Assistant Coaches 2017 - Lade returns!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all for giving Lobbe a chance to prove he can play multiple positions at AFL level but I do hope it is something he earns.

Like gifting him games through preseason-early AFL rounds just to see if it works and then abandoning midway through the season is just terrible management. If it doesn't work in training and SANFL games, then don't bother with it in the AFL.

Not mythical, he actually exists.
giphy.gif

Jackson this morning - during the match sim, lead out from FF and cluncked a mark then went back and slotted it post high (albeit Alberton Post high) from 50m.

IF, he can do that as he is resting up forward - he will be a massive weapon!

Jackson this morning - during the match sim, lead out from FF and cluncked a mark then went back and slotted it post high (albeit Alberton Post high) from 50m.

Shades of 2010 when he filled in for Tredders.

Great to hear this info.

I have really high hopes for Jacko this year.

Serious AA player.

Great to hear this info.

I have really high hopes for Jacko this year.

Serious AA player.

:thumbsu:

Bloody legend Jacko. Honestly, I think he has his limitations. If all our players had his guts, his passion, his will though, we would be a damn scary proposition.

Jeez I can't wait for footy to start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now this I'd like to see

Any more tidbits Boxx? I've been starved of news on my man Hamish this season. How is he looking?

Wingard Dixon Monfries
Young Trengrove Impey

As a forward line certainly has a good mix and structure on paper

Hombsch and Austin to hold down defence key posts

Ryder to play 90% ruck, swapping w Trengrove a few minutes a quarter

That gives the side a great balance across the park

Westhoff on a wing

:thumbsu:

Bloody legend Jacko. Honestly, I think he has his limitations. If all our players had his guts, his passion, his will though, we would be a damn scary proposition.

Jeez I can't wait for footy to start.
The real strength of any player is to play to their limitations...that is a strength. Jacko does that and i have always felt he is a player that does take a very good pack mark... he clunks them and while his kicking style is awkward he is in fact quite an accurate kick. I for one am pleased he is being groomed to play fwd/ruck. Not withstanding we know he can play key defence if required.

What excites me about Jacko is he looks to be actually focusing and training as a forward - to me, what ever he puts his attention to he exceeds at!

We needed a CHB - he becomes a rock and JC medallist
We needed a back up ruckman to chop out an in form Lobbe - he ends up turning and winning games for us.
We needed a #1 ruck - well, we all know how great he was

Now, he is concentrating on his forward craft - and from what I have seen over the pre season... he will be an absolute nightmare for oppo defences to cover him AND big D!

Wingard Dixon Monfries
Young Trengrove Impey

As a forward line certainly has a good mix and structure on paper

Hombsch and Austin to hold down defence key posts

Ryder to play 90% ruck, swapping w Trengrove a few minutes a quarter

That gives the side a great balance across the park

Westhoff on a wing
Thanks Richo... Care to quit St Kilda and come back to Port?

This will go down the wrong way and prefacing this with I love them both but I hope we don't turn Trengove into Westhoff.

I've seen him at FF and it's nothing to be enthused about, maybe with training he will become an adequate forward I don't ever see him being a good one but we don't need him to be. However it's his 8th season, minimal high B+F finishes, his best position we don't want him playing and he's proven to be the jack of all trades master of none thus far. If he plays forward all year and tried to go back it would be over two years since he played back. Could end up playing 250 games despite never being in our top 5 for a season and not being below 10th just because of positional changes and being played where needed not where best suited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back