News Assistant Coaches Speculation and News - Xavier Clarke joins

Remove this Banner Ad

If only you could balance your views with the positives or had some sensible answers to our problems you might be worth listening to, unfortunately you prefer to throw out lines like "I bet you are one of those punters that is chuffed with(fill in with any positive you like)", you have a habit of focusing on any failings in the club while failing to see any of the positives.

As for Hampson yes I'm happy he made some positive improvements this year, his ruckwork in the centre was pretty good and with confidence he started to take marks around the ground, hopefully for our sake that improvement will continue, or would you rather he fails so that you can continue with your depressing commentary?

We all understand the club needs too make some big changes but continually putting down the club you supposedly support in virtually every thread, is in my opinion piss weak, your not improving anything by doing this but I guess you do get a lot of likes from opposition supporters :thumbsu:
giphy.gif

If only you could balance your views with the positives or had some sensible answers to our problems you might be worth listening to, unfortunately you prefer to throw out lines like "I bet you are one of those punters that is chuffed with(fill in with any positive you like)", you have a habit of focusing on any failings in the club while failing to see any of the positives.

As for Hampson yes I'm happy he made some positive improvements this year, his ruckwork in the centre was pretty good and with confidence he started to take marks around the ground, hopefully for our sake that improvement will continue, or would you rather he fails so that you can continue with your depressing commentary?

We all understand the club needs too make some big changes but continually putting down the club you supposedly support in virtually every thread, is in my opinion piss weak, your not improving anything by doing this but I guess you do get a lot of likes from opposition supporters :thumbsu:

Trust me dude, have been banging around for a long time and the one thing i have wanted is for them to prove me wrong with the negatives, unfortunately they have done SFA in addressing this situation in the last 30 years....they talk about addressing culture and all that s**t, but here we are and we have another group at the wheel wanting nothing more than to appease the fly by nighters to keep them putting their money up in hope, instead of biting the bullet, seeing things clearly for what they are, i.e. we ****ed up 2004 and that was going to cost us a decade. We are now into year 13 after that 2004 debacle and we have now once again identified that our recruiting is s**t. So you do the maths and see what is required. People go ape s**t with this precious stuff in regards to our supposed "A graders". If the brains trust were really wanting to get us to the top and stay there, right now I would be shopping all our top talent, bar Dusty, Rance and JR. Rebuild the midfield with Vlas, Dusty and what we get in pick up a ruckman and a young KPP and start a complete new build..total new direction that should take at least 5 years to get us to top 4. What part of we have been behind the 8 ball draft wise for the last 5 years dont people get? This is exacerbated with a recruiter that made total and utter dismal mistakes in picks too.
On the Hampson thing, the dude was banished to the 2s for the rest of eternity after his remarkable debut season which had us laughing and crying at why we actually got him and only because his predecessor was run into the ground because of his ineffectiveness coupled with the other bozo resting in the FL doing SFA, was he afforded the chance to play seniors again. I will leave it there dude, because i feel you are hopeful to the extend of being delusional.

I promise you that when and if we get our s**t together I will be positive..until then I will not pretend things are all hunky dory for the sake of some kind of feel good s**t that might translate to success somehow.
Anyway its all good, we have Balme and Caracella now :thumbsu::huh:

Trust me dude, have been banging around for a long time and the one thing i have wanted is for them to prove me wrong with the negatives, unfortunately they have done SFA in addressing this situation in the last 30 years....they talk about addressing culture and all that s**t, but here we are and we have another group at the wheel wanting nothing more than to appease the fly by nighters to keep them putting their money up in hope, instead of biting the bullet, seeing things clearly for what they are, i.e. we stuffed up 2004 and that was going to cost us a decade. We are now into year 13 after that 2004 debacle and we have now once again identified that our recruiting is s**t. So you do the maths and see what is required. People go ape s**t with this precious stuff in regards to our supposed "A graders". If the brains trust were really wanting to get us to the top and stay there, right now I would be shopping all our top talent, bar Dusty, Rance and JR. Rebuild the midfield with Vlas, Dusty and what we get in pick up a ruckman and a young KPP and start a complete new build..total new direction that should take at least 5 years to get us to top 4. What part of we have been behind the 8 ball draft wise for the last 5 years dont people get? This is exacerbated with a recruiter that made total and utter dismal mistakes in picks too.
On the Hampson thing, the dude was banished to the 2s for the rest of eternity after his remarkable debut season which had us laughing and crying at why we actually got him and only because his predecessor was run into the ground because of his ineffectiveness coupled with the other bozo resting in the FL doing SFA, was he afforded the chance to play seniors again. I will leave it there dude, because i feel you are hopeful to the extend of being delusional.

