Coaching Staff Assistant Coaches 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

**PINNED POST**

2020 Coaching Structure
Senior coach
John Worsfold (thread)
Senior assistant coach and team defenceBen Rutten (thread)
Assistant coach – midfield and attack Blake Caracella
Assistant coach – forwardsDan Jordan
Assistant coach – backline James Kelly
Assistant coach – stoppages Mark Harvey
Development coach and VFL head coachMark Corrigan
Development coach and VFL backline coachLeigh Tudor
Development coach and VFL midfield coachCam Roberts

Last edited by a moderator:
We will know mostly who's here and who's not this month as the deadline is fast approaching.

Interesting that we will be a strategy person down and an opening in coaching the worst third of our team.

I'm with eth-dog get onto Roughy's management now.
I wouldn't have any idea where to start sounding out opposition analysts though, what type of credentials are you looking for, is the role needed?

With an all new coaching panel next season will definitely be one of adjustment. Woosha will have to be given more time to assemble the right team.

Nah more like hail Mary throw get it right or your out.

Next would be Harvey and Skipworth along with Crow and the fitness department

I don't think fitness department need to know before end of season.
It's assistants that are required to be told before 1st August

I think you have to declare coaches retaining by 1st August
What a silly timeframe. You should be able to announce post season. Hopefully we only retain Kelly and Rutten in their respective roles. Harding is a bit of a blow.

We will know mostly who's here and who's not this month as the deadline is fast approaching.

Interesting that we will be a strategy person down and an opening in coaching the worst third of our team.

I'm with eth-dog get onto Roughy's management now.
I wouldn't have any idea where to start sounding out opposition analysts though, what type of credentials are you looking for, is the role needed?
There’s a couple of podcasts I listened to a while ago one with Rob Harding and one with the guy who used to work at north and Hawthorn I think. I posted the cliffs a few pages ago but they’re definitely needed. They’re the ones that watch our opponents and take notes so we can plan for what they get up to. I think they watch 3-4 games every week..? From memory. Harding is also our team offence coach.

I’m wondering if Skipworth goes back to the forward line and we bring in a new mids coach. He was good with the forwards a few years ago.

What a silly timeframe. You should be able to announce post season. Hopefully we only retain Kelly and Rutten in their respective roles. Harding is a bit of a blow.

I think it was to not disadvantage coaches involved in finals.

It's a good rule for a bit of job security for the assistants.
Would suck to be caught unaware at the end of the season with no way of getting your affairs in order for life after that season.

There’s a couple of podcasts I listened to a while ago one with Rob Harding and one with the guy who used to work at north and Hawthorn I think. I posted the cliffs a few pages ago but they’re definitely needed. They’re the ones that watch our opponents and take notes so we can plan for what they get up to. I think they watch 3-4 games every week..? From memory. Harding is also our team offence coach.

I’m wondering if Skipworth goes back to the forward line and we bring in a new mids coach. He was good with the forwards a few years ago.

Yeah sorry I wasn't really clear, I get that the opposition analysis role was needed but it kind of seems he had taken up a bigger role within our team focusing on gamestyle and strategy development.
Do we need another of those or is this another one of those jobs that can be distilled down into simpler roles?
If not what types do you look to tap for those roles?

I don't mind a large football department clean out. We need some continuity though.

Would love to keep Kelly and Rutten, I'm ambivalent on Woosha. From accounts I've heard Harvey has done a great job with defenders but maybe he’s been around long enough.

I'd like an overhaul of the strength/conditioning/fitness department. I get the feeling we went from cowboy on the edge then way too conservative as a result from the saga. Let's just get people in who are well credentialed that don't have any of that hanging over their heads.

I hope there is a thorough review from the board of our CEO down. It should have already been happening and if not, should commence immediately.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next would be Harvey and Skipworth along with Crow and the fitness department
I'm hoping those changes happen would also tell Dodoro to clean out his office but he's been promoted so no chance of that happening.
Don't even now why we need Harvey just have Rutten as back line and team defence coach

Tulla with B4L in the big chair;)

giphy.gif

going to be highly sought after soon you would think. I know its his first year but if he has the aspirations.
If he isn't hired this year we should talk to Woosha and set it up as early as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back