Prediction Assistant Coaches 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Josh Fraser seriously get another year?
reckon you'd have to say he has been underperforming.......not like there's been a revolving door of players at the nbs.......

There were rumours that he was taking a role with the AFL, but nothing official.
Barker was supposed to be heading a coaching academy, overseas I believe, with Ben Dixon and Angelo Lekkas. Of which the AFL were going to pour money into. This after taking a year off with the family.
Not sure what has changed, perhaps the AFL has reneged on the idea.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I forgot Josh finished his career at Gold Coast, how long has he been coaching the NBs anyway? Oh wait just saw it on Wikipedia, since 2016.. so 4 years now, 13th, 9th, 12th, 10th. Not overly inspiring..

To be fair, I don't think the Blueants have had close to the resources and personel that Richmond's VFL team or the Box Hill Hawks, in that time..

Not saying Fraser is above criticsm, but I think he Has done play, given all the variables and list management and injuries the NBs have copped in that time.

I will be upfront and admit I don't watch the Blueants/VFL as much as I like, but I sincerely believe JF deserves at least one more season in charge.

Hopefully we get more young kids develop and progress in the VFL next year (that is more important to me than wins in that tier of competition tbh)

To be fair, I don't think the Blueants have had close to the resources and personel that Richmond's VFL team or the Box Hill Hawks, in that time..

Not saying Fraser is above criticsm, but I think he Has done play, given all the variables and list management and injuries the NBs have copped in that time.

I will be upfront and admit I don't watch the Blueants/VFL as much as I like, but I sincerely believe JF deserves at least one more season in charge.

Hopefully we get more young kids develop and progress in the VFL next year (that is more important to me than wins in that tier of competition tbh)

Northern Blues!

Agreed, and there's been parts where they've played good footy and pushed for finals before falling away. Having said that, there have also been concerns about disunity too. Hard to tell what's up.

Little bit underwhelming that Barker and Fraser remained

Also it's hard to judge them from the outside, but Bruce is a relatively inexperienced coach who previously coached midfield and now coaching our forwards...will he be able to get the best out of them? I wouldn't be surprised if Teague has a more hands on approach to this line, seeing it's his former domain.

Stanton also an inexperienced coach upgraded from development coach to midfield & transition.

One other thing hampering Frasers coaching efforts at least last year was I presume being forced to play Lobbe Phillips and a developing Dekoning in the same side .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Barker and Fraser continuing, can only assume the available coaching talent is very thin on the ground.
Guess Rome wasn’t built in a day, Liddle will roll out Papley Martin and Betts and all will be forgiven in the short term ...

A bit more depth along with the further development of the players missing out (LOB, Dow, Fisher etc) + Luke Power’s input should give Fraser more tools to show his wares. He’ll have his own love it or list moment with the CFC this year.

How on earth have you come to that conclusion?

He has the highest accreditation possible, has interviewed for senior roles elsewhere (and at Carlton). You'd never see someone stay at the same employer for that long when they've hit a ceiling like that, footy or elsewhere. Just doesn't happen.

He has the highest accreditation possible, has interviewed for senior roles elsewhere (and at Carlton). You'd never see someone stay at the same employer for that long when they've hit a ceiling like that, footy or elsewhere. Just doesn't happen.

Next year will be Barker's 14th in the AFL coaching system.

Regardless of what some may think of him on the outside looking in, you simply do not last that long in the system if he is not rated by those who would know what he brings to the table.

Ironman29 also reporting diminished responsibilities next season.
With his accreditation, if he had somewhere else to go ... he’d go.

Next year will be Barker's 14th in the AFL coaching system.

Regardless of what some may think of him on the outside looking in, you simply do not last that long in the system if he is not rated by those who would know what he brings to the table.

As an assistant? Disagree, plenty of hangers-on....

With Barker and Fraser continuing, can only assume the available coaching talent is very thin on the ground.
Guess Rome wasn’t built in a day, Liddle will roll out Papley Martin and Betts and all will be forgiven in the short term ...

Seems like Longmuir was the only senior assistant sounded out. Odd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back