I promise you that when and if we get our s**t together I will be positive..until then I will not pretend things are all hunky dory for the sake of some kind of feel good s**t that might translate to success somehow.

I've also been around a long long time and you as a "supporter" being constantly negative does SFA, your not making changes, your not improving the culture your just complaining and after a while it gets tiresome, I'm not saying you are wrong in many of your criticisms, just understand the rest of us see the issues as well, ffs our last flag was on my 17th Birthday, I just turned 53 10 days ago, so the issues stand out like dogs balls, the thing is, if you cared to look you might see some of the positives as well and compared to the dark days of the late 80's and 90's there are many.

Shopping our talent imo would be the stupidest thing we can do, why would you trade proven performers for an unknown unless you have a particular role that needed filling, the Dogs won a flag with players they picked up using much the same strategy we used, unfortunately for us they nailed the late picks and trades and we didn't but our plan was right, the people we put in place to carry it out were where we went wrong.

Not sure why everyone thinks everything takes a five year plan, it sure as hell never worked for the Russians, the Dogs turned things around in two, no reason we can't do the same, of course if the powers that be at Richmond have an attitude like yours then we are truly f@cked.

I've also been around a long long time and you as a "supporter" being constantly negative does SFA, your not making changes, your not improving the culture your just complaining and after a while it gets tiresome, I'm not saying you are wrong in many of your criticisms, just understand the rest of us see the issues as well, ffs our last flag was on my 17th Birthday, I just turned 53 10 days ago, so the issues stand out like dogs balls, the thing is, if you cared to look you might see some of the positives as well and compared to the dark days of the late 80's and 90's there are many.

Shopping our talent imo would be the stupidest thing we can do, why would you trade proven performers for an unknown unless you have a particular role that needed filling, the Dogs won a flag with players they picked up using much the same strategy we used, unfortunately for us they nailed the late picks and trades and we didn't but our plan was right, the people we put in place to carry it out were where we went wrong.

Not sure why everyone thinks everything takes a five year plan, it sure as hell never worked for the Russians, the Dogs turned things around in two, no reason we can't do the same, of course if the powers that be at Richmond have an attitude like yours then we are truly f@cked.

this is where we differ, you talk proven performers, i see proven non performers. I mean, here we have dudes in here going ape s**t with no Motlop, 1, on the back of his prelim performance and 2., on his inconsistency and in the same breath say, Cotch is untouchable, who has gone missing in 3 elims, not 1 prelim and Lids who 45 years into a career still couldnt shake a tag, are untouchable and all that stuff...And i say that will all due respect to both, they were stupid for being top 2 in their draft years to get picked up by us, especially Lids. But FFS, when do you think we change the thinking and actually shake the tree properly? Forever we have been s**t scared that we will let go a champion for the greater good. Do you understand the culture that has never been addressed at our club?
I will say it again so you understand. s**t year this year. Forgetting the newbies, the leaders are suppose to produce week in week out. Like when i say produce, i mean impact, not some lame stats...the only 2 worth thier weight are the 2 that made AA, They turned up and didnt let the jumper hit the floor week in week out, the rest can * off, every excuse in the book is afforded to them when they as "A graders" shouldnt need excuses..thats my opinion..happy to be proven wrong
man i watch the dogs, swans etc and their small brigade move around the ground with light speed, like zipping around, changing direction etc, we sit there and watch our mids and outside Dusty its like it they are in the matrix moving in slow motion.. You look at Conca and then you look at the other mids in those top sides and i for one thindk we look like a ******* surburban standard side...thats ******* realism, not some try and feel good s**t.
And i am not just a supporter I am a member and I am sick of the s**t they are serving up and I make it known. You can sit there and hope to sing the song x times a year..i want flags because i know how good it feels. Forget about the others who have NFI about that.

