Multiplat Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Map is an odd one. If it were based around vikings and stuff in Gaul then northern Europe including Paris, Britain etc makes sense. But Kiev is a long way away. Where is Novagrad? I can only think of Novograd which is Ukraine (so fits with Kiev) and Novigrad in Croatia. I can only assume by the "Every kingdom is really unique" thing that there are many separate maps. I know they could chuck pretty much most of Greece into Odyssey but there was only one really major city and a lot of water. Middle age Europe would be absolutely nuts on a single map.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Lost me at weapon durability, It's never been implemented in a fun way. I'll still grab it though, the reboots have been fantastic (Even if odyssey was a bit bloated)

It's probably implemented so that they can add a microtransaction option to instantly restore your weapon, instead of some roundabout tedious way. Just more ways for Ubisoft to make money

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
I honesty would’ve preferred this game to play like the earlier AC games and not be massive like Origins and Odyssey, not that they’re bad games, but they are just monstrous with so much to do.

But still getting this regardless as I love anything Viking!!

Sounds good and I liked the weapon durability in Zelda so that doesn’t bother me.

Hopefully they are able to be repaired, a fair few games have this feature now and once you're far enough into the game with weapons you don't want to lose you have enough parts or kits to repair (or coin to pay for it).

I'd be surprised if an AC game went down the Zelda route with breaking weapons. I'm assuming they would just have the standard RPG durability that you can repair with your 3463364563673 spare materials you will accumulate.
crazy how many people complained about weapons breaking in botw didn't bother me at all
I hated it in BotW, you get a decent sword and it'd break before you could kill one relatively tough enemy.

If it's like dwwaino says and you can repair it and it lasts for a couple of hours of gameplay at least, then I'd be ok with it. If it's a one fight and broken deal, I'll be annoyed.

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Yeah i was a fan at first but it got boring so quickly! I loved the previous one though.

yeah Origins was dope. Gave up on Odyssey after about ten hours. Intangible why it wasn’t as good but it just fell flat.

Back