the early games it did) I've always been interested in the idea of an AC spin off game that's almost entirely set in present day

Have a feeling this one will reignite my love for AC games.
Same with me, I got over syndicate and never finished, was just boring and se stuff over and over.
This looks really good and they've taken more time with it then they have in the past churning them out every year.

Personally think it looks like a real improvement on the series, the year off has hopefully paid off. Can see why people will be less trusting though.
It's the same team more or less who did Black Flag which gives me a lot of confidence that it actually will be a lot more innovative then the others.

More info has come out.

The bit I love the most is:

They took Unity's backlash very, very badly. They've been working on Origins so much to avoid another buggy situation. "Syndicate was about 60% complete when the backlash came to light, so Ubi shoved that one out of the door before we had the break."

The bit I love most is;
  • Reason why AC doesn't make its way to Japan is because the higher ups don't see it being successful.
FFS, pretty much the entire user base has been saying for the last 3 games or so do a Japanese/Samurai one. Bizarre :drunk:

But the modern day story always intrigued me more than the historical story (at least in the early games it did) I've always been interested in the idea of an AC spin off game that's almost entirely set in present day

Becomes a very different game once semi-auto guns are introduced, you'd nearly have to come up with a plausible explanation as to why the modern day assassin doesn't use them. Which of course would be ridiculous.

Say wot? Story was universally praised. I thought it was one of the more original sci-fi concepts I've seen and near best implementation in an open world game.

Story was fine but cliched, robots taking over/post apocalyptic societies forming in the aftermath/chosen one is old hat.

This looks really good, though i'm a huge fan of the series in general, due to the historical links and gameplay.

Taking stock:

AC - Finished
AC II - Finished
AC Brotherhood - Finished 100% - Amazing game.
AC Revelations - 50% done, gave up, tower defence game killed it for me
AC III - Terrible, got through 80% of out of pure stubbornness
AC III Liberation - never played
AC IV Black Flag - Finished 100% amazing
AC Unity - 20% in, bugged out, never went back
AC Rogue - Finished
AC Syndicate - Finished

I'd rank them

1. Black Flag / Brotherhood
  2. Syndicate
  3. AC II
  4. Rogue
  5. AC
  6. Revelations
  7. Unity

I've noticed the series has a habit where the second game on a new engine is the best (ie: Brotherhood and Black Flag). So while i'm looking forward to this game, I suspect the follow on game will be awesome also.

That's what I loved about the earlier AC games, the story with Desmond had me hooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assassin's Creed Origins World Map Revealed - As Large as Black Flag But Nearly All Land

Written by Jon Sutton on 23 August 2017 at 17:07

top__id1503497208_343178.jpg

Assassins Creed: OriginsCan I Run It?Add FPSCompare GPUTrailers
The full Assassin’s Creed Origins world map has been revealed by Ubisoft and it looks like a bit of a humdinger. The map spans from the tip of Ancient Egypt and the Mediterranean ocean, down the Nile, and finishes at the bottom with the Faiyum oasis and the Desheret Desert. Ubisoft claims this is the biggest world ever created for an Assassin’s Creed game, and it shows.

Just looking at the map alone there appears to be a heck of a lot to it, and a huge proportion of it isn’t dedicated to the usual Assassin’s Creed cities. Climbing fans may have to make do with just a few high structures to clamber up but it should make a nice change of pace scrabbling up mountains or trekking over deserts instead.

_id1503497034_343178.jpg

“When we started saying ‘let’s do Ancient Egypt,’ it was going to be [the entire] country,” says Ashraf Ismail, game director of Assassin’s Creed Origins. “Ancient Egypt meant many things for us; it meant cities, but also wilderness, and we wanted to show the diversity of this wilderness. And people, as they play the game and get into hours and hours of it, they’re constantly seeing new stuff from the world and the environment.”

In terms of size, Assassin’s Creed Origins’ is roughly the same size as ACIV: Black Flag, with one major change - nearly all of it is land.

“In terms of the granularity of the details, the experiences that you can have, the things you can run into, the NPCs, the animals, the fauna, it’s much, much denser,” says Ismail. “This is definitely, in terms of content, the biggest world we’ve ever built. We want the exploration of the world to really be jaw-dropping. We want people to be lost in this world for hours and hours. So the game is quite huge. The world is massive.”

Tick, tick, tick. Assassin’s Creed Origins has all the makings of a Black Flag-beater but time will tell.

We also got yet another Assassin’s Creed Origins trailer to go alongside the one from earlier this week.

http://www.game-debate.com/news/236...ed-as-large-as-black-flag-but-nearly-all-land

Remove this Banner Ad

Back