Coaching Staff Assistant Coaches 2017-18 - Dan Jordan (VFL coach) appointed to forward line - 12/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Bluey on The Footy Panel

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-08-14/the-footy-panel-ep-24

-Adelaide just a grade above
-Turned the ball over coming out of defence-catches you out of position
-McGrath did a great job on Eddie
-Clearances is about connection. Not enough continuity. Finding consistency around the personnel
-Stewart is great at getting up the ground and being the guy delivering into the forwards
-Hartley left out because they think Ambrose offers a bit more flexibility. Hartley is working on his attacking side but has ways to go. Hartley doesn't have the tank to go with the good forwards.
-McGrath has good legspeed and makes great decisions and should be starting the summer training with the midfield group. Compared his first year to Jaegers first year.
-Bellchambers is a possibility for the weekend
-Francis and Begley are competitors.
-Compared Begley to Dane Swan

Bluey on The Footy Panel

-Clearances is about connection. Not enough continuity. Finding consistency around the personnel
-Stewart is great at getting up the ground and being the guy delivering into the forwards
-Hartley left out because they think Ambrose offers a bit more flexibility. Hartley is working on his attacking side but has ways to go. Hartley doesn't have the tank to go with the good forwards.
-McGrath has good legspeed and makes great decisions and should be starting the summer training with the midfield group. Compared his first year to Jaegers first year.

giphy.gif

Bluey on The Footy Panel

This as well :)

Ooga Booga
Yep, big call.

He sounded pretty confident that Woosha was going to give him for the midfield group. He actually sounded a bit frustrated because of the lack of legspeed in our midfield which I think everyone could see all year. McGrath will definitely assist there.

Yep, big call.

He sounded pretty confident that Woosha was going to give him for the midfield group. He actually sounded a bit frustrated because of the lack of legspeed in our midfield which I think everyone could see all year. McGrath will definitely assist there.
If anyone other than Bluey had said it you'd think it was clickbait or trolling. Even as it is it's making me slightly black cat/walk under a ladder superstitious :p

If anyone other than Bluey had said it you'd think it was clickbait or trolling. Even as it is it's making me slightly black cat/walk under a ladder superstitious :p
Not really. I was never on the Jaeger bandwagon like most.

I rate McGrath higher and I have said all year that I believe he can be a top ten player.

Not really. I was never on the Jaeger bandwagon like most.

I rate McGrath higher and I have said all year that I believe he can be a top ten player.
It's not so much not rating McGrath, more that O'Meara was built up as some sort of messiah and then he got badly injured and is barely playing VFL at this point. Not a path I really want McGrath to follow!

It's not so much not rating McGrath, more that O'Meara was built up as some sort of messiah and then he got badly injured and is barely playing VFL at this point. Not a path I really want McGrath to follow!
Other than Ridley and Laverde we have been blessed this year. Crow has been a massive success in keeping the kids on the park.

I think playing McGrath as a defender is a real weapon. He wasn't saying he was as good as O'Meara. He was saying that he's second to him as far as best first year players he's been involved in. According to Bluey O'Meara was on another level.
I was taking Killer_Mike's post at face value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think playing McGrath as a defender is a real weapon. He wasn't saying he was as good as O'Meara. He was saying that he's second to him as far as best first year players he's been involved in. According to Bluey O'Meara was on another level.

I think you best go back and watch the video. Guys words were"he wouldn't be far off Jaeger".

Dean Solomon midfield coach next year to replace mckenna??.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back