Prediction Assistant Coaches 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Juddy knows what he's doing.

A good head of football is very important to us and will hopefully overhaul and improve our strength and conditioning as well as medical departments which imo has been the main problem with our season.

Our game plan and overall results would be far better if we actually had our best players on the park with continuity, plus those players being fit and strong, not looking small and unfit.

Very possible our players just haven't been able to execute our gameplan like in the third quarter Vs gc due to these factors.

If that third quarter is how our coaches are trying to get us to play, I'm onboard with them.

Hard to judge how good they are. Same for Bolts. Not sure we could have done much more this year. What we did see on the weekend was as soon as we started winning some ball a lot of things fell into place. The players seem happy and united which is a massive plus. I think most if not all will be at the club next season.

Focus should be on fitness/medical not the coaching IMO

Maybe he's got those photos of Jack shirking a contest?

rolling.gif

If we don't call time on John Barker's tenure at the end of this season, I think some serious questions need to be asked about how he got those photos of MLG with that Goat.

Isn't he moving into more of an administrative/strategic role rather than being a hands-on coach? Sure I read that somewhere...

I'm not sure we'll be moving anyone else on, given most are relatively new to the club anyway. Hard to judge them given the shitstorm of injuries that have hampered development across the board.

If we're just looking to replace Barker, then Caracella would be a great pickup. Not sure Mitchell comes to us, as it would be better for his development to spend time with an experienced coach rather than one like Bolton who is still learning. Collingwood, Richmond, Geelong and North Melbourne more likely destinations for him. I'd add Essendon to that list but I'm not sure he'd be interested after his injection-sledge a couple of years back.

Isn't he moving into more of an administrative/strategic role rather than being a hands-on coach? Sure I read that somewhere...

I'm not sure we'll be moving anyone else on, given most are relatively new to the club anyway. Hard to judge them given the shitstorm of injuries that have hampered development across the board.

If we're just looking to replace Barker, then Caracella would be a great pickup. Not sure Mitchell comes to us, as it would be better for his development to spend time with an experienced coach rather than one like Bolton who is still learning. Collingwood, Richmond, Geelong and North Melbourne more likely destinations for him. I'd add Essendon to that list but I'm not sure he'd be interested after his injection-sledge a couple of years back.

Yes B_B

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/club/about-us/executive-and-staff

Head of Strategy and High Performance - John Barker
Senior Assistant Coach - Cameron Bruce
Assistant Coach - David Teague
Assistant Coach - Dale Amos
Assistant Coach - Tim Clarke
Assistant Coach - Sav Rocca
VFL & Development Coach - Josh Fraser
Development Coach - Shane Watson
Development Coach - Brent Stanton
Development Coach - Jason Davenport

Dont think theres any need for knee jerk reactions after the season weve had .
For obvious reasons weve struggled with players having lacked continuity to play at their best .

Club has stated they would like to consolidate the playing list with not too many changes i agree .
Just as much as players need continuity to play their best in the pressure cooker of senior AFL footy coaches need their players fit to able to impart their messages to full effect .

That hasnt been possible this year due to a mountain of injuries .
We were very stingy to play against the last 2 years with a settled backline and not as many injuries .
When we lost Cripps and Ed last year we only succeeded in winning once after losing them but were still in many games and maybe should have snagged another win or two .

Why CONTINUITY .
Weve had a lot of assistant coaches go in and out of the club over the last few years .
I think it would be counter productive to make wholesale changes again .
Only ones i would look are Mitchell for obvious reasons and an experienced person to fill Neil Craigs vacated position .

Too do otherwise imo is only making changes to appease disgruntled supporters and factions and Cookie Monster .

Maybe look towards to the medical/conditioning staff if you would like heads to roll..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like to see if we could get Ratten back as head of Strategy and Performance, like a sorry we knifed you but please come back sort of offer, maybe he still sees himself as a blue at heart?

Also trial Mitchell as a stoppage coach, at the very least he would have a lot to teach our young mids particularly SPS who shares a lot of Sams attributes.

Hard to judge how good they are. Same for Bolts. Not sure we could have done much more this year. What we did see on the weekend was as soon as we started winning some ball a lot of things fell into place. The players seem happy and united which is a massive plus. I think most if not all will be at the club next season.

Focus should be on fitness/medical not the coaching IMO
Why not both? Its not like its either / or.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like to see if we could get Ratten back as head of Strategy and Performance, like a sorry we knifed you but please come back sort of offer, maybe he still sees himself as a blue at heart?

Also trial Mitchell as a stoppage coach, at the very least he would have a lot to teach our young mids particularly SPS who shares a lot of Sams attributes.

Looks like WC are playing hardball on Mitchell.

https://www.outline.com/35gfcR

FURIOUS West Coast will attempt to keep prized assistant Sam Mitchell to his coaching contract next season.

Mitchell, 35, wants to return home to Melbourne for family reasons at season’s end with two years remaining on his current deal.

Bolts is well looked after in that regard. Doesn't need anyone else.

Glad to hear Bolton has counsel he can seek - if it's independent and outside of the club, that's not a bad thing either, although that individual, I assume, does not have insight into the day-to-day running of the club, or the function of the coaching group. The perspective of a 'personal mentor' in this context differs from what many believe the club has lacked since Neil Craig's departure.

What I think those on the outside see, real or perceived, is the lack of a 'mentor' for the entire coaching group, a coach of the coaches, if you will. Some might say we don't need this, and perhaps that's true - but the feel to me is that Craig's skillset was a unique one: the combo of wise old head during the week, and tactician on matchdays, was never going to be easy to replace... but I think this is where the call for a more 'senior' assistant stems from.

An interesting tid bit that i read in the last few days. All assistant coaches must be informed if they won't be required next season by August 1. Meaning we will probably hear news next week if anyone is getting the chop.
Maybe it's why we're hearing is on the way out now

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wouldn't work for Bolts, having a favoured son so close.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back