Prediction Assistant Coaches 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Liddell, Lloyd and Russell are all aggressive and progressive decisions made swiftly after our annus horribilus, 2018 was dismal by any standard. Coaching has to be next and final piece of the puzzle, it will be done just as swiftly if required.

Yes Prima facie Walls is senior mentor coach, but I have a gut feel assessment and evaluation of coaching staff may just be part of the brief.
I think if one really wishes for coaches blood then thats the way one is bound to view it. Myself I don't agree at all. I would hazard a guess that Walls is there for wisdom and experience and some old Carlton spirit. Not to operate the guillotine.

You truly think that someone who's been out of the game for 20 years has been brought in to decide on our coaches' fates? Ahead of Lloyd and Liddle? He has a very minor voluntary role to provide some support, nothing more.
My take on it as well.

I know 99% of you will probably flat out reject this, but Hird mentioned on the weekend that he wouldn't rule out a return to coaching.

Do you think we should sign him up as an assistant coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know 99% of you will probably flat out reject this, but Hird mentioned on the weekend that he wouldn't rule out a return to coaching.

Decent bump. I’m calling head high.

I can’t take this post seriously. I’m predicting a lot of pain.

Ignoring the obvious scum response for the sake of discussion, for what role? Good players don't necessarily make good coaches. In fact a lot of them don't. Too much of the game came too instinctively to them. Hird proved himself below par tactically at Essendon too.

He was always more of a figure head than a coach. On pure coaching contribution he'd not add much at all.

Ignoring the obvious scum response for the sake of discussion, for what role? Good players don't necessarily make good coaches. In fact a lot of them don't. Too much of the game came too instinctively to them. Hird proved himself below par tactically at Essendon too.

He was always more of a figure head than a coach. On pure coaching contribution he'd not add much at all.

From what I recall of his coaching a few years ago, he had Essendon performing pretty well, especially considering their average list at the time. I am not sure how much of that was due to the injections v his actual coaching. I could be wrong though, but I thought they were top 4 contenders approaching the mid point of the season until the wheels fell off and they limped home in a couple of the years he had them.

As for which role, i dunno.

EDIT:

Seems I wasn't too far off the mark.

2012 -
2012.PNG

2013 -
2013.PNG

Last edited:

WTF! o_O

iss_4911_00266.jpg

off the charts avatar to post congruence........

have you heard of the concept of "club culture"? thoughts?

From what I recall of his coaching a few years ago, he had Essendon performing pretty well, especially considering their average list at the time. I am not sure how much of that was due to the injections v his actual coaching. I could be wrong though, but I thought they were top 4 contenders approaching the mid point of the season until the wheels fell off and they limped home in a couple of the years he had them.

EDIT:

2012 -
View attachment 646684

2013 -
View attachment 646688
Tactically he got beaten, solidly. Think their wins in 12 and 13 have too many ** next to them to be used as a way to judge his coaching ability.

EDIT:

2012 -
View attachment 646684

2013 -
View attachment 646688
He had them performing well because he pumped them full of performance enhancing drugs!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back