News Assistant Coach Discussion - Leigh Adams joining?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schlurp

All Australian
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Blake seems to have been made a Godfather offer and everyone at Richmond seems to have accepted it. It's annoying but everyone moves on. What seems to have been overlooked is that Blake has also taken a big risk in moving from a top four Club into a developing one. Leppa took his chance, albeit as head coach, and returned. There's no reason why Blake can't if it doesn't work out for him. I love what we are now doing in not burning bridges but offering our personnel chances to develop. Watch me melt though if Dimma gets poached.

Bojangles17

Hall of Famer
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd
AFL Club
Richmond
Blake seems to have been made a Godfather offer and everyone at Richmond seems to have accepted it. It's annoying but everyone moves on. What seems to have been overlooked is that Blake has also taken a big risk in moving from a top four Club into a developing one. Leppa took his chance, albeit as head coach, and returned. There's no reason why Blake can't if it doesn't work out for him. I love what we are now doing in not burning bridges but offering our personnel chances to develop. Watch me melt though if Dimma gets poached.
Well by not paying asst coaches a kings ransom it allows us to pay our senior coach what he’s worth .youd expect an extension likely next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JAKLAUGHING

Premium Platinum
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Not before me!!! ;) :rolleyes::D

Meteoric Rise

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
We’re last in clearance numbers.
When you say last in clearance numbers, do you mean in clearances won or the much more important clearance differential? And how does this compare with last year before Kingsley came? And remember, our starting midfield didn't miss many matches last year, whereas this year our midfield has been mostly missing key players. For a few matches it was devastated by absences.

Phar Ace

Premium Platinum
Feb 9, 2017
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Bullets, Firebirds
When you say last in clearance numbers, do you mean in clearances won or the much more important clearance differential? And how does this compare with last year before Kingsley came? And remember, our starting midfield didn't miss many matches last year, whereas this year our midfield has been mostly missing key players. For a few matches it was devastated by absences.
Agree, given our personnel challenges, i would be more interested in the trend than the overall figure.

Sir_Loin

Premium Platinum
Oct 20, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Just last in clearances.

I’ll give Kingsley some slack with the injuries we’ve had. It also appears that we don’t value clearances as we’re mostly a turn over team.

Problem will be when we play good clearance teams like the lions. if we don’t match them and they’re getting quick and clean ball into the forwards we’re in trouble. We can’t afford to be a one trick pony.

Phar Ace

Premium Platinum
Feb 9, 2017
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Bullets, Firebirds
Just last in clearances.

I’ll give Kingsley some slack with the injuries we’ve had. It also appears that we don’t value clearances as we’re mostly a turn over team.

Problem will be when we play good clearance teams like the lions. if we don’t match them and they’re getting quick and clean ball into the forwards we’re in trouble. We can’t afford to be a one trick pony.
Which is why the rucking choice is actually a bit of dilemma. Iirc we have improved clearance numbers with Soldo haven't we?

THE THIN MAN

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Just last in clearances.

Bojangles17

Hall of Famer
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd
AFL Club
Richmond
Which is why the rucking choice is actually a bit of dilemma. Iirc we have improved clearance numbers with Soldo haven't we?
I reckon we looked to be better in the cbd, was surprised at chol in front of him as his strength is around ground and i50 same as nank neither are great at ruck work , perplexed why you’d partner them but what would I know

TigerImposter

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
Abandoned toilets at Coburg Footy ground
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
People listening to Griggs during the CH7 telecast would’ve been impressed with his account and knowledge of the game and players from both teams.
I think he could walk straight into an assistant coach role as he’s basically been doing it for a season. He’s a genuine and special club man which I’d underestimated pre 2017 and should be a must keep at the club.

Last edited:

Top Bottom