Last edited:

Hear, hear.

And how would you like him to balance the topics when our club is unbalanced?
All i read from his posts is a FRUSTRATED tigers fan who has just about had enough just like a few others and growing by the day.
As for sensible answers we are all in owe with our masters we are waiting for them to tell is after a review.
But who cares cooga gets likes for opposition supporters as long as he believes what he types.

Would have to be the stupidest AFL column out there, which is saying something. He doesn't even understand what the phrase "sliding doors" means, the dumb campaigner. Why not just call it "If/Then"?

Haha. Spot. On. He just starts a sentence in the left hand column and finishes it in the right. Sliding doors is supposed to reflect two alternate scenarios. If instead of choosing option A he chose option B... this would've been the outcome. What a dick

I

I'm not following... What did he say re: grand final footy show?
Brisbane premiership players had a reunion at the precinct in Richmond and channel 9 happened to be there for their GF footy show after party. Leppa crossed paths with parrot, told him how he felt about his 'reporting' on him as a coach during the season. Got a bit heated and a couple players had to step in to hold leppa back from knuckling parrot. A real tragedy as we're left ruing what could have been had leppa not been held back.....

Great post to whoever you replied to

Haha. Spot. On. He just starts a sentence in the left hand column and finishes it in the right. Sliding doors is supposed to reflect two alternate scenarios. If instead of choosing option A he chose option B... this would've been the outcome. What a dick
He is a total arse, loves to vent on Richmond, he's been pushing the Lids to Geelong and the unhappy Reiwoldt crap for weeks, if he throws enough ideas out there he is likely to get the odd one right, would be more suited to writing the astrology page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leppa isn't mentioned, I think there are 2 more to get
Pretty sure we want 5 assistants (forwards, mids, backs, when they have the ball, when we have the ball) and at least one possibly two development coaches

We've got Caracella, Leppa and Rutten so far, so we need two more assistants (with one probably going to be Montgomery)

I think the development role goes to Xavier Clarke, with maybe someone like Aker coming in too

He is a total arse, loves to vent on Richmond, he's been pushing the Lids to Geelong and the unhappy Reiwoldt crap for weeks, if he throws enough ideas out there he is likely to get the odd one right, would be more suited to writing the astrology page.
I blame Barret and Hutch for DH getting another 2 years. They were pushing the sack him wheelbarrow before the season started, leading the board to try and stop the talk by extending his contract early. I don't think they anticipated us being that shite though.

Trust me dude, have been banging around for a long time and the one thing i have wanted is for them to prove me wrong with the negatives, unfortunately they have done SFA in addressing this situation in the last 30 years....they talk about addressing culture and all that s**t, but here we are and we have another group at the wheel wanting nothing more than to appease the fly by nighters to keep them putting their money up in hope, instead of biting the bullet, seeing things clearly for what they are, i.e. we stuffed up 2004 and that was going to cost us a decade. We are now into year 13 after that 2004 debacle and we have now once again identified that our recruiting is s**t. So you do the maths and see what is required. People go ape s**t with this precious stuff in regards to our supposed "A graders". If the brains trust were really wanting to get us to the top and stay there, right now I would be shopping all our top talent, bar Dusty, Rance and JR. Rebuild the midfield with Vlas, Dusty and what we get in pick up a ruckman and a young KPP and start a complete new build..total new direction that should take at least 5 years to get us to top 4. What part of we have been behind the 8 ball draft wise for the last 5 years dont people get? This is exacerbated with a recruiter that made total and utter dismal mistakes in picks too.

His Father died suddenly and Megan gave birth to their first child. Lighten up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back