Multiplat Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Double post because I can, but just about the ending after the scene with The Father, or if anyone who can't be bothered to get that far wants to know about the Order of Ancients, or Templars, and where I think the next game will take place.

King Alfred is the founder of the Templars, or what will become the Templars. With him and Eivor the Order of the Ancients that we have been fighting since Origins and Odyssey are finished.

Alfred signs himself off as a poor fellow soldier of Christ. That is one of the original names of the Knight's Templar, the Poor fellow soldiers of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon. Historically the Templars aren't raised until the start of the 12th century, about 250 years after the events of AC Valhalla. However the first AC is set at the end of the 12th century during the third crusade.

According to the Wiki, the Hiddens Ones were reformed in 1090 as the Order of Assassin's in response to the Templars reforming as a public order. Basim/Loki wasn't aware of the name change which I don't think itself is significant because technically he was in the simulation the entire time, but I'm wondering if that's a hint at the time of the next game.

Altair is only a few hundred years away, and we just had a game with who appears to be the founder of the Templars. I think the game is going to be back in the middle east possibly around the first crusade in 1096. Though games recently have a habit of just missing really important historical moments so maybe it will be around 1090 and the events preceding the first crusade. Alternatively, they might shift the time ahead a bit, to the events in between the second and third crusades in which will tie Desmond back in (because they've made it pretty clear he's having a come back, and maybe he's even that light dude at the tree with Layla) via the staff and maybe Isu space time magic, as well as giving an opportunity to lead back into Altair.

You know what, fu** ubisoft. Ass creed is sh*t. Im uninstalling.

Besides I want to start watch dogs and immortals fenix rising.

It is a fantastic franchise. Valhalla is just a s**t game.

That's nothing. I spent about $250 on games during the Steam sale and my PC is too much of a potato to be able to play them until I can upgrade in 800 years when GPUs will be available.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
That's nothing. I spent about $250 on games during the Steam sale and my PC is too much of a potato to be able to play them until I can upgrade in 800 years when GPUs will be available.

That's normal though regardless if you can run them or not. I've already forgotten which games I bought this last Steam Christmas sale and I'm sure they'll just add to the massive library that I'll never play.

Another decision I don't get. I have every piece of the Thor set except for cloak. I'm currently doing Winchester with only Hampton to go and wondering if I missed something. Then I looked it up and found out about that and the hammer. What's the point? There is no endgame. Where the hell am I supposed to use it?

So many dumb design decisions in this game.

Got to buy the DLCs.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
That was an experience. Finally beat the main story. 96 hours which is quicker than many of you and much quicker than the previous 2 of this trilogy for me.

I must admit, the game really grew on me. The music, the sound effects. The combat was really viking-y. I mentioned that the setting was much blander compared to Origins and Odyssey. Well true, but some of those cold, snowy and icy areas were spectacular.

The mini-narratives were a nice way to structure the game but felt like there was 30% too many. I think there were 14. 9-10 would have been a better number.

This definitely wasn't a combat RPG.

Was there enough weird s**t? Probably not. The clyclops mission was awesome, nothing like that in this Valhalla.

Also, a pretty s**t design decision making the last Order dude only killable after knocking off the 16 zealots aswell. I got all of the rest of the Order.

A poster mentioned this was more a Viking game than a clearly delineated RPG or action game. Good comment. Overall, a really fun game, that lacked a cohesive gameplay identity and was a bit too bloated.

Finally got round to starting this. About 10 hours in, enjoying it so far. Combat was a bit iffy to begin with but getting the hang of it. Like the similarities to the Vikings show. Sounds effects are a huge step up in this. Broke into a church in Rapton and could hear all the screams of the villagers rushing in to hide. You can also hear the sounds of monestaries when hovering over them in the map.

Did they really put a Covid reference into this? There's an email from Layla telling her brother that she doesn't have Covid.

Not massively spoilery but put in here anyway:
Going from the pin drop dive to the leap of faith is cool. And the decision to wear the hidden blade on the other side to avoid losing a finger was a nice touch.

I like Basim's assassin outfit, I hope you can use that at some point. If not in the main game, maybe the DLC.

Did people run with a guy or girl Eivor? Seems like you're meant to be a chick given it looked like your dad tried to marry you off to Sigurd at the start. Fine if they're both adults and end up together but a little ****ed up if you choose the guy and your dad tries this! I went the guy, seems to fit well other than that. I felt the chick option would just feel like a budget Lagertha. Interesting that you can switch mid game.

Also, what does the Both option do?

I can see how people could get a bit overwhelmed/fatigued with all the yellow/white/blue dots.

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Finally got round to starting this. About 10 hours in, enjoying it so far. Combat was a bit iffy to begin with but getting the hang of it. Like the similarities to the Vikings show. Sounds effects are a huge step up in this. Broke into a church in Rapton and could hear all the screams of the villagers rushing in to hide. You can also hear the sounds of monestaries when hovering over them in the map.

Did they really put a Covid reference into this? There's an email from Layla telling her brother that she doesn't have Covid.

Not massively spoilery but put in here anyway:
Going from the pin drop dive to the leap of faith is cool. And the decision to wear the hidden blade on the other side to avoid losing a finger was a nice touch.

I like Basim's assassin outfit, I hope you can use that at some point. If not in the main game, maybe the DLC.

Did people run with a guy or girl Eivor? Seems like you're meant to be a chick given it looked like your dad tried to marry you off to Sigurd at the start. Fine if they're both adults and end up together but a little f’ed up if you choose the guy and your dad tries this! I went the guy, seems to fit well other than that. I felt the chick option would just feel like a budget Lagertha. Interesting that you can switch mid game.

Also, what does the Both option do?

I can see how people could get a bit overwhelmed/fatigued with all the yellow/white/blue dots.
I'm at the same point in the game. I went the bloke but I usually do, especially if there romance options. Definately some similarities with the Vikings and also Kingdoms on Netflix. I think watching them has helped me get into it. I usually bounce off Ubi games but might keep going.

Combat does seem pretty simple really and I've found parrying is easy coming from Demon souls. It is fun to wreck a village though.

Back