Analysis Assistant Changes for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we gonna do anything to address our fitness department? We looked very unfit throughout the year..

That's an area we absolutely have to strengthen.

Can only make an educated guess, but given Carr is coming back to SA for family reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if he put himself forward to the Club (ie CD) via his manager, and then CD suggested to Ken it would be a good idea given they wanted Monty out of there.
Without wanting to put you in too much of an awkward spot but can you give a bit of colour as to why they wanted Monty out.
From the outside looking in he seemed to be doing a good job.

Without wanting to put you in too much of an awkward spot but can you give a bit of colour as to why they wanted Monty out.
From the outside looking in he seemed to be doing a good job.

Didn't click with the clique.
Didn't come to the big cum bbq.
Didn't dig the skinny diggers.

We should bring in Ratten.

• was alright at Carlton before they Carltoned
  • was good at St Kilda with a terrible list
  • had a long stint at the Hawks under Clarkson (maybe caught up in the current scandal?), where he was seen as a very good assistant

Hinkley seems to do well when he has a senior assistant, ie Richardson, Walsh and, eventually, Voss, alongside him.

We should bring in Ratten.

• was alright at Carlton before they Carltoned
  • was good at St Kilda with a terrible list
  • had a long stint at the Hawks under Clarkson (maybe caught up in the current scandal?), where he was seen as a very good assistant

Hinkley seems to do well when he has a senior assistant, ie Richardson, Walsh and, eventually, Voss, alongside him.
I doubt club will waste money on an assistant for an already experienced coach. They seem to be trying to save coaching money rather than spend anyway.

I wouldn't mind a word in the shell-like of Mark McVeigh who walked from GWS after missing out on the senior job.

But I guess it could be awkward having two coaches in waiting 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During the AFLW off-season, Arnell is joining the men’s coaching group to work with the AFL side throughout the week as well as taking on a gameday role coaching the forwards in the SANFL program.

Certainly keeping her busy. That's a good transition role between the sanfl and AFL teams.

I don't have an issue with Arnell working in the mens program as well in terms of advancing her knowledge & experience etc. the question is whether they are cutting corners and filling a role on the cheap.

If we were a successful club would people even be questioning it?

I don't have an issue with Arnell working in the mens program as well in terms of advancing her knowledge & experience etc. the question is whether they are cutting corners and filling a role on the cheap.

If we weren't skimping on a coaching panel and upskilling her too no one would have an issue with it, but we are running a poverty coaching panel.

No we wouldn't. Our coaching panel is bog average and that's being kind.

What in the name of John Wayne's arse does Arnell bring to the side.?
Nothing personal but Is she going to add anything to the coaching side of this club that atm has absolutely nothing going for it.
This stinks like Koch has his finger prints all over it.
Imo it's all a publicity stunt for a club that is looking mediocre at best.

Chuck the whole football dept out, sack any board member who agreed to any hinkley contract extension over the last 10 years.

new coach brings in his own team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back