Prediction Assistant Coaches 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we have a party when Barker goes, I'll bring the Mrs Mac's. What will you bring to the Barkers gone party?
I want him to move on but will not celebrate in the spirit of bagging him gone.
He is a good bloke that should have finished up with us maybe 18 months back.
I got no ill feeling towards him, just thought a change of thinking in coaching group of long timers was overdue at start of season.

Not sure if Teague and pyke got on at Adelaide but if they did he would make a good director of coaching person. Really good strategist type.

Not sure if Teague and pyke got on at Adelaide but if they did he would make a good director of coaching person. Really good strategist type.
No thanks. Reckon Teague would have stayed if he thought Pyke was any good, plus his body of work at Adelaide didn't really indicate a good strategist.

This Director of Coaching post - What exactly is it?
Isn't the Head of Football (Lloyd) overseeing matters that relate to coaching, amongst other football matters?

I don't like having one system and then redesigning it mid-stream.
If this Director of Coaching post does have merit, it should have ideally been dealt with along with Teagues appointment, or at least expressed to Teague that this was the way of future for the club.

How much did Walls as mentor, help Bolton? Not much it seems upon reflection and results.

Anyway, still seems to me that we have the system and chain of command all wrong.

This Director of Coaching post - What exactly is it?
Isn't the Head of Football (Lloyd) overseeing matters that relate to coaching, amongst other football matters?

I don't like having one system and then redesigning it mid-stream.
If this Director of Coaching post does have merit, it should have ideally been dealt with along with Teagues appointment, or at least expressed to Teague that this was the way of future for the club.

How much did Walls as mentor, help Bolton? Not much it seems upon reflection and results.

Anyway, still seems to me that we have the system and chain of command all wrong.

Hawks just picked up Bolton as D.O.C. Just job titles really, getting quality people in to share the workload is the end goal.

Hawks just picked up Bolton as D.O.C. Just job titles really, getting quality people in to share the workload is the end goal.

I know and I understand to a point, but just not a fan of manufacturing roles for the express purpose of getting 'good people' into the system.
The system has to be in place, in the first instance.

Could you imagine Bolton grilling Clarkson over his 'methods'? :)
So what exactly is this overseeing role supposed to be - Director of Coaching?
You can't be called the director when you're directing jack-s**t. Doesn't make sense.

I know and I understand to a point, but just not a fan of manufacturing roles for the express purpose of getting 'good people' into the system.
They system has to be in place in the first instance.

You can't be called the director when you're directing jack-s**t. Doesn't make sense.

I think it's about helping the coaching staff perform to their maximum. Observe, suggest alternatives, coach the coaches. If you are caught up in your own 'line', cohesion between others might be lacking. I'm not sure it's a necessary role, I doubt it hurts a club though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His relationship with Don Pyke is rumoured to be one of the reasons he left. Teague wanted his forwards to play a certain way and Pyke told him to instruct him to play another way

Could be a bit of trouble maker, this Teague fella...what do we know about him?
Same came about with BB didn’t it..?

He won't have the same issue again, as it's largely his to control now, although he should allow some slack for the forward coach taking over his role.
Teague clearly wanted small, dangerous forwards and didn't see that coming about via the ones he was handed over. Can't blame him, actually.
Should I mention that video again, going back to February this year? :)

55 second mark.

The system has to be in place, in the first instance.

Was an existing position in the system, but has been unfilled since Fagan went to Lions in October 2016. With us losing more staff this year there will be new assistants and support staff to be supervised. Clarkson seems to have good rapport with BB, as he did with Fagan. Didn't have such a smooth relationship with our Cat supporting ex CEO and * supporting President.

He won't have the same issue again, as it's largely his to control now, although he should allow some slack for the forward coach taking over his role.
Teague clearly wanted small, dangerous forwards and didn't see that coming about via the ones he was handed over. Can't blame him, actually.
Should I mention that video again, going back to February this year? :)

55 second mark.

Needs to grow the beard again.

How about Danny Del-Re for foward line coach :)
Joking (probably :D)

Happy for Cam Bruce to stay on at the club, was very highly rated by Clarko and the Hawks when he worked there.

Andy Collins would be a left field choice as an senior assistant coach, done a brilliant job guilding the standalone Seagulls into the VFL Grand Final.

I want him to move on but will not celebrate in the spirit of bagging him gone.
He is a good bloke that should have finished up with us maybe 18 months back.
I got no ill feeling towards him, just thought a change of thinking in coaching group of long timers was overdue at start of season.
Respect ff78:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I don't rate the bloke and I want it on record.

Campo was inducted into the Carlton Hall of Fame and in his speech on the night he sounded like he had regrets about leaving Carlton.
They all do ... afterwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back