News Assistant Coaches Speculation and News - Xavier Clarke joins

Remove this Banner Ad

A visionary with an in-depth, thoughtful approach to coaching, Clarke wants to coach at the elite level.

“It is something I want to do and if an AFL club comes knocking I’d be glad to listen to them,’’ he told the NT News.

“But I’m pretty set in my ways. If it was an assistant coach asking me to do a development role, with all due respect, I probably wouldn’t take it.

“But if it was a senior coach saying come and join us, it would be something I’d consider.

There is something in all the above that suggests we have a second candidate for the upcoming coaching job ;)

Great News, Multiple levels of satisfaction with this appointment,Whilst im not familiar with his coaching apart from what i have read about him for the last few weeks
1. He is extremely highly regarded in the industry considering how young he still is
2. Had multiple clubs chasing his signature
3. Beat the Scum in another signing
4.Will do wonders for kids like Rioli,Yarren,Markov,Drummond,Chol etc
5.Cockatoo coming to Tigers in 2018

I think this is the bigger news to come out of that article.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the article on the afl site:

The Tigers have since secured experienced pair Justin Leppitsch and Blake Caracella to lead the forwards and midfielders respectively, while Andrew McQualter has been promoted from development to midfield stoppages coach.

The Tigers won't replace the development manager position held by Power premiership coach Williams.

so caracella is mids coach, and mcqualter stoppages coach.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-27/xman-to-wear-new-stripes-clarke-joins-tigers-coaching-team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back