Multiplat Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 10, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Arsenal
I had a glitch last night where I broke Modron.
She was passively running around in a circle so I could ping arrows at her until she dropped.
Wasn't unhappy about it though cause she was a pain in the ass to defeat.

Last edited:
Kind of lost track of this series. Do you need to play them all (or most?) to follow the story line? Or can you just jump in whenever?

The only ones I would say to play in order are the Ezio trilogy (2, Brotherhood, Revelations). The rest it doesn't really matter.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
The only ones I would say to play in order are the Ezio trilogy (2, Brotherhood, Revelations). The rest it doesn't really matter.

The series is at a point where they should ignore the present day stuff

Could have scrapped the Assains Creed name and have it as a bad ass Viking rpg

Last edited:
Never cared for the present day s**t and it really annoyed me when you finally set sail at the start of this game and you're all pumped and ready to rape and pillage new lands only to be dragged off to some bird in the animus. * it right off.

I'm playing on ps5 in quality mode and outside of 2 random crashes I only get the drunk Eivor bug and it's bloody annoying. Really enjoying the game though.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
At least they don't force you to do stuff in the present day stuff now for those who have no interest in it and you can just jump right back into the Animus. For us that are engrossed by the overarching story, the present and Isu stuff there is still enough there, but wish there was a little more. I'm 50 hours in and miss the hidden chamber things with Isu messages like in Origins. Looking forward to piecing all the video fragments together like in the first AC games.

My only real beef so far (besides Eivor being drunk every time I load) is the gear. I know they wanted the gear to be meaningful and in the past I pretty much only used the same mythical gear and upgraded it, it was the hunt for all the set pieces and weapons that was part of the fun. I've been using the same Raven set since the start and great Dane axe since I got it. I'm a completionist so I'm totally outlevelled, but can't upgrade anything until i work my way to higher zones with the upgrade materials. Just got a mythical great Dane axe from Redes or whatever his name is though, but poor that's the only exciting weapon option in 50 hours.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
So far so good today, but I'm starting to think the PC crashes are from over zealous DRM. Read syncing system time with Microsoft servers helped a lot of people. I was having issues with my cloud save last night (I use local anyway), and I also read that people playing in offline mode mode have had no crashing issues. I did try offline mode but it wouldn't detect my local saves :shrug: . The crashing looks pretty widespread and I'm sure they've been bombarded with error reports that many like me hit the send button on so surely they'll get to bottom of it soon. I had absolutely no dramas in 120+ hours of Odyssey.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Never cared for the present day sh*t and it really annoyed me when you finally set sail at the start of this game and you're all pumped and ready to rape and pillage new lands only to be dragged off to some bird in the animus. fu** it right off.

I'm playing on ps5 in quality mode and outside of 2 random crashes I only get the drunk Eivor bug and it's bloody annoying. Really enjoying the game though.

Are you getting 30fps in quality mode or does it run smoother on the PS5 than the XSX at the moment? I can’t for the life of me play this game on quality mode after playing it on performance.

The romance options in this game are s**t. What's the point of being able to scissor everyone if I don't get to see the goods. 40 hours in and I've seen one animated T**ty dammit. ONE! Not even a set.

Are you getting 30fps in quality mode or does it run smoother on the PS5 than the XSX at the moment? I can’t for the life of me play this game on quality mode after playing it on performance.
Honestly not sure. I struggle to tlwl the difference between 60fps and 30 unless it's something really obvious. I'm not experiencing an noticeable frame rate issues though. I'm definitly more of a quality over performance guy for most games though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
The romance options in this game are sh*t. What's the point of being able to scissor everyone if I don't get to see the goods. 40 hours in and I've seen one animated T**ty dammit. ONE! Not even a set.
Imma need quest name, character I must took talk to and a list of answers I will need to give to possible questions.

Cheers.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
The romance options in this game are sh*t. What's the point of being able to scissor everyone if I don't get to see the goods. 40 hours in and I've seen one animated T**ty dammit. ONE! Not even a set.

Only time I saw boobs is when you had to save the bloke from a brothel there was even some shagging going on rofls

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
This can't really be a complaint because it's more self inflicted than anything, but even as a completionist I was done with the base Odyssey game in 80 hours. I'm at 78.5 and still have about 5 or 6 areas to go (story wise I've just hit Jorvik, only had two other options as the highest level areas were still unavailable). While I'm still enjoying it, it feels unnecessarily bloated. In Odyssey I was excited about hitting a new area to find new gear set pieces, hunt new mythological creatures etc.

Power wise I'm about 330-340 last I checked, so way over levelled but that's what happens when you're OCD about clearing a region out including every little yellow wealth dot even if they don't contribute to the region progression.

Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla were always touted as a trilogy so they were always going to be fairly similar. Valhalla feels the weakest of the three. I hope the series goes back on ice now like after Syndicate while they upgrade the Anvil engine for next gen and overhaul the game design again. I don't know which studio gets the next AC because both studios have either just released something or have something coming out. If they were alternating then it would be Ubisoft Quebec next, but they just released Fenyx Rising. Montreal only just released Valhalla. The majority of their other studios are supporting and used for post release content and support. The only other studio big enough to take on an AC game would be Toronto but 1) they've never made one, and 2) they just did Watch Dogs Legion and are also responsible for Far Cry 6.

I put 200 hours in Odyssey and about 150 into Origins.

Im only about 20 in Valhalla, and Im not feeling it. Characters aren't grabbing me, the setting looks like the farms I drive past on the way to Torquay. Maybe Im fatigued with the systems.

That was like me. I put 100s of hours into Odyssey and Origins between them but never really felt Valhalla. If you aren't feeling it after 20 hours then I don't think you will after 60.

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
just played my first few hours of it yesterday and so far its pretty good imo im liking it more then Odyssey, i did love Origins tho so its gonna have to do alot for it to overtake that, never played any AC before that tho.

putting this in the spoiler section so it doesnt come across as spammy but i am doing a YT lets play on it and would really appreciate some feedback or anything but if this aint cool ill edit this bit out

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
That was like me. I put 100s of hours into Odyssey and Origins between them but never really felt Valhalla. If you aren't feeling it after 20 hours then I don't think you will after 60.

Seems that’s the case for a few here, I finished Origins and put in probably 80 hours, couldn’t get into Odyssey though, played about 25 hours and gave up. 74 hours into Valhalla and loving it, best of the 3 for me.

Seems that’s the case for a few here, I finished Origins and put in probably 80 hours, couldn’t get into Odyssey though, played about 25 hours and gave up. 74 hours into Valhalla and loving it, best of the 3 for me.

It seems to be the case that you fall into one of the 2 camps. I loved Odyssey and have done probably 5 playthroughs and I am thinking about doing another one. On the flip side, you get others that couldn't even finish one playthrough of Odyssey but love Valhalla.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back