Coaching Staff Assistant Coaches 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

**PINNED POST**

2020 Coaching Structure
Senior coach
John Worsfold (thread)
Senior assistant coach and team defenceBen Rutten (thread)
Assistant coach – midfield and attack Blake Caracella
Assistant coach – forwardsDan Jordan
Assistant coach – backline James Kelly
Assistant coach – stoppages Mark Harvey
Development coach and VFL head coachMark Corrigan
Development coach and VFL backline coachLeigh Tudor
Development coach and VFL midfield coachCam Roberts

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard from a few ITK that there has been a view that he puts on too much weight in the gym :drunk:)

Really? That hardly even makes sense...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting change in roles, instead of Crow heading up s&c and rehab, we now have dual roles.
* I hope we get this right.

Our ability to get talent in the door is not an issue, our ability to get them up to speed and hardened for AFL footy has been nothing short of putrid.

Shapes as a huge addition for Dodoro’s reputation and Worsfold’s legacy

Bombers assistant quits, set to join Collingwood
Daniel Cherny
By Daniel Cherny
November 11, 2019 — 3.15pm

Lea
Essendon assistant coach Hayden Skipworth is poised to join Collingwood, informing the Bombers of his resignation on Monday - the first day of Bombers' pre-season training.
Former Essendon and Adelaide player Skipworth, who has been at the Dons for a decade in a variety of roles, will head to the Pies to take up a role heading the club's academy.
Hayden Skipworth.

Hayden Skipworth.Credit:Sebsatian Costanzo
Skipworth, 36, is likely to replace Tarkyn Lockyer, who is leaving the Holden Centre to replace Luke Power as head of the AFL academy. Brisbane Lions champion Power joined Carlton's coaching staff earlier this season.
Skipworth's decision leaves the Dons down a key assistant coach late in the piece. Skipworth had been responsible for the Essendon midfield in 2019 but had been poised to return to the forward line.
The Bombers have however gained highly-rated Richmond assistant Blake Caracella, and top VAFA coach Cam Roberts, who also has experience at AFL NT.
Skipworth's departure comes almost two months after the coaching handover between Ben Rutten and John Worsfold was announced.

How ******* dare they steal our coaches! And on the first day of pre-season too, right when everything has been planned out. AFL should step in to stop this

The only important thing to take from this article is quoted below, ignore anything after this.
At least he admits when he *s it up. I agree with about 20% of what he says but I do not mind him. He puts it out there and he owns it when it is wrong.

Apparently he walked in to preseason told everyone and left. Not a good look at all

Not ideal. Must have had an issue with the new direction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back