Assistant Coaches 2017 - Lade returns!

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually like the idea of Lade mentoring Jacko as a forward/ruck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It would let Clurey play too. Instead of making him more of a depth player.

I actually like the idea of Lade mentoring Jacko as a forward/ruck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's my hope too. He can make Lobbe a slightly better ruckman perhaps, but he's not going to make him become a better all round footballer. And structurally Lobbe doesn't fit with Ryder back in, so we want a back up ruck who can slot in comfortably in other parts of the ground, like Trengove.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When could we expect an announcement?

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's about this far away
images

Or maybe further.

Who knows.

By all the gifs, apparently Paul Newman knows!

The announcement of a new assistant was never going to be made during the trade period.
You need to keep the media running when there is nothing else to talk about. Hopefully we will announce when the draft talk has cooled.

You need to keep the media running when there is nothing else to talk about. Hopefully we will announce when the draft talk has cooled.
No need to deflect anything away from the media & supporter backlash over the crows non trade, "organic list development" debacle. Let's wait, let Reid & Fages maranate to tender a bit longer & announce it in a month for some added spice.

Can you imagine cRowie's first question? "Josh/Stewie/Brett what do you think of Carlton's stand in not trading Bryce Gibbs to Adelaide? What a joke! You have to agree their pig-headedness was gigantic. Adelaide's offer was fair and what about the lad being separated from his family? They're just a bunch of arseholes. Carlton can go and get stuffed!!! *sob sob sob* You take over Bicks"

The way we have traded, I really doubt that our club has any coaching prospect worth spuiking. We are at 'laidley skype' levels of ineptitude ATM.

How would you have traded if your were Cripps or Davies? We went into a trade period with one early draft pick and ended up with 4 in the top 30 or so. The club said they wanted draft picks prior to going in and that is exactly what they did. For anyone to say we failed in this trade period, well then they have no idea. The key now will be to get our coaching structure as it should be and develop these young players as well as extracting the best out of some of those players who underperformed this past season.

How would you have traded if your were Cripps or Davies? We went into a trade period with one early draft pick and ended up with 4 in the top 30 or so. The club said they wanted draft picks prior to going in and that is exactly what they did. For anyone to say we failed in this trade period, well then they have no idea. The key now will be to get our coaching structure as it should be and develop these young players as well as extracting the best out of some of those players who underperformed this past season.

We also traded a future first round pick, which has to taken into account as another high pick that we've given up as it is most likely to be somewhere in the 7-12 range for picks 19 and 30. That is not a good deal!

If you started with picks 19 and 30 and went through every club from picks 1-18 trying to upgrade to a first rounder, I don't think you would get any realistic interest until maybe pick 13. So while Cripps' draft points calculator may have a "breakeven" of pick 8 (i.e. finish 11th), the real world "breakeven" is much closer to pick 13 (i.e. finish 6th), which is very optimistic based on our last two years.

The clubs we traded with also had the following picks available at the time:

Brisbane: 16 and 19
Gold Coast: 22, 24, 26 and 30

We took the picks in bold, instead of holding out for a better deal!

Our second deal was ok, but the first one was an absolute shocker, regardless of whether you agree with the strategy or not. Ultimately, we sold our 2017 first round pick for massive unders because we couldn't trade out our deadwood!

From the CEO -

We will invest in the development of our leadership, skills and approach to the game. We welcome Brendon Lade back, and will announce more structural change soon.

If it's already sorted why not mention it, what's the hold up?

Like this from KT's email today

We will invest in the development of our leadership, skills and approach to the game. We welcome Brendon Lade back, and will announce more structural change soon

Perfect summary...We keep HH with a huge kick up the bum and put the rest on notice. keep Arch who has enormous upside and he now has to deliver and Lobbe ...well he is there as a ruck backup, like it or not and possibly Lobbe can improve under Lade. Get games out of Ryder, Monfries, White, Polec etc and we will improve. An improved approach, want, hunger, selfless attitude and if all players improve the output by 5% each we can improve and will improve.
Now what has been done to get 2x1st rounders, 2x2nd rounders in the draft allows us the approach of 'draft and develop'. I see this as an exciting time and look forward to the next young bunch coming in who can grow with Ollie (next Capt) Chad, Jarman I, DBJ, Dougal, Logan A, Tom Clurey, Hombsch, Polec etc. This is a good time for the PAFC and IMHO can set up a sustainable strategy into the future.
In closing, surprise, surprise Graham Cornes you are a dill... scoring PAFC 2/10 compared to Fruit Tingles 4/10...clearly runs in the family for sheer stupidity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back