News Assistant Coach Discussion - Leigh Adams joining?

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
People listening to Griggs during the CH7 telecast would’ve been impressed with his account and knowledge of the game and players from both teams.
I think he could walk straight into an assistant coach role as he’s basically been doing it for a season. He’s a genuine and special club man which I’d underestimated pre 2017 and should be a must keep at the club.
Yes he's certainly a yapper with some insight to offer, very comfortable in front of camera spruiking!, be interesting to see how much he knows about footy strategy and it's implementation...
As much as I like Grigg and would hate to lose him to another Club I am always of the opinion that Club players ought to leave the nest and get out into the big world of footy and coach at another club to see how the other halves work their game strategy for experience before coming back into the fold!
But I'm happy to be proven wrong on this one...

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
The thing that any replacement for Blake will need to understand is that everyone at Richmond is being paid unders. Everyone has bought into the team first culture where they accept that they perform better when working with the best possible people around them. People leave for their own reasons and good luck to them. But if money alone is your key motivator, Richmond can't accommodate you.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
So if the Doggies don't have a 21 goal run against the Druggies next time they play, will Blake's appointment as ball movement coach be hailed a success?
my guess is there might be bigger fish to fry here. being one out and one back when woosher gets the heave-ho might just work well for him.

as for a replacement - matty knights?

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
People listening to Griggs during the CH7 telecast would’ve been impressed with his account and knowledge of the game and players from both teams.
I think he could walk straight into an assistant coach role as he’s basically been doing it for a season. He’s a genuine and special club man which I’d underestimated pre 2017 and should be a must keep at the club.
I sincerely hope he stays , can’t help but think he ll be lured away though , not that common for players to stick around post playing into coaching

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Blake committing career suicide and I’m not joking. What a silly man. Money can do all sorts of weird things to people.
Blake in 12 months time

D7F2D318-1ABC-4705-9E3A-E3E2B4EF3113.jpeg

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Blake committing career suicide and I’m not joking. What a silly man. Money can do all sorts of weird things to people.
Not sure about that. There's a fair chance he's sitting in the big boy chair at some stage during next season (If Woosha survives this year).

Bombers have plenty of talent on the list but he is a terrible coach.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Not sure about that. There's a fair chance he's sitting in the big boy chair at some stage during next season (If Woosha survives this year).

Bombers have plenty of talent on the list but he is a terrible coach.
Yeah I'd say their is a fair chance that the game has passed on by Whoosha...not sure if he would have a role to play in footy any more...

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
as i said earlier it may be more than money. dimma is settled in with us. woosha is far from that at essendon. should woosha not perform early in 2020 blake would be in a good position to grab the gig.

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
as i said earlier it may be more than money. dimma is settled in with us. woosha is far from that at essendon. should woosha not perform early in 2020 blake would be in a good position to grab the gig.
Woosha gone at the end of the year
Blake been promised the head gig
Next year ,that's why he left us
This plan has been hatched
A few weeks ago

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Threading what I’m hearing unlikely Blake will get or is interested in main gig rather Rutten or possibly an outsider

Yeah, he wont be a senior coach. At least till personal stuff changes. He does not need the added pressure to impact it. If that was not the case, he would not have knocked back the senior gig opportunity he has been offered before. Will be interesting to see how it plays out

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
should boot him before finals. not needed around the club if he's already decided he's ditching us for $$$

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Yeah, he wont be a senior coach. At least till personal stuff changes. He does not need the added pressure to impact it. If that was not the case, he would not have knocked back the senior gig opportunity he has been offered before. Will be interesting to see how it plays out
No offence and i love your insights but i dont think you should make any comment on Blakes personal life.
Just my opinion.

Back to the topic..
X Clarke would be the one i would promote internally.

Back