News Assistant Coaches Speculation and News - Xavier Clarke joins

Remove this Banner Ad

go re read my post and the context it was posted in, it has nothing to do with that. I was merely pointing out that Bolton is unproven.

Every time you've said "i have a good feeling about this game" this year we have gone and got smashed... Now you've just jinxed us and we are going to have a s**t year, thanks Baz :mad:

Unproven in what context? Winning a flag? Winning a final? Dimma is as unproven As Bolton in that context.

At least Bolton has a clear game plan and has them playing the right way. So in that sense he has picked up on the game trends and implemented a plan to meet it. Dimma might have had it once. But if you can't pick a trend after 7 years in the system and a first year rookie coach can then i reckon that proves one is ahead of the other. And it ain't Dimma

Unproven in what context? Winning a flag? Winning a final? Dimma is as unproven As Bolton in that context.

At least Bolton has a clear game plan and has them playing the right way. So in that sense he has picked up on the game trends and implemented a plan to meet it. Dimma might have had it once. But if you can't pick a trend after 7 years in the system and a first year rookie coach can then i reckon that proves one is ahead of the other. And it ain't Dimma

Take off those anti Hardwick glasses for a minute :p

I am not talking about Hardwick now or saying he is a proven coach. I am responding to a poster who said that "at least carlton has a decent coach" I'm arguing that we don't know that yet. Dimma also had us playing better footy in his first few years, and then after that he got conservative and stubborn, who is to say Bolton won't go down a similar route??

I've seen people here say (not you) we improved under Hardwick because we couldn't fall any further and the only way we could go was up and yet the Blues show a bit of improvement and suddenly bolton is a great coach?

Take off those anti Hardwick glasses for a minute :p

I am not talking about Hardwick now or saying he is a proven coach. I am responding to a poster who said that "at least carlton has a decent coach" I'm arguing that we don't know that yet. Dimma also had us playing better footy in his first few years, and then after that he got conservative and stubborn, who is to say Bolton won't go down a similar route??

I've seen people here say (not you) we improved under Hardwick because we couldn't fall any further and the only way we could go was up and yet the Blues show a bit of improvement and suddenly bolton is a great coach?

You have to look at the way they play. The wins aren't there yet but you can see what they're trying to do. Hardwick? I have NFI. The comparison the previous poster was making was to Hardwick and when you didn't differentiate I took it as you following through with that comparison.

I'm not specifically anti Hardwick. I would have supported a one year extension when they extended him. I didn't see a need for 2 years but I was in for him to be at at the club next year. Trust me mate I would rather be sitting here gloating about how good Hardwick is but I was completely shocked at the fall away this year. The last game against Sydney should have everyone worried about next year.

Balme is there and closer to it than anyone so I'll just have to trust him.

Every time you've said "i have a good feeling about this game" this year we have gone and got smashed... Now you've just jinxed us and we are going to have a s**t year, thanks Baz :mad:

I have a feeling in a few days you're going to have a great weekend.

go re read my post and the context it was posted in, it has nothing to do with that. I was merely pointing out that Bolton is unproven.

Dare I say, are you saying the year will now be a Natural Disaster ?........:p

Disappointed in how Chocco had slagged off the club after his non resigning .I think he's just shitty because he thinks he should be coaching GWS .He has bagged every club he has been at .
Poor form after the club helped him out when he had his illness .

He seems kinda of bitter every time he is sacked or not selected for a role. Very unprofessional, he should acknowledge and accept the club's decision especially our bad season. He should take some accountability and move on.

He seems kinda of bitter every time he is sacked or not selected for a role. Very unprofessional, he should acknowledge and accept the club's decision especially our bad season. He should take some accountability and move on.
Indeed. And how was a Head Coach going to demand results from a bloke that was once his Premiership Coach and very likely his mentor. Here is a bit of food for thought...14 players have filled the Top 10 over the last 3 years...our Super 5...Miles, Grigg, Edwards, Houli, Chaplain, Morris (all mature age's)...Ellis, Grimes and Tigger. Not a lot of development as I see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back