Coach Assistant Coaches at Western Bulldogs .. James Hird and or Mark Thompson?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bevo is an experienced established Premiership coach now - should James Hird and/or Bomber Thompson be considered in any of these vacant Assistant Coach positions at the Western Bulldogs?
Is that you Scrag????

Oh, Aker you funny bastard. You've done it again...

jonstewart-dailyshow.gif

On a serious note, I honestly wouldn’t be against Hird despite disliking him. Would be bad press for a bit but after that I do think he genuinely could make a positive contribution

Bevo is an experienced established Premiership coach now - should James Hird and/or Bomber Thompson be considered in any of these vacant Assistant Coach positions at the Western Bulldogs?
I think we give Pete Doherty a chance

Who would you prefer, a guy implicated in drug trafficking, or a guy implicated in a systematic doping regime?

I miss Gia.

I prefer A Coach - not someone who made a mistake .. pardon me champ

Newest - NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet has just appointed Michael Coutts Trotter the husband of Tanya Plibersek as NSW Secretary of Premier

Coutts Trotter was jailed previously over Drugs

Why should Western Bulldogs not forgive?

No way to Bomber. He went down a very dark path at his time in Geelong way before supplements scandal. He was so far down he then blamed the scandal on his downfall. Still bitter and has a long way to go to sort himself out before helping others.
Would love to see Hird. He made mistakes and some of them were not owning them all. But sounds like he is going good. His players liked him, he is a winner and would love to bounce back. Imagine how much Bomber fans would hate to see him help us win a flag?
Why not Al Clarkson as an assistant for a year whilst he thinks about what he’s doing? It would be great for him to remain in the game, at a top end club, without the pressure. Before he goes to Tasmania or the Goldie. And great for our young squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way to Bomber. He went down a very dark path at his time in Geelong way before supplements scandal. He was so far down he then blamed the scandal on his downfall. Still bitter and has a long way to go to sort himself out before helping others.
Would love to see Hird. He made mistakes and some of them were not owning them all. But sounds like he is going good. His players liked him, he is a winner and would love to bounce back. Imagine how much Bomber fans would hate to see him help us win a flag?
Why not Al Clarkson as an assistant for a year whilst he thinks about what he’s doing? It would be great for him to remain in the game, at a top end club, without the pressure. Before he goes to Tasmania or the Goldie. And great for our young squad.

How many Premiership's did Bomber coach ? - what did God an Jesus say about forgiveness - turn the other cheek - etc etc

Newest - NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet has just appointed Michael Coutts Trotter the husband of Tanya Plibersek as NSW Secretary of Premier

Ha ha - you are serious! I thought you were joking. Have you ever heard of PR?

* those cheating aunts. * that club.

I have no problem with recreational drugs but those two are not even good blokes.

How many Premiership's did Bomber coach ? - what did God an Jesus say about forgiveness - turn the other cheek - etc etc
I would be more than happy to forget and forgive both, no problems. But poor old Mark is still not healthy yet. Not a good option around young men, James seems to be. If you want to talk about a football brain who has so many flags at the lower levels you can’t go past Mick McGuoine(don’t know how it spells), it was his gambling issue that held him back I think.

I think Coutts-Trotters resurrection to a wonderful human story. However the parallels to Hird/Thomson are not relevant in the private industry of AFL.

The clubs finances rely on ‘good stories’ that potential and current members can grasp on to and commit to in the form of memberships if one is able to.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with Hird. He was a scapegoat for the AFL. I'd welcome him. Smart and will do whatever it takes to win.
The only place this logic makes any sense is if he had absolutely no idea what was going on, which I don't believe was the case but am happy to be proven otherwise.

Anybody that knew what was going on and did nothing to change it should never hold a senior role in football ever again.

What about Simon Goodwin? He was all about the good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back