Multiplat Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Remove this Banner Ad

The latest update allows you to change the look of you gear but their is a catch it costs 50 silver to change each piece at the blacksmith fans are complaining all over social media hopefully Ubi listen and change it.

That's friggin dumb charging silver to change the look of items you didn't had to pay in AC Oddyseey

This game is value for money. I'm not side questing, but I'm definitely not rushing and I'm about 50 hours playtime.
Judging by my place in the game, I estimate I might have 10-15 hours left of the campaign. Not something I expected, I'd argue it's maybe a touch longer than I'd like, probably 40 hours ish would have been enough.

This game is value for money. I'm not side questing, but I'm definitely not rushing and I'm about 50 hours playtime.
Judging by my place in the game, I estimate I might have 10-15 hours left of the campaign. Not something I expected, I'd argue it's maybe a touch longer than I'd like, probably 40 hours ish would have been enough.

Yeah, it's actually too long for mine. I've was doing a fair bit of side quest and collectable stuff but, at 80 odd hours in and no end in sight, have decided to drop it and just focus on the main story. Just want to finish the thing and move on to another game at this point.

The gameplay loop isn't varied enough to warrant the play time - just rock up to a new territory, help this dude become ealdorman, find a few ingots/armours, rinse and repeat. Likewise the story and writing isn't strong enough to keep you engaged merely for that, Witcher it ain't lol.

Yeah, it's actually too long for mine. I've was doing a fair bit of side quest and collectable stuff but, at 80 odd hours in and no end in sight, have decided to drop it and just focus on the main story. Just want to finish the thing and move on to another game at this point.

The gameplay loop isn't varied enough to warrant the play time - just rock up to a new territory, help this dude become ealdorman, find a few ingots/armours, rinse and repeat. Likewise the story and writing isn't strong enough to keep you engaged merely for that, Witcher it ain't lol.
100% agree.
I'm all for epic hours if the story and characters are strong but there is literally not one character the game writes to make you give a * about.
Even your main character is bland as hell with no story arc so far besides running around and getting told what to do.

Finished all the story content a couple of days ago. 65 hours all up, which is comparable to other recent titles.

I mainly focused on the story with some light exploration if I ran into other content I found interesting.

I enjoyed the game but felt it was the weakest of the three recent games. It felt so far removed from an Assassin's Creed game, with minimal stealth. It really was a viking games with some traditionally systems forced into it. Hunting the Order and dealing with the Zealots was a lot less interesting than in Odyssey.

I liked the way each area was a self contained story but felt there were too many of them. The structure also meant that if you did come across a memorable character they'd then disappear as soon as you moved on with the story.

The lack of rewards for everything, really. When you can go all the way through the game wielding the same weapon you started the game with as well as wearing the same armour, something is wrong with the rewards system.

You're clearly meant to be a chick in this. Been referred to as "she" multiple times despite being a male Eivor and been hit on by more male characters than female. Not to mention they try to betroth you to Sigurd at the start. I like the having the choice, but there's a clear push which one you're meant to be in this. Odyssey did it much better (aside from forcing your sexual orientation in the DLC).

Slowly working my way through it. Up to around 100 hours. Nearly done with Nottinghamshire, but still need to do Yorkshire, Gloucestershire, Sussex and Hampshire. And go back to Norway I'm assuming. It really does drag on, even when playing it amongst other games. They needed to cut like a third of the areas or at least make it a little different to just installing a new ealdorman in each place.

I'm enjoying it still, just a lot of bloated crap in it. And a little variation in armour and weapons would be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus christ. As if this thing needed to be any bigger :drunk:

Looks like it'll be exactly the same gameplay/story loop on a new map, "Ireland is scarred by rivalries but it will take all its kingdoms to blah blah blah". Hard pass.

Up to my 2nd last area in England and the grind is real, just wanna finish the story and play something else.

I thought they did pretty well with not mentioning he/she when referring to Eivor. I can't recall any times they mentioned gender.
In the town in Nottinghamshire, there's a group of kids who you help make decisions for their club, they referred to me as She. It happened somewhere else too in one of the world events, can't remember which one though.

Regardless of sex I try and bang everyone anyway.
That was my plan, and what I did with Kassandra in Odyssey (man, woman, old lady, if I could, I did), but in this I just ended up settling down with Petra relatively early on.

Yeah gave up on this at the second last area. The only bit I had interest in by the end was upgrading my settlement

Same with me, was closing off some things before basically "the father" and whilst i was also "this is a hunk of trash on base PS4" it doesn't really carry the story well throughout for mine. Origins and Odyssey carried their "hero journey" fine but Eivor feels more like a stop gap replacement which they basically are in narrative as well?

Finished. I think. Ending was kinda week. Will post thoughts tomorrow.

I thought they did pretty well with not mentioning he/she when referring to Eivor. I can't recall any times they mentioned gender.
Just came across another example, in Aelfred's study, there's a letter that refers to you as Eivor Varinsdottir. As a dude it should be Varinsson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back