Coaching Staff Assistant Coaches 2017-18 - Dan Jordan (VFL coach) appointed to forward line - 12/11

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel we really need to work on our transition defence. We are always extremely vulnerable when we turn the ball over.

Agree, our team transition into defensive structure after we give up the ball is poor. The tigers attack in numbers when they have the ball but are the best in transition hence why they’re probably going to go back to back.

I thought our backline was fine after Neeld left, it’s the midfield/forwards transition that needs improvement to be a top 4 team next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rutten’s role will include overseeing the entire team’s defensive output, while continuing to develop the side’s strong brigade of key-position players.

“I’m going to be looking after the team’s defence and also going to be spending some time with the key-position players – not only the defenders, but also the forwards as well – and hopefully get some growth out of them,” he said.

“Mark Harvey’s still going to be working with the defenders, but I’ll be looking at the team’s overall defence starting from the full-forward line right through to the last line of our defence.”
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-11-16/ruttens-fresh-challenge

Looks like Neeld's role has been replaced with a 'team defence/KPP' coach.

Harvey still the line coach for defence, this guy is looking at the whole team's defending.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back