News Assistant Coach Discussion - Leigh Adams joining?

The bummers better keep their stinking mitts off Peter Burge. They have just parted ways with their high performance manager.

Dave Misson landed anywhere yet?

Madison

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Dimma raves about Grigg's footy IQ, hopefully the club put him on in some sort of official capacity as a line coach or development coach. Though I'm of the school of thought that you should move clubs to get another look at things, but I just want to save all the best people for us.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Dimma raves about Grigg's footy IQ, hopefully the club put him on in some sort of official capacity as a line coach or development coach. Though I'm of the school of thought that you should move clubs to get another look at things, but I just want to save all the best people for us.
As much as I would like to have Grigg with his smarts around the Club, I would also like to see him go to another club for a look see to how it's done else where, and then get him back!
I want another fresh face and ideas around the club...get DMorris etc...

amc11

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
As much as I would like to have Grigg with his smarts around the Club, I would also like to see him go to another club for a look see to how it's done else where, and then get him back!
I want another fresh face and ideas around the club...get DMorris etc...

Judging from our form, club culture, and resilience since 2017 why would we need Grigg to see how it's done elsewhere - he has already been exposed to all facets of goodness that other clubs are desperately trying to mimic.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Judging from our form, club culture, and resilience since 2017 why would we need Grigg to see how it's done elsewhere - he has already been exposed to all facets of goodness that other clubs are desperately trying to mimic.
Well yeah!
In my book 'goodness' and new ideas do not exist in a vacuum, isolated from all else...
It's about learning and being exposed to new ideas...making mistakes, honing your skills, arguing your case, gaining experience, presenting a strategy, recognising talent...shifting and learning...
It's about avoiding being insular and staying with the tried and true for too long and becoming stale and outdated...it's all about being challenged...
Above all else it's about getting out of your comfort zone and learning discernment...gaining experience...
It would be naive to think that the RFC has all the answers...we were beaten in the PF, WCE won the 2018 GF...the footy world is in a constant state of transition..and really most of the coaches at the RFC have come from outside the Club...I would just prefer Grigg, if he was serious about becoming a senior coach, to go outside the club first...Dimma needs to be challenged by younger coaches with fresh ideas and energy...we need to be hungry not satisfied!

Last edited:

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Made a shock resignation from the Coburg job about five weeks ago bc he was offered a job by an AFL club. May hear more on BandF night this Friday. Will be a good pickup as he does love our style of game plan, but never had the cattle at Coburg to make it happen.
get Cleary on speed dial

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
He clearly dragged it in. The one where Prestia was pinged for HTB was outrageous as he had no prior opportunity imo. My mate reckons he took a step. I gave him a serve bc your feet can’t HB it if your arms are locked up before you have any prior opportunity to dispose of it. The clown was going for Brisbane bc he wanted a Tigers v Essendon elimination final. 😂 😂
Hearing former roo and coburg vfl coach Leigh Adams is about to join as an assistant
Might be the next coach of our VFL team and we promote Flybags to an AFL assistant coach role
Made a shock resignation from the Coburg job about five weeks ago bc he was offered a job by an AFL club. May hear more on BandF night this Friday. Will be a good pickup as he does love our style of game plan, but never had the cattle at Coburg to make it happen.
Heard weeks ago just after Norf appointed Shaw that Adams will be one of his assistants.

Good ol Isntrue the only rumours he has ever gotten correct are the ones that were reported by the Age an hour before he posts them on here.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Heard weeks ago just after Norf appointed Shaw that Adams will be one of his assistants.
We all thought Adams would go to North under the new regime. I never bothered looking into it bc I thought it was a given. Would have been great to have him a Tiger as his game plan is similar to ours and in 2017 he won a premiership at South Croydon against the odds like Richmond in the AFL using the Caracella style . He will slot straight into an assistants job.

Last edited:
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Does he favour similar style to ours TI ?, good wraps on him ? Assuming yes as there’d be no shortage of aspiring assistants interested in getting to punt rd

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Does he favour similar style to ours TI ?, good wraps on him ? Assuming yes as there’d be no shortage of aspiring assistants interested in getting to punt rd
Sure does, but it appears he’s off to North which were my original impressions five weeks ago. Would be awesome for us , so let’s hope isntrue is right on this one.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
We all thought Adams would go to North under the new regime. I never bothered looking into it bc I thought it was a given. Would have been great to have him a Tiger as his game plan is similar to ours and in 2017 he won a premiership at South Croydon against the odds like Richmond in the AFL using the Caracella style . He will slot straight into an assistants job.

Nothing official yet from Norf so we might be still in the frame.

Back