Multiplat Assassin's Creed Valhalla

I just finished Hamtunscire then the order members and then gave up. Hamtunscire is the ending of the main quest line so that is a good place to stop unless you are a completionist and/or masochist.

Is that bottom left? If so I'm doing that currently.

Jun 10, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Arsenal
Lost 8 hours of gameplay and 60 odd power level when my save file was fluffed swapping over to the Series X.
Have struggled for motivation with this game so this was another kick in the guts :unamused:.

Finished on the weekend, well finished everything I was willing to do, level 400, all beasts killed, all order members killed, got Excalibur, got mjolnir, probably 99% synchronized.

Quite liked it in the end, below Odyssey for me, maybe on par or not far from Origins.

does anyone have problems with not being able to talk to anybody in Ravensthorpe? All started when halfway through walking Valka to her new home. She just stopped walking and it froze the mission. now I can't do it as every time I restart the mission she stops in the same place. Also every time I load into the game eivors drunk and the screen is all blurry (which isn't a big deal because it wears off after a bit but it's still annoying).

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Thought there was a recent update to fix Eivor being drunk randomly, has happened to me a few times, but I haven’t encountered the other issue you are talking about with Valka.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
With Cyberpunk out of the way I've put a few hours into this the last couple days. Still only early stages of landing in England, but as an AC lore fan and a sucker for these types of open world games it's actually refreshing and somewhat of a warm hug to be back into a new one.

Firstly, it looks really nice and only the second new release I've been able to test my new 3080 build on. I was also really excited after seeing the England map and where you first land around East Anglia. I'm really into my own genealogy, and while I know the map is scaled down and not exactly accurate, the area you first sail through and settle is really close to where the tiny village would exist that my family is originally from in North West Norfolk (and I have Norwegian in my DNA, come at me game). The setting of this game is in a really interesting and important period of English history, but I'm curious to see how they can make an AC game from it.

My only real beef so far is the audio. I thought it was just me but I looked it up and can see it's a real issue. Ubisoft games have a tendency for their audio to be heavily compressed. But not only is this compressed, it's also of a low bitrate. Without a wide and dynamic range it lacks punch, especially in combat, and many of the effects just blend together. It's a real shame. Games are already big enough and it's silly to sacrifice audio quality just to get the game down a few gigs when it's already 50+gb anyway.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I just started this on PS5, <3 hours in so not far, but this game is glitch galore.

The computer AI is 1990s level dumb, like we are raiding settlements and within 20/30 metres there are enemies just standing around with their backs to us, as if they can't hear the raging battle and horns, sometimes they'll be facing me and I can just ping arrows at their face, they don't even move. This is on the default enemy settings so it's not like I dumbed down the difficulty.

The other glitches seem to be around camera stuff and objects, like sometimes dead enemies will be frozen suspended in mid air with just their feet still on a tower, or randomly il be able to walk through parts of objects.

Not stuff I expected for a PS5 game.

I just started this on PS5, <3 hours in so not far, but this game is glitch galore.

The computer AI is 1990s level dumb, like we are raiding settlements and within 20/30 metres there are enemies just standing around with their backs to us, as if they can't hear the raging battle and horns, sometimes they'll be facing me and I can just ping arrows at their face, they don't even move. This is on the default enemy settings so it's not like I dumbed down the difficulty.

The other glitches seem to be around camera stuff and objects, like sometimes dead enemies will be frozen suspended in mid air with just their feet still on a tower, or randomly il be able to walk through parts of objects.

Not stuff I expected for a PS5 game.

I failed a raid last night as my longboat decided to ram into a pier, so it can be mechanical when on rails.

The long boat then did a flip, then another, and another, and before I knew it, I was slide showing up to the cliff lever, suspended in mid air and subsequently fell to my death when the frames caught up. Boat was still flipping above my head during the death animation as I'm floating away to restart and others who ejected earlier were slowly running by...

I then re-did that raid, no issue, went back to Ravensthorpe, spoke to Gunnar to uprade and saw a blue screen to "guess I'm not playing this tonight".

Not glitched through the world yet though, many "invisible walls" where enemies get stuck running into literally nothing as square grass or a mound of dirt, and I got spotted a few times in distrust by enemies literally spawning in on my face.

It's glitch galore on any system, as that's PS4, but they're few and far between, it's just frustrating to no end.

On XSX and I’ve hardly come across any major glitches. I do admit the AI is dumb, but that’s the case with most games.

Yep same. I played for over 70hrs, max level and had maybe one crash. Very minimal glitches. Fairly good for a Ubi game.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I failed a raid last night as my longboat decided to ram into a pier, so it can be mechanical when on rails.

The long boat then did a flip, then another, and another, and before I knew it, I was slide showing up to the cliff lever, suspended in mid air and subsequently fell to my death when the frames caught up. Boat was still flipping above my head during the death animation as I'm floating away to restart and others who ejected earlier were slowly running by...

I then re-did that raid, no issue, went back to Ravensthorpe, spoke to Gunnar to uprade and saw a blue screen to "guess I'm not playing this tonight".

Not glitched through the world yet though, many "invisible walls" where enemies get stuck running into literally nothing as square grass or a mound of dirt, and I got spotted a few times in distrust by enemies literally spawning in on my face.

It's glitch galore on any system, as that's PS4, but they're few and far between, it's just frustrating to no end.
Disappointing, not something I'd expect from a major title and long standing franchise.
On XSX and I’ve hardly come across any major glitches. I do admit the AI is dumb, but that’s the case with most games.
The AI is 1990s level games, literally just standing there looking at me ping arrows at them while my vikings pillage and maul the other guards nearby.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Been playing the ps5 version

Although I haven't done any of the Yule festives

If you're not interested in it then don't do the brawling as that seems to be the trigger for Eivor to be drunk every time you load a save. Didn't seem to do it when I loaded into Asgard but every time I loaded a save in England, or travelled from somewhere else back to England it would happen. As most people are saying online, Ubi probably won't fix it as the event is only limited and when they remove the Yule stuff it will probably fix the bug.

Back