Coaching Staff Assistant Coaches 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

**PINNED POST**

2020 Coaching Structure
Senior coach
John Worsfold (thread)
Senior assistant coach and team defenceBen Rutten (thread)
Assistant coach – midfield and attack Blake Caracella
Assistant coach – forwardsDan Jordan
Assistant coach – backline James Kelly
Assistant coach – stoppages Mark Harvey
Development coach and VFL head coachMark Corrigan
Development coach and VFL backline coachLeigh Tudor
Development coach and VFL midfield coachCam Roberts

Last edited by a moderator:

Who’s available? Do you have a preference?
I'd have looked at someone like Brett Deledio or Kieran Jack or Richard Douglas. I really liked the idea of getting Jarrad McVeigh but he has a coaching job at Sydney.

I'd have looked at someone like Brett Deledio or Kieran Jack or Richard Douglas. I really liked the idea of getting Jarrad McVeigh but he has a coaching job at Sydney.

Fair enough, good nominations. McVeigh would’ve been exceptionally good.

Fair enough, good nominations. McVeigh would’ve been exceptionally good.
I'm looking for someone who can do a similar job to Goodwin when he first came into the role. Someone fresh from playing, has had success and fresh ideas to add to the group.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
“On behalf of the football club, I want to thank Hayden for his significant contribution to Essendon during his 11 years as both a player and coach,” Richardson said.

“Although it is sad to see Hayden leave, it is a great opportunity for him at Collingwood in a more senior role.

A more snr role? So it's an upgrade?

Interesting spin

“On behalf of the football club, I want to thank Hayden for his significant contribution to Essendon during his 11 years as both a player and coach,” Richardson said.

“Although it is sad to see Hayden leave, it is a great opportunity for him at Collingwood in a more senior role.

Interesting spin
Right. :think:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 11.26.38 am.png

He's taking over from Tarkyn Lockyer I think? Lockyer was the Head of Academy, boss of the VFL coaches and academy coaches and other coaching assistants other than the senior coaching staff (Bucks and his four assistants).

I don't know whether that's like being a senior assistant at Essendon or more like a parallel version of what Dan Richardson does? Is it administrative management or an actual coaching role? :shrug:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
So who's in charge of which line now?

Woosha: Head Coach
Truck: Team Defence
Harves: Back Line
???: Midfield
???: Forward
Caracella: Opposition Analyst
Pops: Development
M Corrigan: 1st to 3rd year players
Dan Jordan: VFL

Is Kelly moving into midfield coaching? Who are we getting as forward?

Don't think Caracella is Opposition Analyst, he's not a direct replacement for Harding's role.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
A summer clean out on all fronts...coaches and players...good and about time !!! Too many people at this club have stayed a little too long.....new people, new ideas.....it has to happen......we need things to happen....15 yrs and counting since our last finals win.....change is inevitable and desperately needed......the only one left is Dodoro....anyone I missed ??
The Doc.

Interesting spin
Refused to get "onto the bus" because there weren't any seats left at the front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back