Prediction Assistant Coaches 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

So i guess Watson wasn't really rated realistically.

Started out as Assistant coach - Forwards, then after 2 years was demoted to Head of Development...2 years after that he's moving on, likely being replaced by Luke Power.

Bit surprised there hasn't been more talk of assistant coaches coming or going. Teague needs to be replaced.

What's happening with barker?

Not sure if he's been mentioned on here pr not but Caro on 3AW last night said Scott Camporeale was on shaky ground at Adelaide.

Was highly rated a couple of years ago - wonder if he'd be welcomed back at Carlton and if there is a role for him ??

Not sure if he's been mentioned on here pr not but Caro on 3AW last night said Scott Camporeale was on shaky ground at Adelaide.

Was highly rated a couple of years ago - wonder if he'd be welcomed back at Carlton and if there is a role for him ??
Incendiary comment. I like Scott but duck for cover “Incoming!”

No!

I think Campo has managed to piss quite a few people off at Adelaide. I don't think his personality would cut it at coaching level at our club.

Campo has been one of those that has reputedly fallen out with the Crows playing group, I wouldn't be too keen on getting him across.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got an opinion on Craig Jennings?

Was a strategy coach at Melbourne (I know, I know... Melbourne). Previously worked at Dogs and essendon. Is apparently very intelligent and highly regarded.

Has ambitions to one day coach his own AFL side and for now looking for a gig at VFL level.....northern blues? I get the feeling he won't stay around forever, he will chase a senior gig at some point. But that may be a while away and I am happy to have coaches hungry for success.

Was a strategy coach at Melbourne (I know, I know... Melbourne). Previously worked at Dogs and essendon. Is apparently very intelligent and highly regarded.

Has ambitions to one day coach his own AFL side and for now looking for a gig at VFL level.....northern blues? I get the feeling he won't stay around forever, he will chase a senior gig at some point. But that may be a while away and I am happy to have coaches hungry for success.
If he can build a house I’m in.

Jennings has a good rep over the past decade. But i dunno if it will continue. I don't know a lot about him besides that he was flavour of the month when Melbourne started going well last year and the scribes were looking for a reason why, as not many think Goody has much of a clue.

I've heard him speak at length twice and i found him boring as batsh*t both times. Theory overload.

Gut feel, and gut feel only, is that he has missed his tiny window of opportunity for a decent gig ie Senior Assistant or even VFL Coach. Coaching seems to have quickly turned heavily relationship based.

He wants to get to the next stage, but i reckon he needs to be content with backstage boffin type.

As i say though, just gut feel off a small sample size. And if he did turn up as NB's coach, i'd go in with an open mind.

Pass on Campo. Reckon there are better candidates out there than him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back