Assistant Coaches 2017 - Lade returns!

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss to director of coaching huh is that the murmur? what's that the new pathway shunt to join Shart at the Academies this time next year.

I guess we will find out how tarnished Choco's brand is, surely with several AFL jobs on offer he would be a candidate?, if Gubby Allan gets banned and Balme has the shits and goes back to Richmond it opens the door at the wobblers or Brisbane with a low expectations level and younger list

Doesn't seem like Voss will be moved on, weren't we all wanting him out!? Hocking and player delistings to date seem like easy ones, will interesting to see where it goes from here. Hopefully it isn't wash rinse and repeat....

It's possible that the movements of Voss and Hart may be into positions where they can excel. Just because things haven't worked out in one role, it doesn't mean they won't do well in the next.

It's possible that the movements of Voss and Hart may be into positions where they can excel. Just because things haven't worked out in one role, it doesn't mean they won't do well in the next.

Agreed. I think the academies role for Hart could actually be a very good move.

Voss to director of coaching huh is that the murmur? what's that the new pathway shunt to join Shart at the Academies this time next year.

Shunt to the Shart Academies.

Why does everyone seem to think Voss is the problem? He probably isn't as tactically gifted as Walsh was in his role before him but I don't think he is the major problem at all. There were times during the year where we were losing nearly every hit out but our clearance numbers were pretty good, and overall the midfield hasn't performed as well as it should've due to injuries and our captain and vice captain both being horribly out of form. The midfield I almost put in the same category as our defence as an area where we did as best we could with what we had.

I think the problems have nearly already been addressed, Shaun Hart was never the right replacement for Alan Richardson who was perfect for that director of coaching role and he and Kenny were a great match. It was unfortunate we only got 1 year of that partnership. To think for a brief moment we were heading into the 2014 season with Ken the senior coach, Richo the director of coaching and Walsh in charge of the midfield, that was a dream team.

If we are backing Kenny in for next year, we need to find someone suitable for that director of coaching role, who can assist Kenny with overseeing the whole shebang because it has become apparent that he needs this.

I also have question marks on Nicks as a forwards coach. I thought this was the area where we really let ourselves down this year. Our entire forward structure just never seemed right to me. With the likes of Dixon, Westhoff, Wingard, and Robbie Gray floating around a forward line I thought this should've been the area where we excelled at, but it was the biggest disappointment in the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood release 2 coaches.
Ben Hart (defence coach) and Steve Grace (forwards coach) will be released from their contracts from Collingwood.

unlikely, but Grace as our forwards coach?

We should become mongrels like Hawthorn and go and steal a couple of their assistants seeing as we gifted them plenty of people involved in our 2004 flag.

The one I would pinch is David Rath, the only one who has been there since Clarko got there and Clarko appointed. Don't know who he is? well then do a bit of digging, I mentioned him in my post of a couple of months ago when I went thru every Clarko assistant. Listen to the Hawks players and they mention him every now and then. OneGreatClub might help you out.

Oh and I've said it before, but I'd pinch back Andrew Russell who Clarko pinched off us, 3 or 4 weeks after he got the gig at the Hawks.

We should become mongrels like Hawthorn and go and steal a couple of their assistants seeing as we gifted them plenty of people involved in our 2004 flag.

The one I would pinch is David Rath, the only one who has been there since Clarko got there and Clarko appointed. Don't know who he is? well then do a bit of digging, I mentioned him in my post of a couple of months ago when I went thru every Clarko assistant. Listen to the Hawks players and they mention him every now and then. OneGreatClub might help you out.

Oh and I've said it before, but I'd pinch back Andrew Russell who Clarko pinched off us, 3 or 4 weeks after he got the gig at the Hawks.

I fully agree, but can we realistically afford it?? We were easy pickings back then because even though we were successful on field we weren't financially stable off it. The Hawks would surely be more than able to match anything we could offer!?

Collingwood release 2 coaches.
Ben Hart (defence coach) and Steve Grace (forwards coach) will be released from their contracts from Collingwood.

unlikely, but Grace as our forwards coach?

Haha Steve Grace, he used to be my yr 12 PE teacher and school footy coach down at CBC Stkilda here in Melbourne. Good bloke but we can do better!

I fully agree, but can we realistically afford it?? We were easy pickings back then because even though we were successful on field we weren't financially stable off it. The Hawks would surely be more than able to match anything we could offer!?
Can we afford not to? Gotta go and speak to them and offer them a big enough challenge as well as pay packet. This is where Koch and co have to work their magic. If an assistant coach is making $200k then if we offer $350k might get the job done. We wont move on Russell, Burgo is safe, but we should on Rath.

If people are romanticising about Lade coming home, I'm going to romanticise about Choco being our next Director of Coaching.

The PAFC is his home, he is too good to not be at a footy club. Of course, I don't think it will happen and nor do I think it would work.

But still... He is the son of Fos

absolutely agree but seriously, Director of Coaching to Director of Academies? the Board won't be getting any awards for the former appointment!

If people are romanticising about Lade coming home, I'm going to romanticise about Choco being our next Director of Coaching.

The PAFC is his home, he is too good to not be at a footy club. Of course, I don't think it will happen and nor do I think it would work.

But still... He is the son of Fos

Was thinking this the other day.
He's the logical choice for director of coaching, not sure if he's mellowed enough to allow Ken room to do his thing though.

I'm very biased though, I'd have Stephen as the forwards coach and Jenny as the psychiatrist.

Was thinking this the other day.
He's the logical choice for director of coaching, not sure if he's mellowed enough to allow Ken room to do his thing though.

I'm very biased though, I'd have Stephen as the forwards coach and Jenny as the psychiatrist.

Spot on, I don't think Choco deals well with not having free reign.

But then again, his coaching record speaks for itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back