Rumour Assistant Coach Gossip

Remove this Banner Ad

On Tuesday I heard long time assistant and analyst Craig Jennings who had 2021 off and has been doing stuff on SEN was appointed as a GWS assistant coaxh, so thought, that means someone at GWS is leaving.

Didnt bother looking up who they had as assistants. I assume we have been talking to Kelly for a few weeks. I see Kelly is an analyst type assistant rather than a line coach or development type assistant. Edit bold bit not true, see my post in kelly's thread.

Last edited:

Chad's greatest achievement??

I'm not going to sit here and say Chad Cornes wasn't a superstar player. It's arguable at one point in his career he was going toe to toe with Adam Goodes as the best player in the competition.

But i'm not a fan of his other than that.

Im fine with chad as line coach, and the snippets I've seen of kelly talking and working with giants players I think he will be good. But like others have said Bass is just so so as a forward coach hopefully he gets better. But to say it's 2012 like is stupid.

Interested to see how Chad goes.
He seemed to have the Magpies pretty competitive when in charge.
Yes he does come across as arrogant at times, but just seeing vision of him as runner and on the sidelines he also acts like he is pissed off at times with what is happening on the field.
Hopefully this means he’ll have pretty strong views on how the backline will work.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My only hope with the coaching lineup is that they have actually hired an analyst.

No idea who he is or if he’s any good but if he is, he should make it very clear that our midfield and forward structures are terrible and back that up with data.

They need a ******* sports psychologist more than an analyst

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to see how Chad goes.
He seemed to have the Magpies pretty competitive when in charge.
Yes he does come across as arrogant at times, but just seeing vision of him as runner and on the sidelines he also acts like he is pissed off at times with what is happening on the field.
Hopefully this means he’ll have pretty strong views on how the backline will work.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
My worry about Chad is that as a player he didn't have a defensive bone in his body.

He'll be great for Aliir but it could be an all or nothing defensive system.

EDIT: Just read that he will be teamed up with Goldsack. That's probably a good balance

My worry about Chad is that as a player he didn't have a defensive bone in his body.

He'll be great for Aliir but it could be an all or nothing defensive system.

EDIT: Just read that he will be teamed up with Goldsack. That's probably a good balance
mmm... premiership CHB and AA?

I wonder how long Bass is contraxted for.
He sure won’t get poached at this rate when oppo teams see how our forward line malfunctions.
His missus wont leave SA, she didn't the 2 years he was an Essendon assistant, and the crows wont employ him, so he wont leave, unless some SANFL club can make him a godfather offer. Someone will have to sack him, which wont happen whilst covid is around.

Interesting to see who does the running duties now that Chadbro is defensive coach. Perhaps Goldy?

Interesting to see who does the running duties now that Chadbro is defensive coach. Perhaps Goldy?
Westhoff has done it for the odd game this year. If Hammer takes a job with the SANFL team maybe he will.

So bass is as terrible as ken apparently.

But Schofield who was in charge of our midfield that got obliterated in the prelim and was the single biggest reason we lost the game was the ducks nuts?

I seriously don’t get a lot of the sh*t I read on here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Since Schofield took the reigns in the midfield Boak became a runner up brownlow medallist, Wines won the brownlow and he turned Drew and Amon into competent pieces in our midfield rotation. He really didn't have a lot to work with and that's why everyone is so keen to get some midfield depth in the trade/draft period. For what he did work with I'd say Schofield did an excellent job.

So bass is as terrible as ken apparently.

But Schofield who was in charge of our midfield that got obliterated in the prelim and was the single biggest reason we lost the game was the ducks nuts?

I seriously don’t get a lot of the sh*t I read on here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have you seen our forward line for the last 5 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back