Analysis Assistant Changes for 2023

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lets just cut to the chase, Clarko to North, Ken aint walking to the Giants, so where will the change come from and who's in the gun. I kind think we may 'add' to the coaching group as it's been previously stated all assistants are contracted for next year along with Ken, so I can't really see wholesale changes. I honestly can't see Ken staying beyond next year, so how do we axe, add with all that in mind, i'd like to think we are planning for that - I hope.

Bassett has already made it clear that he has a contract for next year.

I have no idea who we can attract.

Why come when you know you won't be listened to?

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol if Ken Hinkley is still perched at the top of the coaching tree who actually gives a s**t?
Here they go with yet another round of "we're going to put a really strong support team around Kenny" bullshit. Hahaha. Rinse and repeat. Holy f**king s**t!!!

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bassett has already made it clear that he has a contract for next year.

I have no idea who we can attract.

Why come when you know you won't be listened to?

I think Bass is a lot like Ken, both seem stubborn and know best, probably why they work well together.

Did Ken pick his oddball country Vic bloke who's in our coaching group, 'what's his name'?

Perhaps Bass is moved back to defense, Chad is axed and we bring a forwards coach in.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol if Ken Hinkley is still perched at the top of the coaching tree who actually gives a s**t?
Here they go with yet another round of "we're going to put a really strong support team around Kenny" bullshit. Hahaha. Rinse and repeat. Holy f**king s**t!!!

It will make a great mini series one day.

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Only way we will attract a quality coach is it it’s a part of a succession plan.

Give Hinkley his final year as we’re to spineless otherwise, bring on Yze or next best cab of the rank on the basis that they will be head coach for 2024.

Hopefully Ken will step aside early like Clarko did with Mitchell and off we go into the sunset all holding hands and dancing with our jimmies

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Imagine the job interviews

"You do understand you'll essentially be the head coach but with none of the plaudits or fanfare. They'll all be going in the direction of the scarecrow in the big chair.
On the flip side of that, if and when things go **** up it will be you and the players who shoulder the responsibility. You ok with that?".

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees

Exactly - the way the board act you'd think Ken has only been in charge for a year or two.

I would go as far to ask what Ken hasn't been provided with in the last 10 years that is the missing link? He's had a fully funded footy department - many of the staff whom he did not listen to and chose to leave. He's pretty much gotten every player in that he's wanted - many whom were touted as the "missing link" (Ryder, Dixon). And to top it off he's gone through multiple rebuilds cycling through the playing list multiple times.

This year couldn't have been more embarrassing - a 10 goal loss to Hawthorn at home, a 40 point loss to Richmond at home, losing the Showdown after the siren, being down 6 goals to Geelong at home, down 40 points to Freo and 50 points to Carlton, not to mention winning just 1 out of 11 games against top 8 sides. And yet, we are told as a supporter base to be patient and that the club isn't far away because 7 games were lost by 2 goals or less. This of course, would be to ignore that Port Adelaide has lost the most number of games by 2 goals or less than any club since Hinkley began coaching in 2013, and the club's win rate of 43% in games decided by 2 goals or less under Hinkley is 2nd worst in the AFL in the same period.

Change the coaches around him, change the freaking water boy for all I care. It's not going to make any difference in the world.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Hinkley will be the lamest duck of all lame ducks. A zombie coach. He will be either desperate for results or go onto full “whatever” mode. The environment can turn bad really quickly.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hinkley will be the lamest duck of all lame ducks. A zombie coach. He will be either desperate for results or go onto full “whatever” mode. The environment can turn bad really quickly.
Hes just going to sit there in his deck chair and take the cash and dare them to sack him.

Footy isn't that important.

Hinkley remains in the big deck chair, with a slightly smaller, and less impressive, chair next to it for Jordan.

Bring in Noble and Cameron as senior assistant and development coach respectively, get Primus back as a midfield coach, move Chadbro to Magpies coach and Lokan can be our runner. Bring Westhoff in as defence coach and Monty/Bassett can rotate who gets to stock Ken's coke cans each week while the other coaches our forward line. Fitness staff remain as is but are topped up randomly with various PT's operating at Grange beach on the weekends.

Barry Curtain to replace Richo as CEO and Holey Moley Ransom to be anointed as Commander-in-Chief by David Kuck.

Alfie Trebilcock gets sacked.

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have you not been paying attention Gremio? He will receive an extension before the mid-season bye.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Hinkley remains in the big deck chair, with a slightly smaller, and less impressive, chair next to it for Jordan.

Bring in Noble and Cameron as senior assistant and development coach respectively, get Primus back as a midfield coach, move Chadbro to Magpies coach and Lokan can be our runner. Bring Westhoff in as defence coach and Monty/Bassett can rotate who gets to stock Ken's coke cans each week while the other coaches our forward line. Fitness staff remain as is but are topped up randomly with various PT's operating at Grange beach on the weekends.

Barry Curtain to replace Richo as CEO and Holey Moley Ransom to be anointed as Commander-in-Chief by David Kuck.

Alfie Trebilcock gets sacked.
Westhoff as defence coach. Very very Hinkley.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Have you not been paying attention Gremio? He will receive an extension before the mid-season bye.

Geoff Ramsey Achievement Hunter GIF by Rooster Teeth

Back