Analysis Assistant Changes for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2022: Brett Montgomery first name to surface as Port Adelaide considers changes to footy dept​

Hot on the heels of Port Adelaide president David Koch saying ‘something has got to change’ after a horror season, an upheaval in the club’s football department seems likely.

Montgomery has overseen the midfield unit, but is expected to weigh up his options for next season.

That's about as exciting as it gets - sorry.

Wait a minute ...... I thought 'We will review ALL line items in the football department AT THE END OF THE YEAR, not before" ...... ummmmm ......

So at the end of 2018 the solution to helping Hinkley was adding Schofield and Montgomery to the coaching ranks. Now 4 years later and in an even worse position to what they were at the end of 2018, the solution to fixing on field results is getting rid of both Schofield and Montgomery whilst keeping Hinkley.

Round and round on the carousel we go.

So at the end of 2018 the solution to helping Hinkley was adding Schofield and Montgomery to the coaching ranks. Now 4 years later and in an even worse position to what they were at the end of 2018, the solution to fixing on field results is getting rid of both Schofield and Montgomery whilst keeping Hinkley.

Round and round on the carousel we go.

It feels like we installed the special needs kid as head coach and come hell or high water we're gonna make it work, one way or another.

Monty is the only competent one in our coaching group lol. I wouldn't shed tears if he left, but if he goes they should all go.

It feels like we installed the special needs kid as head coach and come hell or high water we're gonna make it work, one way or another.

The special needs kid at my school growing up sat in the corner sniffing a glue stick all day. I feel he'd be more productive than Hinkley guzzling a coke.

Agree and if it transpires Monty does leave, there is always Lokan to take his spot:rolleyes:
I'm sure it was announced that Lokan was finishing up end of last season. Then with the upheaval of departures, he must have been talked into staying on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How utterly predictable. The guy managing the only line in the Club to come even barely near a pass this year is the one scapegoated. One can only recoil in horror at the potential replacements...

A new Head Coach will want his own assistants is the half full answer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back