Prediction Assistant Coaches 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll help. Name me 5 notable achievements he’s delivered in his entire tenure with us? And no, turning up to work isn’t one and passing a level 4 course isn’t either.

That's poor. How do we know? Some people on here are deadset against him. That's okay but I would hope there would be a some good reasoning or facts behind it

I’ll help. Name me 5 notable achievements he’s delivered in his entire tenure with us? And no, turning up to work isn’t one and passing a level 4 course isn’t either.

One could just as simply turn this on its head, and ask you to name five reasons why Barker should go, or five things he should've done better, or five areas where he's failed to meet his goals and targets, etc. One could ask your question of all of our assistants, or any assistant in the league, for that matter.

That's rhetorical, of course. How would any of us know? How would anyone on BigFooty, without some club contacts, or friends in high-contact positions in footy, know how well (or poorly) Barker is doing, or what the club has asked of him, and to what extent he has delivered (or failed to)?

He might be doing a terrific job, be held in very high regard, and indeed be highly sought-after elsewhere - or he might be miserably out of his depth - but how does anyone here know, or how could they? If anyone does have some genuine insight, please share.

I find all of this back seat assessment of assistant coaches hard to fathom, and suspect most of it is borne of some misconception, assumption, prejudice or agenda, and very little in the way of facts.

The thing with Barker is that he has been with us for a long time...and we haven't got any better. Whether he's partly to blame; who knows.

He is obviously held in high regard at the club, but sometimes a change (for him and us) is as good as a holiday..

Fresh faces, fresh ideas..couldn't hurt.

I am sick of seeing the same ideas that not worked time and time again with our team and as he is a senior assistant I can only assume he has a big say in that. The same tall backline persisted with for well over a year with no apparent adjustment until injuries removed so many of them they could no longer play so many at once. Nick Graham a mid only that does well at VFL level as mid, continually played more as a forward when in senior. No ******* change. Two rucks despite failed way more often that not, brought back when two of them fit at same time. Even if they are not his ideas if he is not challenging those things to stop, what the * is he doing ?

None of those questions any of us can know as we not there but as the longest serving guy, * it , fresh ideas, fresh ideas, lets get some... Thanks Barks...good luck elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Go on, you’re defending him, list 5. List 3 even. Name them.

I'm not defending him at all. Like I said I don't know if he's any good or not but a lot in the football industry rate him. Why else would GWS be chasing him?

I'd just like to know why the anger towards him from some in here? Do they know or have seen him in action?

Listening to Cain Liddle speak at the pre game function before the dockers game on the weekend he was asked if there would be heavy assistant coach changes this post season.

His view which you take with a grain of salt due to the forum was that after 3 years of list upheaval and also a lot of a new assistant coaches they would like some stability.

I am sick of seeing the same ideas that not worked time and time again with our team and as he is a senior assistant I can only assume he has a big say in that. The same tall backline persisted with for well over a year with no apparent adjustment until injuries removed so many of them they could no longer play so many at once. Nick Graham a mid only that does well at VFL level as mid, continually played more as a forward when in senior. No ******* change. Two rucks despite failed way more often that not, brought back when two of them fit at same time. Even if they are not his ideas if he is not challenging those things to stop, what the **** is he doing ?

None of those questions any of us can know as we not there but as the longest serving guy, **** it , fresh ideas, fresh ideas, lets get some... Thanks Barks...good luck elsewhere.
WOW
I didn’t realise he had this many responsibilities.
See ya Barks, stuff it let’s burn a cross on his front lawn, I’m off to get my pitchfork.

WOW
I didn’t realise he had this many responsibilities.
See ya Barks, stuff it let’s burn a cross on his front lawn, I’m off to get my pitchfork.

From two years ago when Craig left....from an Age article

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-in-coaching-restructure-20171122-gzqkvl.html

"appointed to work alongside senior coach Brendon Bolton as head of strategy and performance in the wake of Neil Craig's departure as coaching director.

In his new role, Barker will drive the football program's strategic direction and manage the department's growth areas."

I got the kerosene can. Wait for me...lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back