News Assistant Coaches Speculation and News - Xavier Clarke joins

Remove this Banner Ad

The appointment of Caracella would have me think twice about letting some of these 1st rounders like Vickery go

I always thought that our foward structures were sh!t, Who knows how they might perform under a different structure and game plan

Maybe hold off pulling the trigger atm

He will be ours if he does not get the lions job which i think he wont. God we need him. I believe we will be all about run and pressure next year, he will be integral to that with the IP he could bring.

Seriously disagree with you here dust. When Leppa was with us, our team had the 2nd and 3rd best defense in the league. Also our boys when Leppa was with us, rarely if ever lost by 10 goals. With both Truck and Leppa, both when players with a huge amount of pride and sense of team working together will only be a good thing.

Sometimes you learn more about something when you fail at it the first time round. One of the biggest strengths of Leppa when he was with us, was that he filled our players with confidence. Speak to any tiger player who was coached when Leppa was at our club would say that. Some blokes you hate facing if you don't give 100% come game day. From what I heard Leppa was that type of assistant coach for us.

It's the reason he got pinched so quickly. He will work wonders with our young kids and also improve our ability to stick with it when the going gets tough. I rate Leppa extremely highly. I would love to see Leppa become our midfield coach. He would rip them to shreads if they dont give 100%

From what I understand, there's a couple of our main rivals wanting him, but dependant on terms of the Academy job, that's the preference for now.

Loves our club and our players though.

He will be ours if he does not get the lions job which i think he wont. God we need him. I believe we will be all about run and pressure next year, he will be integral to that with the IP he could bring.

Seriously disagree with you here dust. When Leppa was with us, our team had the 2nd and 3rd best defense in the league. Also our boys when Leppa was with us, rarely if ever lost by 10 goals. With both Truck and Leppa, both when players with a huge amount of pride and sense of team working together will only be a good thing.

Sometimes you learn more about something when you fail at it the first time round. One of the biggest strengths of Leppa when he was with us, was that he filled our players with confidence. Speak to any tiger player who was coached when Leppa was at our club would say that. Some blokes you hate facing if you don't give 100% come game day. From what I heard Leppa was that type of assistant coach for us.

It's the reason he got pinched so quickly. He will work wonders with our young kids and also improve our ability to stick with it when the going gets tough. I rate Leppa extremely highly. I would love to see Leppa become our midfield coach. He would rip them to shreads if they dont give 100%
I can see your point. Very well articulated ... unlike the other bloke who would argue the sky is green if I said it was blue because all he wants to do is just oppose other posters.
Leppa was a good assistant coach and highly regarded ... but my only query is how he rebounds from th etrain wreck in Brisbane. Some do, some don't. A bloke like Neeld never really did after his Melbourne experience, although he is still in the system, but not as well thought of.
Caracella was a great get.

Somewhat excited for next season now. I don't really know much about assistant-coach land, but by all reports the guys we are bringing in are pretty good. Even if we go the rebuild and lose a lot next year, the thought of us playing an exciting style, for want of a better word, excites me.
Steady, we've only brought in one. This is the part where the hype train crashes and we end up signing Troy Chaplin and Firrito.

From what I understand, there's a couple of our main rivals wanting him, but dependant on terms of the Academy job, that's the preference for now.

Loves our club and our players though.
I could understand him trying out for the academy job.
Id like him back at the Tigers.
I could even see him taking Chocos role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry if it's been mentioned already but any idea what area he'll be looking after? I think I read he was Geelong's forward coach? Would he dome the same for us perhaps? Fair to say our forwardline is a bit of a mess at present...

Montgomery would know the Dogs gameplan inside out & i'd love us to play as they do, they never give up!

just on leppa, ppl tend to forget he turned Rance into the Player he is today.

I can see your point. Very well articulated ... unlike the other bloke who would argue the sky is green if I said it was blue because all he wants to do is just oppose other posters.
Leppa was a good assistant coach and highly regarded ... but my only query is how he rebounds from th etrain wreck in Brisbane. Some do, some don't. A bloke like Neeld never really did after his Melbourne experience, although he is still in the system, but not as well thought of.
Caracella was a great get.
Rance nearly headed up to Brisbane on the back of Leppa going there.
Glad to hopefully have him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back