Assistant Coaches - Forwards line coach and opposition strategy coach to move on at the end of 2019

ant555

The Oracle
May 4, 2004
lurking in the shadows of the matrix
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers
Do everything in your power to get team over the line??? Eeeek hello Dank, hello Warner and Australian cricket team??? Hello storm and salary cap saga?

What we need is a vision. And everyone’s position opened to interview to be employed if they fit that vision Similar to 76ers ‘trust the process’ not ‘whatever it takes’.
Hello Luke Hodge , Joel Sellwood , Alister Clarkson, Damian Hardwicke, our 2000 premiership side.
The players and coach had nothing to do with the Storm running two books and cooking the accounts. They have proven since that they have the right program in place to be at the top end year in and year out. To bring players other clubs had given away into their system and turn them around.
Doing everything it takes is a figure of speech. Everyone plays their role and sacrifices for the team. I am insulted that you think I would consider cheating as an option.
As for the 76ers. Have the won a championship yet with a trust the system approach ? I the process is only 5 or so years old but the have not been super strong in the play offs so far and have not looked close to getting to the last dance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yaco55

Hall of Famer
Jul 25, 2007
hong kong
AFL Club
Essendon
Well if it's likely we have a new coach in 2020, then it's redundant to discuss assisant coaches as the head cach will bring in their own team.

Fin ice Smuggler

Club Legend
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Hello Luke Hodge , Joel Sellwood , Alister Clarkson, Damian Hardwicke, our 2000 premiership side.
The players and coach had nothing to do with the Storm running two books and cooking the accounts. They have proven since that they have the right program in place to be at the top end year in and year out. To bring players other clubs had given away into their system and turn them around.
Doing everything it takes is a figure of speech. Everyone plays their role and sacrifices for the team. I am insulted that you think I would consider cheating as an option.
As for the 76ers. Have the won a championship yet with a trust the system approach ? I the process is only 5 or so years old but the have not been super strong in the play offs so far and have not looked close to getting to the last dance.
76ers won a finals series this year and just lost Toronto courtesy of a miracle of god... that’s 15 years ahead of Essendon?

Luke hodge and Clarko were subsidiaries of Kennets vision of professionalism. Kennet made clarko better who made hodge great.

Hardwick needed Ben Gayle, wasn’t too long ago tigers were playing home games at cairns and were questioning Hardwick. Hardwick had no game plan B, had Riewoldt questioning his game plan of slow and defensive. Ben Gayle sacked his assistants got Leppitsch back, got Rutten and the biggish fish in Neil Balme. Tigers changed game plan to getting ball forward and working for each other to make others better.

Selwood is different and was a first year kid who stood up before cats became good. He’s more in line with your discussion but still it was Brian Cook that set the vision for Cats to thrive under the leading teams vision to sit down with one another to tell home truths about how everyone could get better to help the team get better.

Last edited:

ant555

The Oracle
May 4, 2004
lurking in the shadows of the matrix
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers
76ers won a finals series this year and just lost Toronto courtesy of a miracle of god... that’s 15 years ahead of Essendon?

Luke hodge and Clarko were subsidiaries of Kennets vision of professionalism. Kennet made clarko better who made hodge great.

Hardwick needed Ben Gayle, wasn’t too long ago tigers were playing home games at cairns and were questioning Hardwick. Hardwick had no game plan B, had Riewoldt questioning his game plan of slow and defensive. Ben Gayle sacked his assistants got Leppitsch back, got Rutten and the biggish fish in Neil Balme. Tigers changed game plan to getting ball forward and working for each other to make others better.

Selwood is different and was a first year kid who stood up before cats became good. He’s more in line with your discussion but still it was Brian Cook that set the vision for Cats to thrive under the leading teams vision to sit down with one another to tell home truths about how everyone could get better to help the team get better.

Talk about totally missing the point.
Are you saying the CEO of each club got the players on board with playing their role o_O:oops:

It does not matter how they got there the point is their systems are about playing your role for the team and having a hard edge about their footy. It is what we do not have.

As for the 76ers. Yes they won a finals series but they have not won a championship . Until they do you can not put them in the same boat as Geelong , Hawthorn or Melbourne Storm.

If you think we do not need a harder edge and a more ruthless approach to team footy which was what my original comment was about then you are simply wrong.!:)

So I say again maybe we need a leadership coach who knows about taking the next step and has worked in a system that is prepared to do what it takes within the rules.
If we just stick to the process we will meander along for another 15 years.

Fin ice Smuggler

Club Legend
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Talk about totally missing the point.
Are you saying the CEO of each club got the players on board with playing their role o_O:oops:

It does not matter how they got there the point is their systems are about playing your role for the team and having a hard edge about their footy. It is what we do not have.

As for the 76ers. Yes they won a finals series but they have not won a championship . Until they do you can not put them in the same boat as Geelong , Hawthorn or Melbourne Storm.

If you think we do not need a harder edge and a more ruthless approach to team footy which was what my original comment was about then you are simply wrong.!:)

So I say again maybe we need a leadership coach who knows about taking the next step and has worked in a system that is prepared to do what it takes within the rules.
If we just stick to the process we will meander along for another 15 years.
Nope

Howard Moon

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon

Lore

Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
what he failed to mention was Bags was trailing his man both ways - he wasn't making an option, he was following his man, and losing that battle
He picked up Walla’s opponent after Walla picked up Heppell’s. Heppell left his opponent behind in the midfield and shot up the ground to get to that contest and then spread into the left-side flank along with someone else, neither of whom were used.

Not sure if that’s what he was supposed to be doing though.

Duckworth

Peptide Awareness
Oct 8, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

eth-dog

Premium Gold
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
When I read the title, I was saying to myself please be the Corrigans (but truthfully I have no clue about what they do).

Let's hope this is as good as a mid-season Neald sacking.
Paul is the forwards coach
Mark is in charge of the first to third year players.

I'm hoping they're not the last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mercurial89

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
We will know mostly who's here and who's not this month as the deadline is fast approaching.

Interesting that we will be a strategy person down and an opening in coaching the worst third of our team.

I'm with eth-dog get onto Roughy's management now.
I wouldn't have any idea where to start sounding out opposition analysts though, what type of credentials are you looking for, is the role needed?

Lore

Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
We will know mostly who's here and who's not this month as the deadline is fast approaching.

Interesting that we will be a strategy person down and an opening in coaching the worst third of our team.

I'm with eth-dog get onto Roughy's management now.
I wouldn't have any idea where to start sounding out opposition analysts though, what type of credentials are you looking for, is the role needed?
There’s a couple of podcasts I listened to a while ago one with Rob Harding and one with the guy who used to work at north and Hawthorn I think. I posted the cliffs a few pages ago but they’re definitely needed. They’re the ones that watch our opponents and take notes so we can plan for what they get up to. I think they watch 3-4 games every week..? From memory. Harding is also our team offence coach.

I’m wondering if Skipworth goes back to the forward line and we bring in a new mids coach. He was good with the forwards a few years ago.

Top Bottom