Prediction Assistant Coaches 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want Geelong or Sydneys backline coach. It just seems every time they bring someone into the team they look a superstar in the making ie) Alir Alir and Tom Steward, Jack Henry

Perhaps that is just as much about talent identification as it is development

Being better sides overall also helps

Perhaps that is just as much about talent identification as it is development

Being better sides overall also helps

I think our defence just needs to be fit and get some cohesion. Weitering Marchbank Jones Macreadie Plowman Docherty Williamson Cuningham Garlett Byrne Jack as options look good to me. A Sam Collins would be a handy addition

Last edited:

I think our defence just needs to be fit and get some cohesion. Weitering Marchbank Jones Macreadie Plowman Docherty Williamson Cuningham Garlett Byrne Jack as options look good to me. A Sam Collins would be a handy addition

Why do we need another big in the back half? I’m not sure Collins is what we should be looking at.
IMHO, As long as Macreade, Williamson, Plowman, are injury free long term and they go with Marchbank & Weitering, we have this area covered.

Why do we need another big in the back half? I’m not sure Collins is what we should be looking at.
IMHO, As long as Macreade, Williamson, Plowman, are injury free long term and they go with Marchbank & Weitering, we have this area covered.

I'm just going on rumours. I do think we need a "lock down" big bodied defender for the next year or so at least whilst other develop. Rowe may stay. Depth is just as important as best 22

I'm just going on rumours. I do think we need a "lock down" big bodied defender for the next year or so at least whilst other develop. Rowe may stay. Depth is just as important as best 22
Good point, you should start a thread about it.

Would love one, two or preferably all three of Caracella, Bassett and Mitchell as assistants.

Would also like to see a senior Head of Football department to oversee things and mentor Bolts.

Would DESPERATELY love to dislodge a development coach from Sydney. It's honestly remarkable how many rookie/late round/no-names they turn into rock solid players - Aliir, Ronke, McCartin, Papley, Sinclair, Rampe, Lloyd. Someone up there is doing something very right with their development.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody needs to see the AFL equivalent of this.
giphy.gif

Last night Judd said there would be little (read if any) movement amongst our coaching staff, and that the new head of football was the focus.

Juddy knows what he's doing.

A good head of football is very important to us and will hopefully overhaul and improve our strength and conditioning as well as medical departments which imo has been the main problem with our season.

Our game plan and overall results would be far better if we actually had our best players on the park with continuity, plus those players being fit and strong, not looking small and unfit.

Very possible our players just haven't been able to execute our gameplan like in the third quarter Vs gc due to these factors.

If that third quarter is how our coaches are trying to get us to play, I'm onboard with them.

Last night Judd said there would be little (read if any) movement amongst our coaching staff, and that the new head of football was the focus.
If we don't call time on John Barker's tenure at the end of this season, I think some serious questions need to be asked about how he got those photos of MLG with that Goat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back