Coaching Staff Assistant Coaches 2017-18 - Dan Jordan (VFL coach) appointed to forward line - 12/11

Remove this Banner Ad

He looked really impressive in the box on the weekend and threw some things around. Getting the Gold Coast to show up for 3 qtrs instead of a half is a win.

We should've jumped on bringing Caracalla back to bomberland he's been amazing for the tiges.
And when he was at Geelong. Very successful resume. We should definitely get him in with a view to coach after Worsfold.

Woosha regarded Pete Sumich pretty highly at the end of the suns presser. He would be an excellent senior assistant

Kelly as defensive coach please.
Midfield and Forward coaching has been fine.
Our defense has been a ******* sieve.
You're joking yeah? Midfield is our biggest weakness by far.

If we make the finals they've succeeded.
If we don't, sack the lot of em, top down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like that's more so because of personelle.
Stange. Our defense cops more inside 50's than just about any other team and yet we are pretty good at defending against that ongoing barrage.

I feel like that's more so because of personelle.
Our defense does fine, perhaps if you went under the minefields defensive side you could me more correct ant555 has pointed out some of the issues.

Our midfield doesn't put enough pressure on opposition when we don't have the ball, or things aren't going to plan, the opposition seem to get a lot of repeat inside 50 kicks, and often with little pressure from the midfield.

Our kids are great when we have the ball and things are going to plan, and we are attacking but it is the core of where out issues lay IMO

Would love to see us pick up one of the recent retirees.

I think Boyd would make a great coach one day and he could do his apprenticeship here.
Rumours spiraling that he'll be captaining Frankston next year in the VFL

Just wanted to pop in and say that Paul Corrigan is as impressive a development coach as we have had. Has a really good grip on where players/ the group is at and a strong conection with each player individually.

Matty Egan was very good for our VFL team, lets not talk about the two former AFL players in that role before hand but Corrigan has impressed me immensely. Still only young in coaching terms but he has taken every step in his coaching journey in his stride. Think he could one day coach an AFL side. Has something about him

Just wanted to pop in and say that Paul Corrigan is as impressive a development coach as we have had. Has a really good grip on where players/ the group is at and a strong conection with each player individually.

Matty Egan was very good for our VFL team, lets not talk about the two former AFL players in that role before hand but Corrigan has impressed me immensely. Still only young in coaching terms but he has taken every step in his coaching journey in his stride. Think he could one day coach an AFL side. Has something about him
Yep, I like him.

I think the connection between the VFL side and the senior team is as good as it has been for a long time.

Ditching Bendigo is paying dividends.

He's been good; although I would say that Egan was better last year so far.

Not comparing the two at all, simply saying he has been very impressive thus far.

You could argue the core at Egan's disposal was much better than that of Corrigan's this year
I would honestly argue the opposite. I do agree he's been impressive however

Egan had much better depth across the park last year, Corrigan has much better top end talent at his disposal this year
Hm. I think Corrigan's defence has had more talent and their midfield's are relatively even, and the same forward. That's why I think he's got better talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back